Shame on this community

General Discussion
I know women that play games. You know WHERE the women I know play their games? On PC or console like the rest of us. I don't know anyone that plays games on their phone aside from getting bored waiting in line for 2 minutes or something.
12/01/2018 12:19 PMPosted by Phase
From Will Power's Twitter account (Sr Account Director for gaming) :

"Here's a hot-take:

The people that bash on mobile gaming are an offshoot of toxic masculinity. They get off on hating something that they've traditionally associated with a heavily female audience."

He hits it right on the money. This community dwells so deep in their mother's basement, they forgot that women play games too.

Diablo Immortal is going to revolutionize the industry. And for the women hating doubters of this new installment to the series:

For Shame.

I have to agree it will revolutionize the pc gaming industry. Companies that listen to their fan base will rake so much profit while those abandoning their base for a dream of microtransactions will fall apart.

We can only hope blizz will fix things before it's too late. But everything points to them being done with pc.

It's not entitlement to want something as wondrous and innovative like diablo and diablo 2 were back in the day.
12/01/2018 03:05 PMPosted by Phase
Of course im trolling. Blizzard has demonstrated that constructive conversation gives us Diablo immortal. These forums deserve to be a dumpster fire. Hoping for anything more is delusional

The community doesn't need this kind of crap right now. There are people who actually enjoy Blizzard's games despite all the stuff happening as of late, and this sort of nonsense is just ruining it for them. If you hate them so damn much, at least do the right thing and move onto greener pastures.
Meh, only shame I feel is for putting up with this nonsense of blizzard's for this long.

But please, keep lording yourself away beneath that nice bridge of yours OP.

"Here's a hot-take:

The people that bash on mobile gaming are an offshoot of toxic masculinity. They get off on hating something that they've traditionally associated with a heavily female audience."

He hits it right on the money. This community dwells so deep in their mother's basement, they forgot that women play games too.

Diablo Immortal is going to revolutionize the industry. And for the women hating doubters of this new installment to the series:

For Shame.

I'm not exactly sure what's the MOST wrong with this post, there is so much... LOL!

Is it the sexism? The sheer misunderstanding of the community and what it's made of? Or are you just a stupid retarded troll?

I'm married, have kids, am a long time fan of Blizzard games and Diablo especially. Everything you wrote and quoted is so off mark that if I were you, I'd just run and hide.

Man that was weird lol!
The only thing toxic here is your own post. You and this Will Power person are complete morons if you think that the reason we aren't interested in a mobile game has anything to do with identity politics. Sorry to be so harsh, but well, when you personally attack people you don't know with a huge brush, people find it very offensive.

After checking his account, it also appears he suffers from TDS, why am I not surprised.
Surely this isn't real :\

"Here's a hot-take:

For Shame.

A few questions for you, OP

1. Who is "Will Power" and why should I care?

2. How is a player not liking mobile games automatically showing "toxic masculinity"?

3. My wife (who is female) hates mobile games. Is she showing 'toxic masculinity' as well?

4. Why the SJW shenanigans over a video game?

5. You do realize that you claiming something doesn't make it true, right?
12/01/2018 07:13 PMPosted by TheSentry
Surely this isn't real :\

sadly the tweet's real

"Here's a hot-take:

For Shame.
Will Powers is an idiot.

His argument is basically this:

Players hate Diablo Immortal = Players hate mobile games
Mobile games are played mostly by female gamers
Therefore, players hate females.

Strawman argument.

Does not account for or even dismisses the actual arguments of why PC / console gamers dislike mobile games such as:

- Pay to win microtransactions
- Mobile games are often considered heavily dumbed down or twisted versions of the proper PC / console versions
- Phones have awkward controls and screen is too small
- Mobile games can be big drain on battery life
- Players prefer to use their phones for phones things...like making phone calls

Way to prove he has absolutely zero understanding of the whole fiasco.
yea toxic-masc totally goes down / went down on blizzard's part by 'no announce till demo ready' 2002 mentality they have "we know best...for sure...look at diablo 3...how fun it is not...we know best". nice try blizz.

name calling.
"community is toxic-masc"
"blizz is toxic-masc"

What a 2018 buzzword that twitter acct used.
Almost as 2017 as janky.

got any more buzzwords to....dig yourself out of the gigantic hole you created by...completely insulting everyone's intelligence by not announcing anything because you are so-set that you know best?

its pathetic
real ppl don't act like they know better than others like Blizzard did this blizzcon.
but they know how to use buzzwords in the aftermath...that sucker-in blizz-defenders like OP.
This sounds like serena williams when she is losing a tennis match for cheating.
My two sisters and my GF are all girls playing video games and all of them hate mobile gaming.
Yesss, yesss.

Let the toxic masculinity flow through you!

It gives you focus, makes you stronger.
12/01/2018 10:58 PMPosted by Darkduprey
My two sisters and my GF are all girls playing video games and all of them hate mobile gaming.

that's because they hate women
12/01/2018 12:35 PMPosted by SemiContagio
What a desperate attempt at social justice where there is none to be found.

Seriously.

I'm not gonna read though all the posts here but I bet the majority of them are with me in agreeing that this is such a stupid tweet that has nothing to do with the issue
12/01/2018 07:54 PMPosted by Hypersonic
His argument is basically this:

Players hate Diablo Immortal = Players hate mobile games
Mobile games are played mostly by female gamers
Therefore, players hate females.

Strawman argument.

I agree it's a strawman argument.

It's also similar to this argument:

A lot of mobile games are terrible and filled with pay to win microtransactions.
Diablo Immortal is a mobile game.
Therefore, Diablo Immortal is a terrible game filled with pay to win microtransactions.