Season 17 - Season of Nightmares?

General Discussion
This should really be default for LON anyways. The fact that you have to wear a set to get a set free bonus is just silly.
this would be awesome, but they need to buff certain items. right now, lon benefits classes that have +800% on multiple items for the same skill, aka Condemn. WD barrage has a few items that do this, but not to this level. if they buffed the DH impale quiver with +250% to impale or kridershot with +300% to elem arrow, or other similar buffs, then we can do this. otherwise, everyone is doing condamnsader
Damn, what a great idea!
02/11/2019 07:09 PMPosted by LordBondo
this would be awesome, but they need to buff certain items. right now, lon benefits classes that have +800% on multiple items for the same skill, aka Condemn. WD barrage has a few items that do this, but not to this level. if they buffed the DH impale quiver with +250% to impale or kridershot with +300% to elem arrow, or other similar buffs, then we can do this. otherwise, everyone is doing condamnsader

Ya exactly, I think this is a big problem with the math in Diablo in general. The scaling is so obscene, they've really pigeon-holed the design-space. There are a decent amount of skill options to choose from, but not nearly enough variety in gear to make all those options viable.

Like I always wanted to do frost wizard a Light of Grace and Blizzard and just be able to freeze anything that comes near me. And while I can viably make a T13 build that does that, I'm not really pushing much above that unless I do something a little more cookie-cutter.

I'd love to see more sets added to the game. Lower the piece requirements for all sets. Add pieces of gear that buff the lesser used / lesser known skills out there, heck maybe change the way certain skills work.

But I think a lot of these "ideas" are probably never going to make it into a 7 year old game that's receiving limited developer support.
I think it's more realistic to get seasons based on other rings, like unity or arc or maybe COE.

You can unlock a set and getting set items is easier than getting ancients. Even a few 2p or 4p bonuses will take you further than a few random ancients that may not even have your stats.
Remove the set dungeon and mastery reqs, replace with something appropriate (possibly something as easy as defeating Greed on t13 for one)...

Make sure not to run the set conquests... Replace Haedrig's with some generic ancient pieces announced ahead of time (aguilla's, leoric's, etc) so that people aren't stuck on t1 for weeks with bad rng.

And a buff (if only temporarily) to either LoN or the accompanying legendaries for underperforming LoN classes.

Season ladder would almost certainly be lower than other seasons but that wouldn't stop people from competing.
02/11/2019 09:18 PMPosted by Permajinxed
Remove the set dungeon and mastery reqs, replace with something appropriate (possibly something as easy as defeating Greed on t13 for one)...

Make sure not to run the set conquests... Replace Haedrig's with some generic ancient pieces announced ahead of time (aguilla's, leoric's, etc) so that people aren't stuck on t1 for weeks with bad rng.

And a buff (if only temporarily) to either LoN or the accompanying legendaries for underperforming LoN classes.

Season ladder would almost certainly be lower than other seasons but that wouldn't stop people from competing.

yes, I think straight LON progression would be too slow, but LON with buffs and Haedrig's ancients would probably work
I think this is a great idea, but one other thing they could maybe do next season is create new legendary items. It'd be nice to have new unique legendary bonuses.
02/21/2019 03:32 PMPosted by jkd
maybe do next season is create new legendary items.

omg dude im so superfckinmegaagree with you!
As long as they Buff the DH LoN, I'm all in.
02/06/2019 08:04 AMPosted by SeaBigBear
They would have to revamp the Seasonal Journey if they did that!

Na, they could make an impossibly hard LON set dungeon...
02/21/2019 05:27 PMPosted by Traveler
they could make an impossibly hard LON set dungeon

with supercool reward! yeah! :D
12/20/2018 06:35 AMPosted by Wolfpax
Season 17, have 0 set items drop seasonal, give everyone the Legacy of Nightmares buff.

...I'd say more but that's pretty much all that needs to be said on it.

Every fan of the franchise would support this.
Pretty good idea.
stash friendly.
i think i can make about 4 characters.
+1
Hmm. Fun to start but meta will be the same we moved from lon wd to lon wiz already
So sp lon wiz will still be the dps. Dh will be moved out and necro will be back for rgk. Monk and barb can still do what the do zdps
The biggest issue for me would be the fact that it's still just the same OP legs. WoL monk. Meteor Wiz. Garg WD. Multishot DH. The legs are just too powerful to be ignored. Do love the idea though. Will take longer than 3 days to get to end game and using odd ancients will make for some interesting progression.
02/21/2019 03:32 PMPosted by jkd
I think this is a great idea, but one other thing they could maybe do next season is create new legendary items. It'd be nice to have new unique legendary bonuses.

Would be nice to have some new legendaries, and while they are at it, the can add legendary effects to the legs that are STILL missing them (You know, kinda like they said they were going to do 5 years ago and never got around to it).
If you are looking to ensure I don't turn up during S17, then please implement this.
Pass. Horrible cuz lon works differently for each class. My favorite is DH and that would limit me to fok build. Also we would be doing grs a lot lower than we can in previous season. No one wants a step back. It would also need a ancient drop rate buff or it will take forever. It just needs to be active buff as you said while sets can still drop so you can get the ancients for it later on. All dh set multipliers are far greater than any lon build so doesnt really work well with that class. Others it works great. It would need some classes base skills buffed for that season to make it viable. Just my opinion.