Star Pact Vyr with RoRG buff?

Wizard
Did anyone attempt a Star Pact Vyr build during PTR?

With RoRG buff it would be possible to wear/cube Nilfur's boots and wear/cube the Swami.

I doubt it would compete with other Star Pact builds, but it still might work well enough to be an amusing alternate to play around with.
Likely could be a thing, I mean I made ET:WW Vyr's a thing over a year ago was doing 100's with it so with a x2 mod it could be pretty viable, especially if they buff it further or tone down Tals. For the sake of diversity I hope they will or it will be all Tal's Meteor doesn't sound fun.

The only issue I see is you're gaining a large AS modifier which with Star Pact that's not really a thing to be going for, in fact IIRC it actually hinders it. I think Vyr's will utilize a different skill.
Vry's will run into issues with Area Damage vs Cooldown
basically any trash killer needs max AD (174 in wiz case)
but vry's also need 62% CDR(i think, could be wrong i'm just pulling that number from memory)

it not really possible to have max cdr and max area damage at the same time

couple other things come to mind
- have to use a cdr passive (taking away from dps)
- the game play it self doesn't really work (sometimes starpact wiz sets up and blows up trash and moves all with in 16 seconds. that would never be possible using vrys)

not saying it wont work at all - just that it's not very logical
It might have a spot in 2p. I think the faster stricken stacking might make the difference, since wizard spends so much time killing the RG in 2p pushes. The main issue is that I think the delay before "channeling" bonus falls off is tied to attack speed. I've noticed that when speed pylon is grabbed, I needed to channel longer after casting meteor. Which means attack speed kind of works against you in that regard.

Well and the whole CDR aspect of course.
Edit: Builds in Planner were updated to have 3,000 paragon and level 130 gems. The stats below are what I copied from planner with 1,000 paragon and level 85 gems (kept for reference). An Out-of-Archon_AT:SD-Lightning build was added to the builds.

I believe this PTR planner setup is what MasterJay was referencing:
https://ptr.d3planner.com/531160660

- 1,000 Paragon
- Level 85 Trapped, Stricken, Zei gems
- 120 Archon stacks (not even double stacked)
- 5 ApS

Damage Multiplier = 68,654,589.89%
Effective DPS = 7,115,803,118,860
Effective DPH = 1,423,160,623,772

I skipped out on most of the secondary stats so there is some physical damage reduction and armor missing. I put in a FireBird-6 / Vyr-2 Archon build just as a point of reference.
Edit: Builds in Planner were updated to have 3,000 paragon and level 130 gems. The stats below are what I copied from planner with 1,000 paragon and level 85 gems (kept for reference). An Out-of-Archon_AT:SD-Lightning build was added to the builds.

---------------------------------------
And the down vote bot strikes again.
---------------------------------------

Here is the details on ET giving the data above:
Cost: 28.5 Arcane Power
Damage: 14,482,054,962,459,112
Large Tornado Damage: 30,388,574,347,455,200

That is 14 zillion (14,000 Trillion) and 30 zillion (30,000 Trillion)
----------------------------------------
if we raise that stats to:
- 3,000 Paragon (2300 Intel)
- Level 130 Trapped, Striken, Zei gems
- 120 Archon stacks (not double stacked)
- 5 ApS

...then we get:
Damage Multiplier = 91,423,986.90%
Effective DPS = 16,897,843,919,508
Effective DPH = 3,379,568,783,902

...and the ET details:
Cost: 28.5 Arcane Power
Damage: 34,390,426,533,973,776
Large Tornado Damage: 72,163,517,972,928,592
You guys can compare the above to StoleOwnCar's StarPact Sims data in his thread:
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/20760657875

MJ's old "Vyr's Channeled Twister + more ideas" post (for point of reference):
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/20759597467

There is commentary from several forum regs. and a youtube video link to 2-man Out-of-Archon-ET-Raging Storm build run.
I'm not convinced Vyr's SP will be better than it's FO counterpart in legit 2 man. As attack speeds increase, the window to channel before impact tightens. FO allows you to cube Leoric's so you can roll more AD. Mathematics in an ideal simulation probably disagree, but without an ias scaling macro, I just don't know how practical SP Vyr's is.
12/05/2018 02:26 PMPosted by StoleOwnCar
It might have a spot in 2p. I think the faster stricken stacking might make the difference, since wizard spends so much time killing the RG in 2p pushes. The main issue is that I think the delay before "channeling" bonus falls off is tied to attack speed. I've noticed that when speed pylon is grabbed, I needed to channel longer after casting meteor. Which means attack speed kind of works against you in that regard.

