Blizz just copy Path of Exile

Games & Technology
I mean I played Path of Exile and by all accounts, categorically in every way, it’s the Diablo game you need to make and make better. I mean those guys quite actually took the recipe and the suggestion box from Diablo 2 and 3 and made a pretty strooonngg game.

EDIT: I know I said copy in the subject but what I really mean is competitor analysis. Also I said it’s a strong game not a great game just strong.
its bad game
12/03/2018 08:03 AMPosted by Wottsefack
its bad game

he aint wrong D3 is a bad game, thank GOD for this truly innovative patch, with new builds coming. i can just see archon wizards being something truly new. well no not really new, just archon wizards with more damage...... so yay?

thank god y'all can go up another 5 ish grifts, the world will truly be different there,

new maps new monsters new gear new bosses/unique mobs < Fact
Just could not get into PoE. No matter how much I tried, I always hit the same road block. Combat and flow of PoE is what turned me off every single time.

My only gripes with D3:

Not dark enough
Only progression path is gear and paragon
No real new content since necromancer patch
@kithelle what road block did you hit? because the progression is the same for all crawlers isnt it? i havent come across one thats different, not to say one isnt out there. if you know of one id love to play it.
i'm sure one of their "projects" is copy pasta game...like all of their games, now what they do with the pasta part
12/03/2018 08:34 AMPosted by SnFuBaR
@kithelle what road block did you hit? because the progression is the same for all crawlers isnt it? i havent come across one thats different, not to say one isnt out there. if you know of one id love to play it.

Oh, I'm sorry, I'll clarify. My roadblock was a mental one. I couldn't get passed the feel of the combat. The story was mostly fine, the atmosphere was good, I liked that. The systems were all very cool. The feel of actual combat just wasn't smooth enough to me. Diablo's polished combat has basically spoiled me.

That's the 'road block' I was speaking about.

You're right about the end-game for most successful ARPG. That was not my problem with PoE.
@Kithelle, ahh i see- the combat to me - in both games (as well as marvel heroes omega) is about the same to me that is.

i think thats what makes it easy for me to move from game to game, the combat - the fact i can almost always build how i want (summoner most times) or caster, never been a real melee fan.(weird because i play a tank in WoW)
You know PoE was heavily inspired by D2, right?
I wouldn't copy pasta the entire game and call it the next Diablo game but i would take some inspirations from PoE:

Making the skills the focal point of the game, add a system that could be like the gem system only with runes to change the way skills work, keep the flow combat from D3, don't have any sets or if you do have sets, make it limited to one set, don't have all of the gear slots occupied and make it so that it would passively buff playstyles, not a flat multiplier, have legendary items that can support certain skills without making them best in slot.

There's a lot of inspiration that can be taken from PoE and other ARPG games to make Diablo something unique.
12/03/2018 09:07 AMPosted by KushiSensei
I wouldn't copy pasta the entire game and call it the next Diablo game but i would take some inspirations from PoE:

Making the skills the focal point of the game, add a system that could be like the gem system only with runes to change the way skills work, keep the flow combat from D3, don't have any sets or if you do have sets, make it limited to one set, don't have all of the gear slots occupied and make it so that it would passively buff playstyles, not a flat multiplier, have legendary items that can support certain skills without making them best in slot.

There's a lot of inspiration that can be taken from PoE and other ARPG games to make Diablo something unique.

I am not anti-set. I think sets have a role and purpose. I think where sets failed for me were the massive-boosts-to-skills with restrictions. Sets should never have boosted skills or damage on those multipliers. Weapons should have multipliers, rings, ect. Sets should have interesting things that improve or change something about the style in which you play without dumping loads of damage into certain abilities.

The problem, for me, with having damage-heavy affixes on so many pieces of gear, including sets, is that it takes away the ability to really tailor your build around the feel you want. You effectively HAVE to take the damage to push higher, because if you don't, you'll never EVER hit those higher rift levels.

What's wrong with boots only having speed mods / can't be rooted / can bust through walls / burning behind your feet / + + + mods? What's wrong with bracers/shoulders/hands slots being utility slots for survive and play style changing affixes?

Nope, nearly everything boils down to two things, damage +% or reduction +% and if it doesn't have those it's inherently worse.

Some slots NEED utility-only-affix combinations to encourage you to pick utility that is fun and game changing without affecting skill damage. Otherwise you nearly ALWAYS choose the damage mod.
12/03/2018 08:59 AMPosted by Imperius
You know PoE was heavily inspired by D2, right?

You know that D2 and D3 is different company right?
Don't, PoE system is a mess the classes have no identity they're just empty avatars for an overly complex cookie cutter system.
Copy PoE and charge $60 for it? That's a plan for success right there.
Wasnt PoE created by some people that left blizzard north?
but moving on-
@Kani every game has cookie cutter builds- all of them
with PoE you're target goal is 6k EHP for uber stuff then about 1m dps
D3 its what ever your class build is for highest Grift 1-2 builds a class iirc
(have not been to diablofans in a while)
Marvel heroes Omega just gear they didnt have much of an end game (they had raiding but you had 'battle rezzes' 20 of them i think)

as for the sets talk- im both ways i love them and hate them- i like that i can just simply take a set and BOOM 70 solo easy, no thought into it at all. but no sets means i need to actually think and plan out what i want and be smart about it (to a degree im not saying PHD level iq just dont spend all your income on one item simply because its shiny)
What we need is pure innovation and looking back on what made the IP so successful thus far in the moments of its prime.
Therefore, we need a game that deserves the name of the Title.
12/03/2018 08:11 AMPosted by SnFuBaR
12/03/2018 08:03 AMPosted by Wottsefack
its bad game

he aint wrong D3 is a bad game, thank GOD for this truly innovative patch, with new builds coming. i can just see archon wizards being something truly new. well no not really new, just archon wizards with more damage...... so yay?

thank god y'all can go up another 5 ish grifts, the world will truly be different there,

new maps new monsters new gear new bosses/unique mobs < Fact

Man, this is so much the truth! It’s the same boring gameplay loop .. with wow ... bigger numbers. Nothing interesting at all to this patch.
12/03/2018 09:33 AMPosted by TwinDenis
What we need is pure innovation and looking back on what made the IP so successful thus far in the moments of its prime.

i can agree to a certain extent. unfortunately, today most gamers want to hit the meta asap and aren't willing to grind and explore and put in the time and effort to get there.
12/03/2018 09:38 AMPosted by KushiSensei
12/03/2018 09:33 AMPosted by TwinDenis

i can agree to a certain extent. unfortunately, today most gamers want to hit the meta asap and aren't willing to grind and explore and put in the time and effort to get there.

I'd say it's a result of D3's focus. Seasons and leaderboards along with the endgame being greater rifts. Development went into balancing around those rather than worldbuilding.
12/03/2018 09:43 AMPosted by Lustrick
12/03/2018 09:38 AMPosted by KushiSensei

I'd say it's a result of D3's focus. Seasons and leaderboards along with the endgame being greater rifts. Development went into balancing around those rather than worldbuilding.

perhaps.
I think it has to do with games in general - even watching PoE streams, new players are like "what's the best build to play?" and stuff like that. it's the mentality of today in general of "I want it now".