Best way to get Forgotten Souls?

General Discussion
12/27/2018 09:42 AMPosted by nslay
I speed 90s and it's not more efficient than normal rifts for legendaries. I do not fill my stash as much as one T13 rift. I also have too many GR stones. I'm so glad they will go in materials tab.

Filling your stash with legendaries without saying how much time did you spend to fill it up is not the right metric for comparison.
12/27/2018 10:36 AMPosted by KeenDzaDza
12/27/2018 09:42 AMPosted by nslay
I speed 90s and it's not more efficient than normal rifts for legendaries. I do not fill my stash as much as one T13 rift. I also have too many GR stones. I'm so glad they will go in materials tab.

Filling your stash with legendaries without saying how much time did you spend to fill it up is not the right metric for comparison.

I don't see your numbers either. Have a taste of baseless matter-of-fact speech.

Meanwhile, while most players were playing with sets these past couple years, I have been reforging LoN builds 3-4 times over. I'm telling you with experience that T13 rifts are more efficient for legendary/forgotten soul farming than even high GRs. You can believe and do whatever you want. Doesn't make a difference to me.
12/27/2018 10:46 AMPosted by nslay
I'm telling you with experience that T13 rifts are more efficient for legendary/forgotten soul farming than even high GRs.

If you make a claim without evidence, it can be dismissed without any too. You're effectively saying "I'm right, trust me".
it's fairly well known doing speed GRs at the highest level you can complete them in 2-3 minutes will net the most legendaries per hour. The # of legendaries dropped caps around GR 90 if I'm not mistaken.

One popular misconception with newer players is that regular rifts is the best way to get legendaries. While not bad, GRs will net more per hour when running speeds.
12/27/2018 11:43 AMPosted by adamsz
it's fairly well known doing speed GRs at the highest level you can complete them in 2-3 minutes will net the most legendaries per hour. The # of legendaries dropped caps around GR 90 if I'm not mistaken.

One popular misconception with newer players is that regular rifts is the best way to get legendaries. While not bad, GRs will net more per hour when running speeds.
This has been confirmed by people better than us at this game. Speed GR's is where it's at.
12/27/2018 11:27 AMPosted by Meteorblade
I'm telling you with experience that T13 rifts are more efficient for legendary/forgotten soul farming than even high GRs.

If you make a claim without evidence, it can be dismissed without any too. You're effectively saying "I'm right, trust me".

That's completely fine by me. You can dismiss my claim. It doesn't matter to me. I only observe that I get to do more reforges in the same span of time than if I do speed GR 90. That's all that matters to me. I shared my personal experience, I'm not going to benchmark it with the rigor of science to provide evidence of my experience on the D3 forums.
12/27/2018 10:36 AMPosted by KeenDzaDza

I don't see your numbers either. Have a taste of baseless matter-of-fact speech.

Meanwhile, while most players were playing with sets these past couple years, I have been reforging LoN builds 3-4 times over. I'm telling you with experience that T13 rifts are more efficient for legendary/forgotten soul farming than even high GRs. You can believe and do whatever you want. Doesn't make a difference to me.

You have no idea how many forgotten souls I have spent to reforge items for my characters. You can get an educated guess looking at my profile.
I have some numbers for you. I ran 11 T13 rifts and 10 GR80 with my seasonal DH in fire multishot build.

T13: 11 rifts, time spent 54 minutes, legendaries found 72, I cleared some open maps fully in a few good rifts and opened most of the chest as you suggested. So rate is 80 legendaries per hour.
GR80: 10 rifts, time spent 48 minutes, legendaries found 93. So the rate is 116 legendaries per hour.

For both T13 rifts and GRs I started stopwatch when I start the GR and and stopped when I spoke with Orek in town to close the rift. So for GRs completion time shown by the game there is a ~30 seconds extra time to collect loot, upgrading gems and return to town.

For T13 rifts I used Avarice Band+Boon+Goldwrap, SoJ, Pride's Fall helm and RoRG + Gloves of Worship in cube. I can spam multishot almost forever.
For GRs full UE, Focus+Restraint and CoE + Visage of Gunes in cube. Stricken instead of Boon.
Nemesis braces for both GRs and T13 rfits.
12/27/2018 12:01 PMPosted by nslay
That's completely fine by me. You can dismiss my claim. It doesn't matter to me.
12/27/2018 10:35 PMPosted by KeenDzaDza
T13: 11 rifts, time spent 54 minutes, legendaries found 72, I cleared some open maps fully in a few good rifts and opened most of the chest as you suggested. So rate is 80 legendaries per hour.
GR80: 10 rifts, time spent 48 minutes, legendaries found 93. So the rate is 116 legendaries per hour.

So 116 / 80 = 1.45, i.e. running GR80s will get 45% more legendaries per hour than fully clearing T13 nephalem rifts. This is why evidence backed claims are more effective than "I'm right. Trust me!"
12/27/2018 10:58 PMPosted by Meteorblade
12/27/2018 12:01 PMPosted by nslay
That's completely fine by me. You can dismiss my claim. It doesn't matter to me.
12/27/2018 10:35 PMPosted by KeenDzaDza

So 116 / 80 = 1.45, i.e. running GR80s will get 45% more legendaries per hour than fully clearing T13 nephalem rifts. This is why evidence backed claims are more effective than "I'm right. Trust me!"
How dare you use facts to support an argument! It's like, you provide proof or something.
Playing WoL monk, I get +-200 legendaries per hour in t13 (solo), but roughly 280 legs per hour doing gr85 (1-1.5min clear). 10% of those are ancient so it's more forgotten souls, but I don't count time spent in town.
Now, in t13 I don't always take the time to pick up everything unlike in grifts, however t13 is the source of dbs that you can easily transform into forgotten souls (with a potential upgrade as a byproduct).
On the other end, grifts are self-contained, you don't have to tp to town to close the rift, it's easy to pick up all the loot and imo they are more fun to play. But they cost rift keys.

If you're looking for all kind of gear upgrades, I'd say t13 is better. If you're hard targetting fs for bounty mats reroll, and if keys are not a limitation, I'd go with gr - at least if you can do <2min gr80.
Assuming you do t13 in 1min average (+ 30s closing).