Season 17 - Season of Nightmares?

General Discussion
Highly Rated
Season 17, have 0 set items drop seasonal, give everyone the Legacy of Nightmares buff.

...I'd say more but that's pretty much all that needs to be said on it.
I like this idea. I like it alot.
Would be an interesting Theme
i would love love LOVE this
I like it...but...

without a significant boost to the ancient drop rate waaaaaayy too many people are going to just drop off when they get the RNG weenie and can't get the pieces to make their build work.
it will be the most interesting season :) I like it! :D
i really like the idea but that would be pretty imbalanced between the classes

from a barb perspective there are less than a handful of skills we could use because we need buffs to almost all classitems:
all items for generators, boulder toss, avalanche, thorns, earthquake, rend, call of the ancients, revenge, overpower and even charge / ww are unplayable with LON (not talking about some weird t13 builds but pushing)
don't know about all classes but as a barb we would be stuck to LON Hota for pushing with pretty much no options
12/20/2018 07:29 AMPosted by Seamonster
I like it...but...

without a significant boost to the ancient drop rate waaaaaayy too many people are going to just drop off when they get the RNG weenie and can't get the pieces to make their build work.

yes, but also imagine the season awards being guaranteed ancient drops for your class. so at a minimum, everyone would have 6 ancient items. if they made one of those a weapon, so that DPS really accelerated, you could build from there through farming.

they could also adjust the seasonal ancient drop rate.

after reaching level 70 all drop items are 100% ancient

but ofcourse without set items drop, even without LoN drop

only LoN buff and only Ancient Legendary drop

and no Haedrig's Gift :P muhahaha >:D
Why not just let there be free LoN set buff, but still have other set items drop?

open up the ringslots would be great but they really should take the time on the next ptr to buff some unused nonset items to use with LON - there are not enough for every class available right now
I like it...but...

GOOD!. Diablo 3 is a joke right now. You can get fully leveled and have a complete end-game gear set in as little as a few hours of playing. Thats NOT how an ARPG should be.
and the drop are all ancient
12/20/2018 08:44 AMPosted by Evoportals
I like it...but...

GOOD!. Diablo 3 is a joke right now. You can get fully leveled and have a complete end-game gear set in as little as a few hours of playing. Thats NOT how an ARPG should be.

And why shouldn’t it?

How is D3 a joke? Yes you can level and “end game” gear set in a relatively short time. However you can’t be at the top tier in that time.

Many do not like the style of I need 400 hours+ to get whatever gear.

Many of us like the idea of being able to do the content and realize the grind associated with it.

So season of nightmares. Double elites from pylons. Double Arcare sentries from NPC. Double Poison pools. Now that would be season of nightmares.
If they increased the percent chance that an item rolls Ancient (through random drops, upgrading rare item and reforge legendary item in Kanai's Cube) a long with a seasonal buff like that I would be all in.

However the 750% damage increase per Ancient Legendary should be also buffed to 800% for the season to really make it worth it.

Wouldn't people be forced doing like 10 - 20 Greater Rift levels lower than they could normally push with Sets?
What, so everyone can roll a necro?

Do another legendary item buff pass before thinking about that, especially poor Meteor only wizards. Thanks.
Season of ‘Nightmares’... sounds good to me :)
12/20/2018 06:35 AMPosted by Wolfpax
Season 17, have 0 set items drop seasonal, give everyone the Legacy of Nightmares buff.

I would absolutely love it if this was the Season theme. It would definately make me play.
No Sets , All about LON that would be great
WRT increasing the ancient drop rate - they could make it inversely dependent on the numbrer of ancients on the account (stash + all seasonal inventories) so that people don't end the season with hundreds of ancients.

But really, just having the Haedrig's gifts be guaranteed ancients appropriate for the class would go a long way to help. And perhaps increase it to 3 per gift.
02/03/2019 05:54 PMPosted by Keyblade
12/20/2018 06:35 AMPosted by Wolfpax

I would absolutely love it if this was the Season theme. It would definately make me play.
No Sets , All about LON that would be great

Well, assuming you ever put together a build. If no sets dropped you'd spend a large part of your time in the low Torments waiting for Ancients.