Diablo VR, would you play it?

General Discussion
We see that Blizzard is moving away from the standard Diablo games, as noticed with new mobile Diablo. Do you think Blizzard may be thinking about a Diablo Virtual Reality game in the future? Would you play it?
lol
I want them to make a VR that can replace my dreams and allow me to be in another world as I sleep. Now that would be awesome.
If it's only greater rift paragon chasing game....no. It would get folks in shape having to sprint everywhere to make progress.
who even plays VR nowadays, it's a super niche gimmick, barely anyone owns a VR headset
PS5 rumored to have VR support. In Diablo's case I assume it would be like a pokemon GO game at best, but they do it for Warcraft already. I can't imagine how VR would work for Diablo, but I'd play a Diablo 1 remake in VR if it's possible. It can be turn based dungeon crawler for all I care even. It was Brevik's view on the first Diablo, so it'd be a feeling of nostalgia if that were to happen.
Isn't VR good exercise?
VR is not ready for main stream gaming yet. I could see an experimental game coming out of Blizz using AR or VR tech, but not in the Diablo franchise.

There are currently too many VR technologies out there and developers take a big risk developing for one, when it could end up dead. It is so hard to predict what will actually catch on and consumers will buy. Betamax vs VHS comes to mind.

We also need the price point of VR gear to come down - once industry settings on a format or two. Very few people have systems.

Heck, Blizz is not wrong to keep the tech in their games accessible even for people on a bit older systems.
12/01/2018 01:04 PMPosted by MissCheetah
I could see an experimental game coming out of Blizz using AR or VR tech,

After mobile movement that'd be a good step in a few years or so.
12/01/2018 11:20 AMPosted by darkenclan
We see that Blizzard is moving away from the standard Diablo games, as noticed with new mobile Diablo

Another rant from a crybaby. Either get over the fact that not 100% of all games are to your liking, or move on to your beloved PoE. Oh, you've been there, and got back? Well, what did that teach ya?
We see that Blizzard is moving away from the standard Diablo games, as noticed with new mobile Diablo. Do you think Blizzard may be thinking about a Diablo Virtual Reality game in the future? Would you play it?

even worse than immortal lol
12/01/2018 01:04 PMPosted by MissCheetah
VR is not ready for main stream gaming yet. I could see an experimental game coming out of Blizz using AR or VR tech, but not in the Diablo franchise.

There are currently too many VR technologies out there and developers take a big risk developing for one, when it could end up dead. It is so hard to predict what will actually catch on and consumers will buy. Betamax vs VHS comes to mind.

We also need the price point of VR gear to come down - once industry settings on a format or two. Very few people have systems.

Heck, Blizz is not wrong to keep the tech in their games accessible even for people on a bit older systems.
I disagree and you need to look no further than Skyrim VR to see what is possible. For diablo, I am not sure how well the isometric view will translate to VR.

Skyirim works well on PC and PS4 VR.
I personally enjoy VR... right now I’m waiting for borderlands 2 VR.

HOWEVER....

Diablo would NOT make a great VR game. How the game is generally speaking would never work and I’d drop blizzard in an instant if that mess became a reality. It’ll take away from that genres gameplay.
Blizzard is expanding into mass markets and not niche markets. There is no chance that a VR Diablo is coming. Although isometric does work just fine in VR. Like that Moss game. Also the exercise of doing Diablo style farming while standing up swinging a sword in 1st person is probably way too close to real athleticism.
VR wouldn't work so well for me, what with being blind in one eye (and deaf in one ear, so missing sound in at least a 180 degree arc). Outside of a holodeck, VR ain't gonna work for folks with sight issues.
jeesus bl2 in vr would be nauseating. However could be fun. Diablo I cant seeing being put in vr. Maybe being used as a cinematic screen with a interactive ui but mainly still controlled by kb + M.

I love vr since I have the rift and bought 2 extra sensors but still I have yet to find a game thats worth playing.

Skryim is great but after a while its just not comfortable, for extended periods of time. Its a great game though.
12/01/2018 01:10 PMPosted by Magos
We see that Blizzard is moving away from the standard Diablo games, as noticed with new mobile Diablo

Another rant from a crybaby. Either get over the fact that not 100% of all games are to your liking, or move on to your beloved PoE. Oh, you've been there, and got back? Well, what did that teach ya?

Oh look another sheep
Would I play Diablo VR? Absolutely. I own a VR headset, but major VR game releases aren't common and so I'm always looking for more, especially for a game that can last many, many hours like Diablo. Too many VR titles only last a few hours and then you're done.

That said, it's hard for me to imagine Diablo working well in VR.

You could maintain a traditional overhead isometric camera, but it's hard to imagine what value VR would be adding to the experience in that situation, and so it begs the question of why not just stick with developing non-VR. Some titles (like Moss and Astro Bot) have shown that third-person games can work in VR better than you might intuitively expect, but it's still hard for me to imagine a third-person VR Diablo being a must-have.

Or you could go first-person with tracked motion controls. But Diablo is so much about mowing down hordes of enemies, it's kind of hard to imagine that experience translating really well when you're limited by the physical speed at which you can swing your arms. The barbarian's whirlwind, for example, just wouldn't really work.

Unless it was like Gorn with loot drops.

Ooooh, Gorn with loot drops.

Ok, now I want Diablo VR.
Since VR right now is about as good as a 3D television, no, I'm not really interested.
I would not