My 80USD goes to GGG and my goodbye

Games & Technology
I had two attepts to POE and after 4h I was giving up. It wasnt going well because I was used to shallow in many aspects D3. Didnt understand concepts and was not good enough. This game has incredible amount of content now and it overlaps perfectly. While seeing how well each content/league is executed I now understand rage of D3 funs with our "patches". Poe is so rich now I am spedning hours in reading viki pages and I cant believe how good rich and complex this game is. Amount of possibilities of builds are overwalming and it is not even comperable with D3. Now is great time to move to PEO when they combine last 3 major leagues into main game. I am happy that Blizz up again so I gave poe 3rd chance. I even dont want D4 because POE has it all. I really wanted to be Diablo fan. I was. I grew up on these games but POE is so close to D2 but way better. After this blizzcon people wont be hyped if "forges running hot" becaue after this year revelation now we think D4 MMO or D4 on fridges and no body care. Everybody goes for a snack in night and can play D4 while doing so, we all have fridges.

I felt many times misslead by poor handling of information and leaderboards movements. Was top 10 in first season when leaderbords wasnt frozen and then got downgreaded to 400+ place because of new "balance patch" - which was major power creep - another story. Situations like these were dozens when my effort went down the drain because poor executions of Blizzard. I felt often so helpless with this company/game. Many core concepts wasnt respected. Where are bracless for barabarians removed day before patch? We still didnt get them. Recently was looking at poe release notes. They switch off item and fix it and return in 2 weeks! Where is PVP? I dont care but it was promised. Diffrence between GGG and Blizzard is huge. For all responses "go play poe bye bye bye" yes bye I am not returning. It is my goodbye here I dont want to come back. Want to reach for all these flustrated players to tell them dont grif, there is great world with awsome game supported by great company.

Bliz good luck with immortal, we guys in our 40ies have a lot of money and want to spend them on good products.
Ah 2 more things. We asked for so long for self found "no groups mode". It is matter of disabling 2 buttons "trade" and "join game" but no we didnt get it and solo leaderboards are stermed by group play players. In poe people asked and they got it instantly. In Bliz we asked more tabs and devs said it takes HDD space. Oh really? In poe you have as much as you want per league normal so times 2, self found or not so times 2, softcore or hardcore so times 2. Can be done? It can.
You already bought d3, RoS & necro.

Go back to your dead euro forums twit.
The difference between GGG and blizzard is about 4.5% stake from Tencent compared to 80% and will be 100 in a few years.
I supported poe and made the switch recently too, however once I beat the main story and started mapping it got stupid.... idk just felt pointless.
12/01/2018 05:41 PMPosted by Choppywee
I supported poe and made the switch recently too, however once I beat the main story and started mapping it got stupid.... idk just felt pointless.

You sound like a noob here in D3 that makes it to 70 and says same thing.
Really didn't get into the deep complexities of paragon forward and the meta.

12/01/2018 03:58 PMPosted by Ostatni
Diffrence between GGG and Blizzard is huge.

True OP, I have played a number of PoE leagues.
Highest I've gotten is 91. But I love this game as well as D3.

Like OP says, PoE has a depth of builds plus a crafting system that is amazing.

ActivisionBlizzard has really dropped the ball with Diablo.
Will they ever learn? Can Blizzard Diablo ever get the numbers back?
I don't know. But I have somewhere I can go to play if Diablo dies on PC.
Diffrence between GGG and Blizzard is huge.

Yes, the difference is huge... one is a company making billions and working on tons of games, the other is owned by a chinese company and has only one game to care about
I gave Waframe a try today... It's the first non-Blizzard game I've played in a very long time. I've only played it two hours. It seems to be some kind of loot hunt game but it's a 3rd person shooter. So, not very similar to D3 (and it's also a sci-fi rather than a superstitious fantasy... Why couldn't SC universe have something like this?). But from the 2 hours I've played, it seems sufficiently sophisticated to allow for all sorts of builds if you find enough stuff (and fuse it and whatever). I wonder how that will pan out...

I think I'll be playing that for a good while. I guess I'll keep my eye on D3 for any interesting changes!
Personally, I'll be playing Wolcen while I wait for S16
Every single gameplay video I've ever seen of PoE looked exactly like Diablo 3 - you run around spamming a single skill and everything on the screen blows up. Can't believe people like a game that you have to research wikipedias before you can even play...
12/01/2018 09:37 PMPosted by Langolier
Every single gameplay video I've ever seen of PoE looked exactly like Diablo 3 - you run around spamming a single skill and everything on the screen blows up. Can't believe people like a game that you have to research wikipedias before you can even play...

