Less Than 24 Hours now Before PoE Betrayal! Hype!

Games & Technology
12/07/2018 05:06 AMPosted by MadCow
all you fantrolls do realize Chris Wilson sold you all down the river right? It's no longer the sweet innocent "small indie dev from NZ" Some day Tencent will need more money from them and you all better be there with bells on.

cry for thing in future that not happen yet lol?
12/07/2018 04:59 AMPosted by Chipoodle
12/07/2018 03:40 AMPosted by MountainMan
It's always hilarious when PoS fanboys say, "But it's free!" and then immediately contradict themselves with, "So far, I've only bought [lists essential quality of life features without which the game is a chore to play]."

It's funny to see how the blizzfans now that are cornered as rats, defend their beloved game as if it were the last jewel in the crown. The only entertaining thing about Diablo 3 is its forum, it makes you laugh a few times.

Right... and that's why PoS fanboys troll the Diablo III forums begging us to play their game. Ha ha!
The PoE fanbois are out in force in this thread :D
12/07/2018 04:56 AMPosted by MountainMan
Super hyped. Set my alarm for a 5am wakeup :P

<span class="truncated">...</span>

I think what your missing is that people are happy to pay GGG for some post release quality of life stuff because of the huge amount of goodwill this company has built & the quality of the continuous content they feed into the game. I'm gleefully happy to hand over $60usd when the new league goes live for a new supporter pack.

Blizzard on the other hand tried to gouge cash with a real money auctionhouse & when asked for QoL microtransations - stashtabs, character slots, new classes etc - they dropped the ball.

If that's how you need to rationalize it.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

So, mandatory 60$ base game + 40$ RoS + 15$ necro = it's ok, guys, we have to pay for games.

But 20$ on QoL (at most, and even casual gamers don't even need it) + whatever you want to expend if you feel like it = rationalize the fact that it's not a P2W.

Maybe instead of telling people they rationalize you should reflect and see that what you are doing is to rage on the fact that other companies deliver what the customers request, but your beloved one doesn't, so you have the need for treading on what they do instead of demanding Blizzard to fix things.

It reminds me of people who wants other people to lose rights they don't have instead of fight to get them, and that's so sad, man.

SO sad.
If that's how you need to rationalize it.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

So, mandatory 60$ base game + 40$ RoS + 15$ necro = it's ok, guys, we have to pay for games.

But 20$ on QoL (at most, and even casual gamers don't even need it) + whatever you want to expend if you feel like it = rationalize the fact that it's not a P2W.

Maybe instead of telling people they rationalize you should reflect and see that what you are doing is to rage on the fact that other companies deliver what the customers request, but your beloved one doesn't, so you have the need for treading on what they do instead of demanding Blizzard to fix things.

It reminds me of people who wants other people to lose rights they don't have instead of fight to get them, and that's so sad, man.

SO sad.

THIS
i'm old ARPG player, (not my fav genre tho) i think most of the time i've spent on ARPG was titan quest (500+ hrs). diablo 3 was meh but i was playin' it casually untill all of this BS, which made me check POE and holy fck, is it great. it's like diablo 2 with much darker and grotesque stories than i've ever experienced, even tho i LOVED titan quest, i must say POE was even better than titan quest.

so MAYBE, just MAYBE, many guys here are just like me, always searching for something good in a genre they like and not "undercover" fanboys as some of you say. just wanted to share my two cents - POE is GOD level game with its complexity and similarity to old school ARPG's like diablo 2 and titan quest. after first 2 hrs into POE i totally recalled my childhood feelings as i was playin' titan quest and diablo back then. to whomever is doubting is it worth a try or not - IT IS! i can't even comprehend the levels of complexity and cool stuff with which it suprassed diablo 3 (or tbh almost every new arpg i've played so far).

not all of us are fanboys, POE is just good, simple as that. 20 hrs in so far and getting even more of it now that DLC comes out in 7-8 hrs.

also lemme get 1 thing straight, it's not f2p, it's just not. map stash tab and currency stash tab are must have if u want to enjoy playing and not spend 50% of the game hauling your !@#$ to mule characters -yeah it's playable that way but hell, it's like playing arpg only with mouse and clicking pots and skills with mouse, it's doable but noty :D. that'll cost you around 30-40$ but it's totally worth the price. other than this, maybe cards and essence tabs too but they're not as important as these two stash tabs.
Hyped!

Champion Impale build for league starter this time.
4h 20 min, arc witch here i come
I really want to D3 to be good but it's just not an ARPG.. Blizzard should take some notes on how GGG "listens" and puts out content.

