Median XL 2019

Games & Technology
Just gonna leave this masterpiece of a trailer here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmPdJCLd_Z8
No matter how much lipstick and polish you put on a pig, it's still a pig.

I watched your so-called masterpiece trailer, and it still looks like Diablo II with the isometric camera angle (not a bad thing) and the horrible square maps (still horrible) with the game speed jacked to 2x.

For something to do with Diablo II, I'm sure it's great. New and improved animations and graphics, more layers of skill tree to tinker with, because after 22 years, some people must be getting bored with it.

But looking at it with a fresh perspective, Diablo II is still an old sow.
Im confused..is it a pig...is it great...or is it an old sow..maybe its a great pig or a great old sow pig
I think it looks like a great mod for a great game. once it's released I'll probably check it out, though for now I've been having a lot of fun with the D1 Belzebub mod, a great improvement to a classic.
12/04/2018 12:51 PMPosted by Zeddicuus
I think it looks like a great mod for a great game. once it's released I'll probably check it out, though for now I've been having a lot of fun with the D1 Belzebub mod, a great improvement to a classic.

I recently completed a Belzebub playthrough on a Barbarian, it was really fun. MedianXL definitely breaths new life into D2 though, it's a completely new game, had a lot of fun with MedianXL 2017.
Good mod, just a little too different for my tastes. Bring back the Eastern Sun!
Still just a bunch of modders making money off of an already popular game... You can add whatever you want to it... it's still copyright infringement and they could get sued for it. Good thing that Blizzard has been quite nice with people modding D2, because a lot of them find ways to monetize their mod...

If they want to impress me they'll make their own game, instead of using someone else's brand
Watched the video and it reminded me exactly how ugly 18 year old games look (even in high-res). Uninterested.
For all those who never played Diablo 2 and keep reading all hype on how great is was, well, look at the video and you'll have a better appreciation of Diablo 3.
I've played Median XL. It's a lot of fun, cures some of the obvious ills of D2 (larger stash space, for instance) and adds some interesting twists (challenge areas).

12/04/2018 02:23 PMPosted by Imperius
Still just a bunch of modders making money off of an already popular game... You can add whatever you want to it... it's still copyright infringement and they could get sued for it. Good thing that Blizzard has been quite nice with people modding D2, because a lot of them find ways to monetize their mod...

If they want to impress me they'll make their own game, instead of using someone else's brand

This is a terrifically ill-informed posting. You need D2 LOD to play. It won't launch without it. The mod is free to play. Costs nothing. And it is pretty impressive what they are doing with the limited parameters they have.
Graphics don't necessarily make the game, Argos. To many, quality of game play, customization and build diversity is far more important than how pretty the graphics are in comparison to a 18 year old game.

Not saying you're wrong, but to each their own.
100000000% better than the !@#$ called Diablo Immortal
12/04/2018 02:38 PMPosted by Toots
I've played Median XL. It's a lot of fun, cures some of the obvious ills of D2 (larger stash space, for instance) and adds some interesting twists (challenge areas).

12/04/2018 02:23 PMPosted by Imperius

This is a terrifically ill-informed posting. You need D2 LOD to play. It won't launch without it. The mod is free to play. Costs nothing. And it is pretty impressive what they are doing with the limited parameters they have.

They are selling trade currency for the game... so yeah they are monetizing it...
Looks great. Blizz could learn a thing or two from the modding community.
12/04/2018 03:31 PMPosted by Imperius
12/04/2018 02:38 PMPosted by Toots

They are selling trade currency for the game... so yeah they are monetizing it...

Oh the horror:

The mod, forums and online realms are all free to use and they always will be. This, however, doesn't mean modders and hosters are heartless robots. Sharing is caring! Show your support and help developers stay motivated. The site and realms are on paid hosting services, without donations, none of these can exist. People who donate will receive a recognition badge and ten times the donation amount in the form of trade gold or “TG”. This forum currency can be used to trade with other forum or realm members.
12/04/2018 08:50 PMPosted by Toots
12/04/2018 03:31 PMPosted by Imperius

Oh the horror:

The mod, forums and online realms are all free to use and they always will be. This, however, doesn't mean modders and hosters are heartless robots. Sharing is caring! Show your support and help developers stay motivated. The site and realms are on paid hosting services, without donations, none of these can exist. People who donate will receive a recognition badge and ten times the donation amount in the form of trade gold or “TG”. This forum currency can be used to trade with other forum or realm members.

Imperius why you hate about modification? Its to hard for you or what? So mad..You are working on something too? Hurts that noone want support you ? Or it's trolling ? I mean its optional modification and donation and still require Legal copy to play it?
12/04/2018 03:28 PMPosted by BloodOath
100000000% better than the !@#$ called Diablo Immortal

Have you played d:I? If not then how can you say that?

And a hundred mill? It's dated graphics and dated combat says otherwise.
People how only play a game for the graphics, please go watch a movie on cinema and stop playing games.
The differences between Diablo 3 and Diablo 2 median-xl, are huge, and most of the points go to Diablo 2. The only were Diablo 3 wins, is with graphics, way better, i agree, but in rest ... useless (play both game for years).
Lets make a small check :
Diablo 3
Graphics - very nice.
Gameplay - challenging until one point. Finish the game, and farming the same rifts and great rifts, over and over and over again, just for the point of having a good gear, which some players who have luck, are getting those items until paragon 500 (in last season a player had half of gear primal before at paragon 513). To compete on LeaderBoard, is useless unless you are a streamer or don't have a job / family / etc, and is worth spending your time for farming all day long, otherwise, you don't have a chance for a top ten leaderboard , and for lower places ... why would you want to compete ???
Base line - you don't have a challenge only moving in circles.
Diablo 2 - median xl
Graphics - old and not very attractive, but we are in 2019, and we have games like "into the breach", "south Park", etc. with a horrible graphics, and they are new games, not 18 years old games ... so ... this is debatable.
Gameplay
A little boring at first(for some), because you have to finish the same game three times, on different difficulty, and you can do it only on main story, you don't have rifts, great rifts, bounties , but . after you finish the last difficulty, the game become really cool, challenging. You have a lots of Ubers where you really must what to do. To finish all the ubers, it may take a lot attempts.
That make the game a little more playable for some players, because there is an actual challenge, not the challenge of doing a GR 140, and in two days, another team will do 142, just because the got a better map (really??? wtf) or finish a season and all you 2000 paragon is cumulated to your main chars, and you are happy that you reached a total of 3500 paragon and wanna try a leaderboard attempt, and then you see the leaderboard full of players with 8000 - 9000 paragon, ... really ??? WTF