question

Barbarian
I am trying to max my Leap barb, looking at what people are using in cube..

why are ppl using "the Furnace" over Vanished Peak?

thanks

OG
I haven’t played mote in a very long time. But unless you’re focusing on ss damage. Then peak isn’t as good. And most people push as quake build not ss spam build.
12/04/2018 07:42 AMPosted by Dmoney
I haven’t played mote in a very long time. But unless you’re focusing on ss damage. Then peak isn’t as good. And most people push as quake build not ss spam build.

what am I missing though

Furnace is 50% damage vs bosses

peak is 500% vs everyone? even if its SS
12/04/2018 07:55 AMPosted by CaptCaveMan
12/04/2018 07:42 AMPosted by Dmoney

what am I missing though

Fire MotE's main source (95%+) of damage is the fire quakes, so your 500% SS increase will not come even close to 50%+ Damage from Furnace.
12/04/2018 07:59 AMPosted by Hadd
12/04/2018 07:55 AMPosted by CaptCaveMan

what am I missing though

Fire MotE's main source (95%+) of damage is the fire quakes, so your 500% SS increase will not come even close to 50%+ Damage from Furnace.

ok thank you... ill try furnace..

OG
You play Fotvp when you play physical (Cave In) Leapquake. It has advantages and disadvantages over Molten Fury.

If you go to sticky note guide, on first 2 pages there is convo between me, Nubtro, Tom and dew others discussing fire vs physical, and on last 2 pages - recent posts - there is also very interesting discussion about these variants and BoM vs CoE debate.
@CaptCaveMan

I took a quick look at your profile and just figured I'd mention: whether you play Phys or Fire, you really want a diamond, not an amethyst, in your helm. Also, you definitely want an oculus ring, if you've got one, on your follower.
when you poop up mess all over the place and than keep standing in occulus circle, do you get dmg boost for poop you allready droped and that is outside of ring effect ?

if thats how it work that might be actually way to go in Publick group 20 000% dmg +85% isnot that bad
12/04/2018 07:45 PMPosted by Keel
when you poop up mess all over the place and than keep standing in occulus circle, do you get dmg boost for poop you allready droped and that is outside of ring effect ?

if thats how it work that might be actually way to go in Publick group 20 000% dmg +85% isnot that bad

Yes, updates dynamically.
But only while you´re on the ground within the circle. Air time gets no Oculus boost.
When I last played MoTE before I swapped over to IK6/RK4 (And the last time I played THAT was in March or something...), I used Physical and FoTVP. It was the highest seasonal clear, for whatever season that was (S13) at the time, for the MOTE build (it got surpassed, though, by a strong margin. Mostly by other Phys. LQers). I had something like 1500 paragon levels and went with the physical build. I was struggling with Fire and decided to give Physical a try and got a pretty good rift to beat GR104 for that season (I later swapped to VileCharge and cleared 115 mid-season).

https://www.d3planner.com/756391706 is the link to the character at the time of the clear. I was strictly a MOTE player from any active season I was in from S1-S13. You can use either elemental, Fire or Physical, it depends on what you've got and how you like to play.
But only while you're on the ground within the circle. Air time gets no Oculus boost.

Nubtro, are you certain about that? Because that's not how it has generally looked to me.

For instance, in a scenario where i'm leaping around a big mob, one dies, and then a circle spawns, I leap into it, and my EQ damage ticks go way up. As long as I keep launching and landing within the circle, those elevated number seem to hold steady.

Maybe it's updating damage based on your last position *on the ground*. i.e. if you are leaping from within a circle, all your quakes get circle bonus until you land, at which point it again checks to see if you are in a circle?