Well and the whole CDR aspect of course.

Actually it would be better in 3s where a Barb and monk could be used. But at that point tals SP sader monk would outperform...

I do really like the idea behind it.
Theoretically it's the strongest Star pact variant so far, even w/o RORG buff.

Nonseason, Travelor + COE + RORG; seasonal, bastion + COE + any amulet.

It simply spam SP way faster than any other, and way higher toughness than LON.

The only problem is it's too fast to properly do a rotation.
12/16/2018 09:21 AMPosted by BossDogg
You guys can compare the above to StoleOwnCar's StarPact Sims data in his thread:
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/20760657875

MJ's old "Vyr's Channeled Twister + more ideas" post (for point of reference):
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/20759597467

There is commentary from several forum regs. and a youtube video link to 2-man Out-of-Archon-ET-Raging Storm build run.

Nice hey BossDogg, how you been man?? Thinking of returning and trying this out: https://ptr.d3planner.com/633561985 Yah it's basically that same build you referenced from my old thread (thanks for bringing that up!). But yah I just don't think, although the higher multiplier, that Star Pact is the right skill for it and it would much better be utilized with FO, Meteor shower or even ET.

With the Free RoRG infact it will open up Reapers + Zodiac so that you can spam more natural twisters and gear Area damage. Not quite sure what the optimal CDR would be but it would definitely open up Area damage to the build where before it wasn't really viable to slot Zodiac since you basically need EW. 52%ish would probably be about right though considering Zodiac procs, perhaps even lower. With mid 50's though you could gear 150% AD so that would probably be a sufficient balance.

Some food for thought, lots of things to be viable next season!

EDIT: Also BossDogg you have to remove the stack multiplier on either Swami or Archon skill, they changed that from multiplicative with itself long ago and planner just never updated it. those skill/builds will not ever do zillions of damage lol. Maybe a few Quadrillion if lucky with stacks + Area damage + Density + lucky Ragings stacking.
I know this was likely most for group setups, but I cleared 119 on EU with a Vyr Star Pact variant I really enjoy playing (much more than Tal Star Pact which is so fragile solo)

I think even for group it has some potential, however without the broken arcane dynamo, which is still buggy with it's 1.6x1.6 multiplier for Star Pact.
without that I would be almost certain that Vyr would be the absolute best.

For Vyr however it's best so spam AT:SD and let the Star Pacts rain down every second which is much faster than any other rotation (you fill your globe almost instantly with density 8 apoc and 5aps). You miss out on Arcane Dynamo, Arcane attunement is only activated on ever ~2nd cast.
You make up for it by using PE and Taeguk gems for very high stack counts and addiotional additive dmg.

Thoughts?
I mean I cleared 119 solo with 90 area dmg, NO CoE, NO arcane attunement, NO spellsteal, NO Pain enhancer. all of which are possible in groups if you go YOLO.... I imagine it could also do very well in groups, too.
and btw NO chill nuking, since it's solo. that's also a great deal.

Here's my build I'm using for solo:
https://www.diablofans.com/builds/104052-starpact-vyr-solo-gr120-season-16-only
02/24/2019 04:41 PMPosted by Horrax
I know this was likely most for group setups, but I cleared 119 on EU with a Vyr Star Pact variant I really enjoy playing (much more than Tal Star Pact which is so fragile solo)

I think even for group it has some potential, however without the broken arcane dynamo, which is still buggy with it's 1.6x1.6 multiplier for Star Pact.
without that I would be almost certain that Vyr would be the absolute best.

For Vyr however it's best so spam AT:SD and let the Star Pacts rain down every second which is much faster than any other rotation (you fill your globe almost instantly with density 8 apoc and 5aps). You miss out on Arcane Dynamo, Arcane attunement is only activated on ever ~2nd cast.
You make up for it by using PE and Taeguk gems for very high stack counts and addiotional additive dmg.

Thoughts?
I mean I cleared 119 solo with 90 area dmg, NO CoE, NO arcane attunement, NO spellsteal, NO Pain enhancer. all of which are possible in groups if you go YOLO.... I imagine it could also do very well in groups, too.
and btw NO chill nuking, since it's solo. that's also a great deal.

Here's my build I'm using for solo:
https://www.diablofans.com/builds/104052-starpact-vyr-solo-gr120-season-16-only

Nice work! You mentioned this plays more like a channeling build relying on AT and sigil. Do you also manually cast Star Pact?

