Any updates on Amiibo?

Console Discussion
Got the Switch so I can play D3 on the go but also kinda excited about this amiibo functionality. Any updates when we're getting the first amiibo? I mean other than the one in our stash.

Also do amiibo compatible games usually get more than 1 amiibo? It would be a fun to know we'll get something new every once in a while.
I was really excited for the amiibo portal, tried it 3 times so far finally today in t13 and didn’t get anything. I was hoping for something special. I’d love to hear details around it and what can be expected from it.
Hopefully D3 Amiibo give a chance to drop a special item only for Amiibo user like in Zelda Breath of the Wild. It's be awesome.
They have released a loot goblin Amiibo for pre-order at gamestop.. only in America and Ireland though.. not UK / Canada etc.
The only thing I've gotten out of Amibo so far are elite spawns. So just a quick deaths breath.
I preordered the loot goblin at game stop but I think release date was listed as 12/31/2018
12/05/2018 03:06 AMPosted by Ryangaming
They have released a loot goblin Amiibo for pre-order at gamestop.. only in America and Ireland though.. not UK / Canada etc.

yeah it suxs, a few peeps trying to flip the preorders for silly money on ebay ...

and why on earth does gamestop.ie not deliver to the UK we are still part of the EU (for the moment), i could drive their in about 10 hours lol ...
New update! Diablo Amiibo now causes player to lose -30 point off IQ.
if this is true for Loot Goblin Amiibo:
https://www.nintendo.com/amiibo/detail/loot-goblin-amiibo-diablo-3-series
click on "Amiibo features" button below Diablo III game:
https://www.nintendo.com/amiibo/games/detail/XDU7VOOLsrl3V8L9fRJ1xSp-5xmgYCij

When scanned, the Rainbow Portal will transform into a shimmering golden gateway to The Vault. The Vault is the realm of the enigmatic and mischevious Treasure Goblins. Filled with gems, gold, and treasures beyond your wildest dreams, take on the Baroness of the Treasure Realm herself, Greed, and the infinite wealth of her domain will be yours.

All other amiibo will summon a Champion Pack of monsters when used outside town.

then it is very disappointing decision. Rainbow Portal net you 10x times more of everything except the gold compared to The Vault.

But may be I am misreading this and Rainbow Portal is not in-game portal from Rainbow Goblin but this "amiibo portal" item in your inventory?
I just want to be able to delete the item from my inventory :(
So my loot goblin came in the mail yesterday and tried it out today.
Yup! One Vault portal per day.
The figure itself is a bit taller than Wedding Mario.
So the Amiibo thing is the same as cubing a puzzle ring but limited to once a day? Same map same fight against Greed? If so no thanks... I find several puzzle rings a day.. What's the point? Other than it being a figurine you can collect I guess.
12/20/2018 09:37 AMPosted by Mephisto
So the Amiibo thing is the same as cubing a puzzle ring but limited to once a day? Same map same fight against Greed? If so no thanks... I find several puzzle rings a day.. What's the point? Other than it being a figurine you can collect I guess.

Yup, all the same.
There will be someone out there who feels that it's cheating in regards to seasons. As you're going to get legendaries from the run.
12/20/2018 08:03 AMPosted by Merdrah
So my loot goblin came in the mail yesterday and tried it out.
Yup! One Vault portal per day.
The figure itself is a bit taller than Wedding Mario.

What happens if you stop the game, reset the date on your Switch to a different date, and start the game up again? Are you able to run another with the Amiibo? If so, what happens if you reset the date back to current?
Just adding for those in the UK, Game have them in stock and available for online order.

https://www.game.co.uk/en/m/loot-goblin-amiibo-2550804

No connection, just ordered mine tonight after being equally annoyed at the lack of UK stockist.
I thought I was the only one to get mine early, I ordered in November, and release date still says December 27, but I got mine 3 days ago. For a char that’s a higher level it’s not too bad, but it is gonna be a huge assist for new season chars in season 16. You get both gold and gear which is sweet. I recommend for all.
Blizzard should make another Amiibo. A Cow King. A portal that teleport you to the Cow Level. The only place where you can farm for a Cow King gear Set.

What do you guys think of this?
I'm gonna test this later, but curiuous if anybody has already tested.

Say you're in a 4 player couch coop game. Can each player open a portal to the vault using the Amiibo, thus allowing each 4 vault runs instead of 1/cooldown? Here's what I'm thinking...

Player one opens the vault. Thus starting the 21 hour cooldown for P1. Then player 2 opens one. Afterwards P3, then P4. Since each player has to have their own profile, I assume this means each has their own savefile. My guess is the cooldown date/time would only be written to the savefile of the person opening it.
It may detect the amiibo itself, not sure if each one would have a different "key". and its 24 hour cooldown not 21. So if you set use it at midnight, it won't be available again until midnight.
Confirmed that you can run 4 vaults if you are in a couch coop game (assuming none of the profiles have opened one earlier and still on cooldown.)

In game, if you try to follow one portal after the other with the same profile, it says 21 hour cooldown.