PoE is gonna be more fun today than D3 has been in years :)
12/07/2018 06:40 AMPosted by eMeRGeD
I really want to D3 to be good but it's just not an ARPG..

you know when i felt like i was being cheated into believing that diablo 3 was arpg?! - when they didn't even bothered to give each weapon their skill animations and every weapon in game was just a stat stick. that hurt and made me play much less than i would.

after playing poe and using all kinds of different weapons (where bow feels like bow and two hander like two hander), i can't even get back to diablo 3's stat stick system now.

even today i'm amazed how blizzard to away with it.
12/07/2018 06:40 AMPosted by eMeRGeD
Blizzard should take some notes on how GGG "listens" and puts out content.

but....but....blizzard listens.....they just post it in a blue post :(
12/07/2018 06:00 AMPosted by Ayreon

That whooshing sound you hear is the point going over your head.

I could not care less that fanboys pay for PoS. I just find it ironic that they lecture us about how the game is free to play while telling us how they spent X amount of dollars on certain necessary features to make the game playable. Sure, like any "free to play" game, it's possible to play without spending a dime, but most people will find the experience so restrictive and unrewarding that they're not going to have much fun until they pony up a little cash.
12/07/2018 07:57 AMPosted by MountainMan

I could not care less that fanboys pay for PoS. I just find it ironic that they lecture us about how the game is free to play while telling us how they spent X amount of dollars on certain necessary features to make the game playable. Sure, like any "free to play" game, it's possible to play without spending a dime, but most people will find the experience so restrictive and unrewarding that they're not going to have much fun until they pony up a little cash.

what you paid isn't really necessary thing lol

Even if that was true (it's not) the reality is PoE is a much more enjoyable game even if you pay less money than you would D3 + RoS + Necromancer.
Some people like to support companies in exchange for new content and game supportability. The patches D3 has received since the necromancer came out can't even compete with a standard new league patch PoE recieves every 3-4 months.

I have played PoE for 5 years and I would say the only thing you really should get in the long run is some extra stash tabs. Thats nothing in price.
Pay same amount as the Necromancer DLC and you can keep on playing for a long time.

Overall I have spent less money on PoE then D3 + RoS.
Recently during the Immortal thing i decided to buy a supporter pack. Mostly cuz i wanted to support afrer 2k hours played.
Here's where I see the flaw in the logic of Free To Play being actually Free To Enjoy Fully. It's not to bash GGG either, since they obviously need revenue like any other company to survive.

I know were all being altruistic here donating money to that worthy company to insure that the game continues to exist. But lets be honest for a minute and look at the QoL and Cosmetics. If they were not compelling enough to purchase, how many players would really open their wallets for the sack of sending them money?

Now I certainly don't doubt that there are players purchasing the different levels of being a supporter out of good conscience. I doubt however the game stays afloat on good will.

Here's the part I don't fully grasp; people claiming how they been playing Diablo III for years and are cheated and betrayed. Diablo is a pay per release/expansion game. I get it, we want more, I know I do. We did however get what we paid for. To go back and say that company cheated us out of money is ridiculous. Crushed our hopes, mislead us about the future, that we can all agree on. It's as ridiculous as saying that PoE is a complete game without the MTX.
12/07/2018 08:37 AMPosted by Griff
Here's where I see the flaw in the logic of Free To Play being actually Free To Enjoy Fully. It's not to bash GGG either, since they obviously need revenue like any other company to survive.

I know were all being altruistic here donating money to that worthy company to insure that the game continues to exist. But lets be honest for a minute and look at the QoL and Cosmetics. If they were not compelling enough to purchase, how many players would really open their wallets for the sack of sending them money?

Now I certainly don't doubt that there are players purchasing the different levels of being a supporter out of good conscience. I doubt however the game stays afloat on good will.

Here's the part I don't fully grasp; people claiming how they been playing Diablo III for years and are cheated and betrayed. Diablo is a pay per release/expansion game. I get it, we want more, I know I do. We did however get what we paid for. To go back and say that company cheated us out of money is ridiculous. Crushed our hopes, mislead us about the future, that we can all agree on. It's as ridiculous as saying that PoE is a complete game without the MTX.

But you said it yourself. People payed for D3 already and now they don't wanna support it with content.
PoE on the other hand is continuosly growing in players and content. Isn't that proof that its working better then D3s system?
I'm not saying free2play is always a good model, but PoE has some of the most fair payment models and it obviously works for supporting the game with content.

I understand your logic on free2play games, some free 2 play games are locked behind stuff they want you to pay for. Very obvious in Mobas for example.
Then it feels like you only have acess to a small % of the game content.
But in PoEs case, you can enjoy the game like everyone else.
Is it really a big deal you don't have access to all the MTX visuals? They got no impact on the game.
Certain stash tabs you can live without aswell. I still dont own many tabs.

If the game is enjoyable paying 30$ for a supporter pack is nothing. You get some MTX visuals and enough ingame currency for extra tabs.
Its not a must have, but it helps if you plan to keep on playing.