It took 2 years, but you listen

Wizard
You guys and girls at blizzard finally gave me something to work with, now my LON electrocute build will work. thanks for finally buffing LON

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzsmC-JcnCU

2 years I sat in a corner waiting for you, now be good and return critical mass. make us powerful wizards for the last few years we have left in this hell.

until diablo 4...…………………………………….
12/23/2018 10:07 PMPosted by YORI
You guys and girls at blizzard finally gave me something to work with, now my LON electrocute build will work. thanks for finally buffing LON

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzsmC-JcnCU

2 years I sat in a corner waiting for you, now be good and return critical mass. make us powerful wizards for the last few years we have left in this hell.

until diablo 4...…………………………………….

I agree

#1 wiz
Did you just self quote ? xD

On topic, I agree, finally some more diversity migth emerge for our builds. Even if it's not for pushing, at least we can have some fun with speed builds. :)
WHOAAAAAAAA GR FORTY FIVE????

THAT'S LIKE GR SIXTY FIVE WITH NINE THOUSAND SEVEN HUNDRED AND FIFTY MULTIPLIER!!!!
Just use tals. It’s the same !@#$ but way stronger.

Weird thread
is this ptr footage?

can you link the build you used?
We remember, they remember, we're listening YORI !

Vyr's+DMO buff + free RoRG is enough to bring me back to mess around for a bit but I always remember your LoN build threads.
12/23/2018 10:10 PMPosted by YORI

#1 wiz

Nice to see you, #1

EDIT:
Also, "What are you doing, dork?" :)
wow you guys are still here??
This is some sort of a Wiz convention...
LoN makes our horribly underpowered builds slightly less underpowered.
They could've just put electrocute damage into the damn ball and elivate this whole thing.

My wait isn't over.
"WizClubRules" lol

well done.
I still don't think Electrocute is anywhere near Viable. Which is a shame, because a LOT of legendary powers were electrocute-centric, and they all were disappointing.

Actually, scratch that, a lot of legendary powers were disappointing in general. Wasn't that a promise they made during RoS - that all legendaries would be exciting?

Oh well. Spilled milk, and all that. Maybe a HotS dev or two will be moved over to Diablo. We can hope :P
01/01/2019 06:47 PMPosted by Venaliter
I still don't think Electrocute is anywhere near Viable. Which is a shame, because a LOT of legendary powers were electrocute-centric, and they all were disappointing.

Actually, scratch that, a lot of legendary powers were disappointing in general. Wasn't that a promise they made during RoS - that all legendaries would be exciting?

Oh well. Spilled milk, and all that. Maybe a HotS dev or two will be moved over to Diablo. We can hope :P

I was able to push a GR 65 with a current LoN Electrocute build. This was performed on a paragon 800 wiz with no augments on the gear. probably be able to clear an 80+ after the lon buffs next week. Personally, I think electrocute builds would be in a great place if they modified myken's ball of hate to allow electrocute to chain on a single target. Might be borderline OP depending on how it was implemented.
They need to make Myken's allow electrocute to jump to you hydra.
01/04/2019 10:12 PMPosted by snake

I was able to push a GR 65 with a current LoN Electrocute build. This was performed on a paragon 800 wiz with no augments on the gear. probably be able to clear an 80+ after the lon buffs next week.

I was able to clear GR82 with a LoN Chain Lightning setup before the buffs to LoN, and able to clear GR99 or 100 (can't remember) with a Firebirds Chain Lightning setup. Might have been able to go higher, but I got tired of fishing. I was under 2k Paragon for the LoN setup, and I think a little over 2k for the FB one at the time.

I don't think LoN Chain Lightning will be able to go as high as FB CL (or at least not much further) simply because the defense is not there. FB CL has access to OoID (80%) + HoK (80%) + FB 6P (60%) for defense, whereas LoN can only have Aquila (50%) + LoN (52%) + OoID (80%), possibly Exhaustion (25%). Both can have Safe Passage (25%).
That's a huge difference between the 2 setups. The LoN setup can have Deflection (FB has to use Ignite or another Fire ability), but it's not near enough to off-set the two.

Personally, I think electrocute builds would be in a great place if they modified myken's ball of hate to allow electrocute to chain on a single target. Might be borderline OP depending on how it was implemented.

That only really comes into play with the RG, as during the Rift itself you're able to kite singles to more mobs, which is a big part of climbing with CL builds.

I think the bigger issue is that CL builds can't benefit from a huge multiplier like Deathwish, which is largely what makes MH Static Discharge so strong in comparison. Even with near perma-5 APS (which you can get with CL setups when factoring in Shame of Delsere and the fact that Electrocute ticks 2 times per APS), it's not enough. Maybe if there were an item that gave Chain Lightning the effect of the Forked Lightning rune so that you get all those extra charged bolts that can proc MH (like Static Discharge gets all those extra charged bolts by default), and/or an item that buffed your Electrocute damage to the degree that Deathwish does when mobs are, say, under the effect of Blizzard or Black Hole or something, would be sweet.

However, there's still the issue of Electrocute LoN survivability. Not being able to use LoN + Menald Heal + Halo of Karini all at the same time really hurts. There needs to be another item that's not a Ring that can buff survivability substantially for such builds. Shoulders, Legs, Boots, and Amulet are all good slots for something like this, provided, of course, it doesn't also break non-LoN Wizard builds.

I just hope that now that they did a balance tuning pass on all the sets (including LoN) that they'll now work on adding some items that bring even more diversity to the high end for underperforming, yet highly fun and interesting, builds.
12/26/2018 04:49 PMPosted by snake
is this ptr footage?

can you link the build you used?

No this was a video I made 2 years ago
12/28/2018 02:41 PMPosted by Machado
12/23/2018 10:10 PMPosted by YORI

#1 wiz

Nice to see you, #1

EDIT:
Also, "What are you doing, dork?" :)

Not much man, just living :) miss you guys
If you look at what is actually happening in the video and the mechanics behind it. You'll see why its a instant kill glitch if it's done right.

I yelled for years that spinning in archon does more damage.....

Believe me on this ;)
I love when the OG’s post and others think we’re like, senile or something.

*shakes cane at youngins*
Hi melkor :)

everyone thought I was nuts anyway since day one haha