Jade Doc question

Witch Doctor
I've never played Witch Doctor, but now Jade Doc seems to be quite powerful, so I think I'm gonna try it in S16.

My question, is compared to other builds that I've played and enjoy (Sunwuko WoL and DH MS), how does it perform in terms of:

1. Speedfarm (T13, gems and bounties)
2. Gameplay difficulty
3. Gearing difficulty
Jade is very fast if you know how to play it but it is a bit difficult to learn. The gear isn't particularly hard to get.
I got my jade quite easily. Kadala, cubing etc. Its just basically haunt everyone, locust everyone and soul harvest. T13 Malthael died within 10 secs when i was trying out the set for the first time
Is there even such thing as a difficult build in a game with 6 spells?
I used to main Jade.

Here are some insights:

Jade is not good for speed farming because you need to dot, dot, then proc. Basically, everyone else will kill things faster than you since they just attack and kill. Other classes are direct damage and range.

If you want to play a WD speed build than I would suggest something with Hex - Angry Chicken so you can beat the range classes to elites.

Difficulty? Probably, one of the most challenging builds to play. 10/10 compared to all other builds imo.

Gearing isn't that hard imo. Gearing is only problematic when you need very specific rolls such as Multishot DH where you need Disc secondaries.
01/04/2019 02:40 PMPosted by Voodoobox

Have you done anything over GR100 yet? Don't downplay difficulty if you're only doing easy content. I'm still trying to solo GR110 and YES that is very difficult for me. # of skills has no relevance to it.
01/04/2019 03:16 PMPosted by Fullbringer
01/04/2019 02:40 PMPosted by Voodoobox

Have you done anything over GR100 yet? Don't downplay difficulty if you're only doing easy content. I'm still trying to solo GR110 and YES that is very difficult for me. # of skills has no relevance to it.

Just because the number tuning is difficult doesn't make the rotation difficult. Technically every build is difficult if you are judging it based on how it performs against an arbitrary GR level. Lets not act like having to dps with 2 buttons is difficult and if it is for you then you definitely should stay away from the majority of games.
01/05/2019 10:17 PMPosted by Voodoobox

Just because the number tuning is difficult doesn't make the rotation difficult. Technically every build is difficult if you are judging it based on how it performs against an arbitrary GR level. Lets not act like having to dps with 2 buttons is difficult and if it is for you then you definitely should stay away from the majority of games.

Do you think Jade is based on a simple rotation that you just Locust Swarm, Haunt then Soul Harvest?

Do you know how to properly manage Spirit Walk, Soul Harvest, Piranhado and Horrify cooldowns with Grave Injustice taken into consideration to maximize your damage output and survivability?

GR level does matter because you won't learn how to play properly when you just one-shot everything with Soul Harvest and think "Jade is easy".
I am actually going to play and main jade this season. I played it before but nothing past T6 and was way back in season 4 or 5 somewhere... I always like the set but never really reached higher GR where I normally like to hang out. HC on top of it, Im going to learn this season.
This will be my first D3 season and my game plan is to be a Jade Doc as well.. It should very popular and looks like a very fun build.
I'm a returning player, and only had a Jade Doc when it was a Cold build. Now having watched Anthony Evan's youtube guides, I'm trying it out again, and find it REALLY FUN also REALLY HARD to get it right.
Mostly due to the elusive balance between CC positioning and harvest timing.
Especially when you group Elite mobs together with pranado, then spirit walk into the vortex to harvest but doesn't kill the Elites, now your cool down failed to proc, and you suddenly find your glass cannon a$$ stuck in the firing hole lacking an escape strategy.
Not knowing HOW MANY HAUNT to spam before Harvesting could be FATAL. Too many, your CC collapse and mobs scatter like skittles, One less, you reverse nuked yourself. But when you get it right, it's BOOOOM! Satisfying :D
01/16/2019 06:02 AMPosted by LOE
I'm a returning player, and only had a Jade Doc when it was a Cold build. Now having watched Anthony Evan's youtube guides, I'm trying it out again, and find it REALLY FUN also REALLY HARD to get it right.
Mostly due to the elusive balance between CC positioning and harvest timing.
Especially when you group Elite mobs together with pranado, then spirit walk into the vortex to harvest but doesn't kill the Elites, now your cool down failed to proc, and you suddenly find your glass cannon a$$ stuck in the firing hole lacking an escape strategy.
Not knowing HOW MANY HAUNT to spam before Harvesting could be FATAL. Too many, your CC collapse and mobs scatter like skittles, One less, you reverse nuked yourself. But when you get it right, it's BOOOOM! Satisfying :D

As a general rule, save your spirit walk for after the nuke.. in other words, dive into the packs walking towards it, even of you have to position yourself on the outter edges of the pack..

That spirit walk is crucial..