Diablo 1 remastered

General Discussion
Diablo 1 remastered is something I would love to see. Everyone is asking for D2 remaster. Why not D1? Bring back the cathedral and the slow descent in to hell. Being back the harder game play dropping items on dead. Maybe revamp the three classes a little bit add a little more game play. Let people try to steal your item if you have hardcore game open. I think this would be really great. Anyone else want this?
After Fiascon, our dreams of remasters and a traditional Diablo 4 are long gone son.
Because D2 has a huge online community, and is far more superior in functionality and world size. It already has and online platform, decent balance and a lot of mods supporting it, and presence on the Battle.net service.

And considering they went with WC3 and not WC1, does indicate that they are looking towards their previous huge successes. Which just calls out D2.

Diablo 1 works fine with W10, but Diablo 2 could benefit the most from a rewamp that would allow players to continue their adventures in that game. And I guess that is what most players miss
Hell even Bandai Namco remastered Dark Souls 1 - i wonder what is so freaking hard for them to just remaster D2. Sigh.
11/30/2018 02:05 AMPosted by NINEGRAVES
Hell even Bandai Namco remastered Dark Souls 1 - i wonder what is so freaking hard for them to just remaster D2. Sigh.

It's not, they just only have one team to manage classical remakes, or remasters.

Also Dark Souls one is made for modern systems, Diablo 2 (and Warcraft 3 too for that) was made for much older video drivers, and systems. All the 32-bit code is changed to 64-bits, and the entire system too, the video drivers and DirectX compatibilities, all of the visuals has to be changed, and if it is going to be 3D rendered, the entire way it does this has to be changed - although that will lead to issues with existing mods - and they are generally very found of the modding community.

So it IS a lot of work
11/30/2018 02:05 AMPosted by NINEGRAVES

Apologies for linking a Rykker interview. (I know some people hate the guy as click-bait whatever) but he did an interview with David Brevik on Diablo 2 remastered a while ago and some of the issue that make it a lot more difficult than it might seem.

https://youtu.be/Fuus5PLMdIQ?t=181
Check the Diablo 1 HD MoD, it looks and works great, easy to instal and play https://mod.diablo.noktis.pl/download
Neither one is going to happen.
Put down the pipe - crack is bad for you.
I don’t want them to touch D1 until I see Fenris and have faith that they’ve finally recaptured the spirit of gothic horror.

D2 had lots of gothic horror too, but it wasn’t nearly as oppressive as D1. D1 wouldn’t be anything without that atmosphere.
That would be awesome.

The only cool thing about D3 is the D1 event.
Im playing trough Diablo: Belzebub mod, tons of fun, they added alot of quests, chests with a ton of tabs, plenty of new loot with set items and craftables. I highly recommend giving it a playtrough if you want to make another playtrough on Diablo 1 or if you are new.

The way Blizzard is going i highly doubt they touch Diablo 1 or 2... They should seriously consider hiring those people that make mods, they know what makes the games great...
that look amazing for D1 downloading now!
"Yup, that's a cow, alright"
There's so much more to D2. I really hope they don't go with D1 instead. That would really just top the cake though, wouldn't it?

Don't get me wrong. Remaster D1. Just do it after remastering D2. Better yet, release both at once.
"Heck Yeah"

We love you "MAGIC BANNER GUY".

Very acceptable if he made it to D2 but must have same voice and dialogue.
11/30/2018 10:58 AMPosted by ImmortalKing
There's so much more to D2. I really hope they don't go with D1 instead. That would really just top the cake though, wouldn't it?

Don't get me wrong. Remaster D1. Just do it after remastering D2. Better yet, release both at once.

There is always Median XL , especialy with the january Sigma update I would say they are on the right path to Diablo 2.5
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXjQAeu6JOU
It wouldn't be a remaster but a complete remake. The game is way too old school to appeal to anyone else than the people who already want to play it.
God damn kids...D1 is great.
11/29/2018 08:11 PMPosted by SirSmokes
Diablo 1 remastered is something I would love to see. Everyone is asking for D2 remaster. Why not D1? Bring back the cathedral and the slow descent in to hell. Being back the harder game play dropping items on dead. Maybe revamp the three classes a little bit add a little more game play. Let people try to steal your item if you have hardcore game open. I think this would be really great. Anyone else want this?

I loved D1, but it was in D2 they would define what a ARPG should have. Like classes with its own skills and talents.
Acts that have different settings, better itemization, better support for grouping etc...

D1 has great atmosphere but the gameplay feel more dated then D2. As a warrior you basically walk around and auto attack.