IF D4 isn't D2 with Rifts and Paragons START OVER

General Discussion
Lets face it.........If D4 isn't D2 LOD itemization on steroids.

6 Player games

Trading

DO NOT EVEN BOTHER MAKING IT! Do not waste (r our are) <--- Making sure you know..... DO NOT MAKE IT

WE DO NOT WANT WORLD OF DIABLO where you quest for set items!! Sitting being forced to use certain legos because you do not respect us! Yes 4-6 MODS per item and making us wear sets + Legos to complete builds is a serious spit in the face! If people do not understand stats on items thats there problem!! We have google!!! we do not want a toned down ARPG WOW STYLE GAME!

THE ISSUE IS BLIZZARD DOES NOT HAVE THE BALLS TO DO THIS!!!

THEY MAKE GAMES SO ANYONE AGES 3-150 (MAKING SURE I COVER EVERYONE ALIVE) CAN PLAY THEM AND WIN!!! WERE NOT THAT CROWD WE LIVE FOR D2 AND D2 LOD WE JUST WANT A NEWER SHINY VERSION TO DEDICATE OUR ARE R TIME TO !!!!

Jay Wilson failed
Wyatt Chang Failed
D4 (if it ever happens) will literally be next generational.

A isometric action MMO seems more than likely.
I agree. However, you remind me of a drunk client that always writing long rambling aggressive emails when he's upset.
I only disagree about Paragon. Paragon is a bandaid thanks to generic mmo-like """"progression""", but still just an bandaid in an necrosed arm
Yes Blizzard listen to this fool and instead of being innovative and pushing the boundaries of the genre go back to what worked years ago but may not work with the current generation of gamers.
12/11/2018 10:59 AMPosted by Soma
Yes Blizzard listen to this fool and instead of being innovative and pushing the boundaries of the genre go back to what worked years ago but may not work with the current generation of gamers.

Innovation

n. The act of introducing something new.
n. Something newly introduced.

Copy generic mmo bu****it like gear determining stats, no skill progression, game starting at lv cap, cooldown, and copying wow cartoonish artstyle is not innovation
Please no paragon. The motivation to play for a long time should come from itemization and added content over time and not from unlimited power creep.

Diablo3 has the worst end game by far.

#nomoreparagongrindingsimulatorakabotsparadiseplease
Not a D2 fan so I guess you don't speak for all of us.
12/11/2018 10:54 AMPosted by L0rdV1ct0r
I only disagree about Paragon. Paragon is a bandaid thanks to generic mmo-like """"progression""", but still just an bandaid in an necrosed arm

Median XL is getting another patch Jan 18th and it will basically be D2 with Rifts among lots of other cool things D2 should've had.
12/11/2018 01:17 PMPosted by BagboyBrown

Median XL is getting another patch Jan 18th and it will basically be D2 with Rifts among lots of other cool things D2 should've had.

OMG... Downloading Median soon.
D4 already exists find a new acronym

D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die
Initial release date: September 18, 2014
Platforms: Xbox One, Microsoft Windows
Publishers: Microsoft Corporation, Microsoft Studios, Playism
D3>d2 in my opinion. I enjoy d3 in the iteration that it is in. I do think there are things that can be done to make it better. But as a whole it's a game that I enjoy playing.

Granted I have not played the game nonstop for 6 years. But I havent ever played any game nonstop for that long.

Itemization in d3 is not that bad. If you want to be the best in any game you have to follow a set way of playing. Let's use mythic raids in wow as an example: there are 12 classes and 36 ish specs. In top world first clears do you think there are 20 different specs with 0 overlap? The answer is no. In Diablo for top clears are there any difference between group composition no. My point being if your going to be the best. You take the classes that are the best.

If your not pushing front page of the boards. Then this discussion is pointless. Because you have the freedom to play your way. The community does need to get over the meta or nothing mentality.

As far "6 person" goes. I would be happy with 5.

D3 has trading so as long as they stick to the same rules aka in game when item dropped 2 hour trade window etc. I'm fine with it.

Also r = are.
Our - doesn't have a shorthand.

The game is rates M for mature. So I'm pretty sure that is for 17+ years old. Your statement of being made for 3 years olds. Just doesn't apply to normal logic.

And last. Don't include me in your thinking of what everyone wants.
<sarcasm>
Always nice to see a poster than knows so clearly what "WE" all want.
</sarcasm>
Don't worry for D4: you just stay in town and buy clown cosmetics and Asian schoolgirl giggle emotes and dances and fantasy pets and portraits and giant lollipops.
D3>d2 in my opinion.

Itemization in d3 is not that bad. If you want to be the best in any game you have to follow a set way of playing. Let's use mythic raids in wow as an example: there are 12 classes and 36 ish specs. In top world first clears do you think there are 20 different specs with 0 overlap? The answer is no. In Diablo for top clears are there any difference between group composition no. My point being if your going to be the best. You take the classes that are the best.

[/quote]See that is not what Diablo is about. It isn't an MMO with static encounters where a large group has to coordinate actions. WoW is about timing cooldowns, optimizing rotation to pass dps checks etc.

Diablo is about building characters and slaying demons in a variety amount of ways. It doesn't have long raids, daily quests and material farming to fill up all that time. Its just demon slaying. Its a much shorter game that is done over and over again and you need different ways to do that to keep it entertaining.

Its hard - you gear up until it becomes some degree of easy - do it again with a different build. Its about building a character that makes the game easy. Its not about mythic dungeons. GR didn't really have a place in the game either for these reasons - same with paragon.
D4 needs to be to 2019 what D2 was in 2000. It needs to be more expansive, more ambitious, more immersive and deeper than anything the ARPG genre has ever tried before.

As we've seen anyone can make a D2 clone nowadays, it's not that special, heck D3 itself is basically a D2 clone with QoL improvements and shallow characterization, and that's why it's never going to be remembered in the same way as its predecessors, it didn't try.
12/11/2018 10:59 AMPosted by Soma

Yeah, Diablo 3 was so innovative.
12/11/2018 10:46 AMPosted by nvvr
D4 (if it ever happens) will literally be next generational.

A isometric action MMO seems more than likely.

Isometric MMOs have been a thing for ages. First was Ultima Online way back in 1997. Making a Diablo MMO seems completely pointless to me for a few reasons: 1) Blizzard doesn't want to compete with itself, already has WoW. 2) MMO market is oversaturated 3) Many Diablo players prefer single player mode.

Also to the OP I have zero interest in playing D2 with rifts and paragons. If they actually attempt a Diablo 4 I recommend moving as far away from D3 design as possible as the first step.
To be honest Rifts are not all that great.

I would rather that they go and take inspiration from the map system and atlas in path of exile. Maps where you know the tileset going in, but you can make things harder for better reward by adding affixes to the maps, while all the maps you run are interconnected with its own secondary overall story behind the existence of the maps and the entities seeking to control what is effectively gateways to other worlds.
I only disagree about Paragon.

Hum ...... to me, "Paragon" itself is not a bad idea. If you compare it carefully to PoE's "Passive Skill Tree", both systems have same primary gameplay -- Level Points to gain attributes. The only different/problem of Paragon system is the scale of contents inside. So my opinion is IMPROVE rather than REMOVE ^^.