Also regarding the arcane dynamo bug - I was aware of an issue with it not calculating correctly in D3planner but are you saying it is actually bugged in-game? I heard it was fixed.
as far as I'm aware arcane dynamo still gives 1.6x1.6 (2.56) multiplier for all extra AP used regarding the star pact rune. I've never heard of any fix. so to my knowledge it's an essential part of the reason why star pact is that strong.

of course I manually cast star pact in the build. that's the whole point, so benefting from high ATS, filling the AP globe almost instantly in density and having huge star pact impacts (with AD) every other second. most of the time the globe is completely filled again from zero to ~150 even before the previously casted meteor hits the ground...

the main issue despite being a high ATS (fast stricken stack) build is the Rift Guardian since only there you have to rely on the etched sigil autocast dmg, which is pretty low in comparison.
Since it's a reverse archon build you need to spend half your time in archon doing no dmg, so the kill time for single target RGs is slower than with a standard tal fire meteor build.
02/25/2019 12:36 PMPosted by Horrax
as far as I'm aware arcane dynamo still gives 1.6x1.6 (2.56) multiplier for all extra AP used regarding the star pact rune. I've never heard of any fix. so to my knowledge it's an essential part of the reason why star pact is that strong.

of course I manually cast star pact in the build. that's the whole point, so benefting from high ATS, filling the AP globe almost instantly in density and having huge star pact impacts (with AD) every other second. most of the time the globe is completely filled again from zero to ~150 even before the previously casted meteor hits the ground...

the main issue despite being a high ATS (fast stricken stack) build is the Rift Guardian since only there you have to rely on the etched sigil autocast dmg, which is pretty low in comparison.
Since it's a reverse archon build you need to spend half your time in archon doing no dmg, so the kill time for single target RGs is slower than with a standard tal fire meteor build.

Thanks I keep hearing about the arcane dynamo bug and getting conflicting information on whether it’s still live vs fixed. See thread here:
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/20770926999#post-4

Regarding your build, thanks for the info. I don’t have a season wiz to test Vyr but last night I tinkered with a LON archon no-signature no-dynamo build just relying on ATSD and APOC to regen AP. The rotation becomes much more streamlined without the signature/dynamo mechanics. Without the AS from Vyr this still fills full AP globe in about 2 seconds in density. I was keeping ahead of the timer on some 123s but need a bit more fishing for better density.
02/25/2019 02:36 PMPosted by mcdundee
The rotation becomes much more streamlined without the signature/dynamo mechanics.

exactly thats the main reason why i like it alot more to not worry about signature AD rotations. wanna focus on surviving , creating density and stuff and not on some arcane dynamo buffed meteor to hit properly at the right time.

thanks for the link regarding the dynamo nerf, which probably really happened when reading those comments. well then taeguk is almost as strong really.
Few days ago I cleared Gr125 solo on eu non season. I missed 127 by 8 seconds. I used Lon Archon Star Pact without signature and arcane dynamo. As mcdundee wrote with arcane torrent static discharge you fill your AP quite fast in density.

Instead signature spell I used teleport, much easier to survive nasty elite affixes. I also used archon teleport rune, great mobility, can skip bad maps, not so much fishing needed.
02/25/2019 03:43 PMPosted by EasyFrank
Few days ago I cleared Gr125 solo on eu non season. I missed 127 by 8 seconds. I used Lon Archon Star Pact without signature and arcane dynamo. As mcdundee wrote with arcane torrent static discharge you fill your AP quite fast in density.

Instead signature spell I used teleport, much easier to survive nasty elite affixes. I also used archon teleport rune, great mobility, can skip bad maps, not so much fishing needed.

that actually sounds like a very interesting build. i will check it out on the leaderboard :) however i refuse to play lon during this season. I will just gather gear for testing after it ends on NS ;)
Nice job EasyFrank! I also went with teleport instead of signature spell, for the utility and toughness. I was using Pure Power with 52% CDR but I really wanted the archon teleport rune. How much CDR did you run with it?
02/25/2019 03:59 PMPosted by mcdundee
Nice job EasyFrank! I also went with teleport instead of signature spell, for the utility and toughness. I was using Pure Power with 52% CDR but I really wanted the archon teleport rune. How much CDR did you run with it?

he had it on every piece of gear maxed, except one ring + weapon. that translates into 58.45% cdr (almost 50 sec archon cd). like 10 sec of downtime on those 50 stacks before entering archon again, however that means more time to create density for the next pull ;)
sorry for answering that quesion, I just checked it out xD

by the way I cleared 119 with vyr @15k int (120 gems), just sayin, season ssf over here lol