Is Zoltun Kulle right?

General Discussion
Hi after playing through the story, I have to admit...

I kind of like that guy that spoke out angels and demons. Zoltun Kulle. If you think about it...

1-Imperius is an idiot. He slayed Diablo, rather than capturing him. He also hates humanity. These are not the actions of a 'good guy'.

2-Maltheal proved in reapers of souls that angels can't be trusted. A lot of them would exterminate humanity if they had the chance.

3-It's almost as if it's not a bad thing that Adria's mechanisms set Diablo free, I mean let's face it the only good angels are Auriel and the fate angel (forget his name). And Tyreal of course though he's not an angel anymore. It would better to have Diablo free, and balance between good and evil maintained rather than being wiped out by Imperius who doesn't care about us mortals.

What do you think? Zoltun Kulle, our true hero?
He's our true hero for delivering us the Kanai cube and its recipes. May his ghost forever stand by our side and make sarcastic comments at our countless failed reforging attempts.
01/04/2019 03:33 PMPosted by Scythe
He's our true hero for delivering us the Kanai cube and its recipes. May his ghost forever stand by our side and make sarcastic comments at our countless failed reforging attempts.

Yeah I got this on my main recently, I don't know how to use it yet, was sad that this wasn't in the same story of the game.
Imperius hates humanity because of the half-demon in their ancestry. That's his primary concern: fighting evil, in whatever shape it takes.

Would we be any better to force our opinions on angels and demons by imprisoning or destroying them? Humans destroying angels is the same as angels destroying humans.
01/04/2019 02:48 PMPosted by Eliil
And Tyreal of course though he's not an angel anymore.

He still is an angel, just a mortal one.

The thing is, nothing is black and white. Not all angels are "good" in a traditional sense. Nor are all demons "evil". There's a lot of grey area in between.

Not sure about Kulle though, so far seems to be merely an overambitious git. But he does see through the propaganda of both sides.

I think the only ones with the really common good in mind are the priests of Rathma. They believe there must be a balance and they selflessly do whatever it takes to maintain it.
01/04/2019 03:45 PMPosted by Deruvia
Imperius hates humanity because of the half-demon in their ancestry. That's his primary concern: fighting evil, in whatever shape it takes.

Would we be any better to force our opinions on angels and demons by imprisoning or destroying them? Humans destroying angels is the same as angels destroying humans.

Depends if we are acting in self-defense or not.

Technically, from my point of view, Anu was the first being in the universe that had both good and evil in him before angels and demons existed, so doesn't that sort of make us...like Anu, the creator of the universe?
Yeah, he's a kulle guy.
I would have joined up with him if given the chance, but this game has no options for good or evil. He even warned us against Adria and Leah.
We would have ruled the universe!
01/04/2019 05:09 PMPosted by Shogun
I would have joined up with him if given the chance, but this game has no options for good or evil. He even warned us against Adria and Leah.
We would have ruled the universe!

I'm undecided about Diablo tbh, I'm not too sure whether Diablo is a necessary evil or not. I mean yeah Diablo has done some bad things, like the whole Tristram fiasco, but overall he seems a misunderstood guy...

Terror isn't always a bad thing, I mean fear can keep us safe...

Nah, he's just a power hungry fool that would've back stabbed the heroes in the end for ultimate power anyway and probably enslaved everyone in the process.
3-It's almost as if it's not a bad thing that Adria's mechanisms set Diablo free, I mean let's face it the only good angels are Auriel and the fate angel (forget his name). And Tyreal of course though he's not an angel anymore. It would better to have Diablo free, and balance between good and evil maintained rather than being wiped out by Imperius who doesn't care about us mortals.

You know there are more Angels in the High Heavens than the few individuals known as the ''Archangels'' , right ? How do you know all of them are bad(thousands).

Anyways this is a classic stockholm syndrome, the ''good'' guys are not perfect therefore that justifies what the ''!@#$%^-s'' are doing. No it wouldn't be better if Diablo is set free, there is no balance in the works of evil, pure destruction and perpetual darkness would be the fate humanity in Sanctuary, sounds great to you?

An ambitious power mongering wizard, the sanctuary equivalent of a hitler, or a mad dictator.
I remember playing the campaign for the first time and thinking "wtf now I have to kill him? Why?". Didn't make sense to me neither then nor now. And he was totally right telling the Nephalem he was only being used.
Well I mean, I agree completely that his visions were a lot better than most angels and of course demons, but also remember toward the end he basically wanted to make angels and demons humanity's play things and enslave them all and rule over them. Not exactly the most moral thing to do :P
Yeah, I think Kulle's outlook was right. Not to say he's a good guy, he just knows exactly what the angels and demons are doing.

The Nephalem and Sanctuary have always been pawns in the Eternal Conflict, and I think the prevailing attitude among both angels and demons has been to win no matter the cost to humanity. Angels and demons have already sparked a large-scale war in Sanctuary (The Sin War) which ended after a Nephalem defeated both angelic and demonic forces -- and the only way both the demons and angels could allow Sanctuary and humanity to continue existing was by limiting their powers using the Worldstone.

Plus Malthael is hardly the only angel to ever try and destroy humanity -- the Nephalem are as powerful as either the angels or demons and plenty of them view the birth of the Nephalem as blasphemy, contrary to the spirit of the Eternal Conflict.

Tyrael's a good guy, but it's a lot harder to say with all those other angels.
Zoltun Kule is very right. “Small minds small goals” = Activision.

Anyways this is a classic stockholm syndrome, the ''good'' guys are not perfect therefore that justifies what the ''!@#$%^-s'' are doing. No it wouldn't be better if Diablo is set free, there is no balance in the works of evil, pure destruction and perpetual darkness would be the fate humanity in Sanctuary, sounds great to you?

I don't think it's that black and white, technically the Prime Evils saved Sanctuary during the whole Ulydisian fiasco, when the angels were trying to wipe us all out years back, but the Prime Evils actually leaped to the mortal world's defense; now in fairness, they did have selfish reasons they wanted humanity to survive so that it could be twisted to their will and whatnot, but sometimes you do have to make deals with the devil to survive unfortunately.
01/05/2019 07:11 AMPosted by StuRedman
I remember playing the campaign for the first time and thinking "wtf now I have to kill him? Why?".

Same. I guess we were supposed to feel it was justified just because he has a goofy evil laugh or something...
01/04/2019 03:52 PMPosted by Kirottu
And Tyreal of course though he's not an angel anymore.

He still is an angel, just a mortal one.

The thing is, nothing is black and white. Not all angels are "good" in a traditional sense. Nor are all demons "evil". There's a lot of grey area in between.

Not sure about Kulle though, so far seems to be merely an overambitious git. But he does see through the propaganda of both sides.

I think the only ones with the really common good in mind are the priests of Rathma. They believe there must be a balance and they selflessly do whatever it takes to maintain it.

Necromancer sounds like an awesome class, I wish I could afford to buy one right now.
I love Kulle merely because he's voiced by Steve Blum. Though with every character he voices, I get those tones of Wolverine floating by.