I liked PoE, but that attributes tree is a mess
They lock topics talking about Diablo4, but they let people talking about PoE. Why???
Maybe becauze PoE in the p2w from blizzard and PoE is the motive to ignore free Diablo
Save some of that USD for an Enter key.
12/01/2018 09:39 PMPosted by Imperius
12/01/2018 09:37 PMPosted by Langolier

PoE starts off slow with the feeling of D2 but by end game it resembles D3's speed but a little clunkier. There's just way more build variety.

The skill tree is convoluted and larger than it needs to be imo. It's visually interesting and gives a sense of progression at first but its just +10 of a stat until you get to what you want. Eventually you will just follow a guide until you familiarize yourself enough to experiment.
So, let's get this straight...
You paid $80 for a "free" game and are posting about it here instead of playing it?
It goes to Tencent.
GGG is gggone.
12/01/2018 09:39 PMPosted by Imperius

It is a bit bloated, but far from a mess. It's definitely not for simpletons.

Best to use a guide if you find it too daunting.
12/01/2018 03:58 PMPosted by Ostatni
I had two attepts to POE and after 4h I was giving up. It wasnt going well because I was used to shallow in many aspects D3. Didnt understand concepts and was not good enough. This game has incredible amount of content now and it overlaps perfectly. While seeing how well each content/league is executed I now understand rage of D3 funs with our "patches". Poe is so rich now I am spedning hours in reading viki pages and I cant believe how good rich and complex this game is. Amount of possibilities of builds are overwalming and it is not even comperable with D3. Now is great time to move to PEO when they combine last 3 major leagues into main game. I am happy that Blizz F&^%& up again so I gave poe 3rd chance. I even dont want D4 because POE has it all. I really wanted to be Diablo fan. I was. I grew up on these games but POE is so close to D2 but way better. After this blizzcon people wont be hyped if "forges running hot" becaue after this year revelation now we think D4 MMO or D4 on fridges and no body care. Everybody goes for a snack in night and can play D4 while doing so, we all have fridges.

I felt many times misslead by poor handling of information and leaderboards movements. Was top 10 in first season when leaderbords wasnt frozen and then got downgreaded to 400+ place because of new "balance patch" - which was major power creep - another story. Situations like these were dozens when my effort went down the drain because poor executions of Blizzard. I felt often so helpless with this company/game. Many core concepts wasnt respected. Where are bracless for barabarians removed day before patch? We still didnt get them. Recently was looking at poe release notes. They switch off item and fix it and return in 2 weeks! Where is PVP? I dont care but it was promised. Diffrence between GGG and Blizzard is huge. For all responses "go play poe bye bye bye" yes bye I am not returning. It is my goodbye here I dont want to come back. Want to reach for all these flustrated players to tell them dont grif, there is great world with awsome game supported by great company.

Bliz good luck with immortal, we guys in our 40ies have a lot of money and want to spend them on good products.

I found POE after BlizzCon myself. Been playing the end of the Delve season as a Necro Witch and I’m just blown away by the shear amount of builds you can do just as a summoner. Honestly, hats off to GGG they’ve created deep build and optimization options that take thinking and planning to execute and varied and interesting game play mechanics that are fun to play all along the way.

I’ve been having so much fun playing through the campaign, the ascendancy stuff, and just starting to poke around on the atlas and chasing the shaper areas I think they are called that I haven’t even messed around with delving.

After having sets rammed down my throat for years and Blizzard telling me exactly what builds I have to play in D3 it’s so much fun to play a game that lets me choose.
12/03/2018 09:04 AMPosted by Theros
They lock topics talking about Diablo4, but they let people talking about PoE. Why???
Maybe becauze PoE in the p2w from blizzard and PoE is the motive to ignore free Diablo

Bruh, POE is not pay to win in any form or fashion. all MTX's are either cosmetic or stash upgrades, which you don't even need unless you play the game a ton. Casual players don't even need to pay any money in the slightest.
12/03/2018 09:12 AMPosted by DonMartin
Save some of that USD for an Enter key.

Why? I think the paragraphs are well written