Storm Armor Rune

Wizard
I was wondering why people use Shocking Aspect rather than other runes.
Funny how like 90% of players use this rune but have no answer for it. I even Googled and read countless threads. There's no legit reason I can find. This is what I hate about D3. Players just use a rune or a skill based on "YouTube" or some build they find online but have no idea why they use it.

This post has been here for 2 days and not one answer yet.
to refill arcane faster...
01/05/2019 06:45 PMPosted by Massaker
to refill arcane faster...

I was thinking that but is that confirmed anywhere?
I found when using it, the procy lightning zap seems to count as a source to trigger halo of karini. Now maybe i was just getting unlucky before swapping to the rune and not noticing that i was just happening to zap things at a distance when using the rune, maybe not. But thats why i used it, i found it seemed to result in me keeping up karini buff a lot easier when i have mobs packed in tight around me.

Without it, karini falls off and i died. With it, i kept karini up more frequently when standing ontop of my monk. Coincidence? Perhaps

To be fair, i didnt test too much, i found this to be the case in a couple of runs and then jumped to the conclusion that im probably right and thats most likely why others are also using it. Either that or arcane power i assumed, either way, went smoother with it, didn't bother thinking too much about it beyond (this is clearly better). Can't tell you for sure why others are, but thats why i do.
01/05/2019 09:47 PMPosted by Legendairy
I found when using it, the procy lightning zap seems to count as a source to trigger halo of karini. Now maybe i was just getting unlucky before swapping to the rune and not noticing that i was just happening to zap things at a distance when using the rune, maybe not. But thats why i used it, i found it seemed to result in me keeping up karini buff a lot easier when i have mobs packed in tight around me.

Without it, karini falls off and i died. With it, i kept karini up more frequently when standing ontop of my monk. Coincidence? Perhaps

To be fair, i didnt test too much, i found this to be the case in a couple of runs and then jumped to the conclusion that im probably right and thats most likely why others are also using it. Either that or arcane power i assumed, either way, went smoother with it, didn't bother thinking too much about it beyond (this is clearly better). Can't tell you for sure why others are, but thats why i do.

This was what my tests taught me when Karini first launched. SA triggers it waaaaay more consistently than any other rune.
01/05/2019 09:47 PMPosted by Legendairy
I found when using it, the procy lightning zap seems to count as a source to trigger halo of karini.
This
I've tried other runes and Karini seems to be fine.