Why would u risk losing your fans during Xmas?

General Discussion
I think it’s better this way, honestly. No worrying about progress and leaderboards and having time to futz around with LoN and/or RoRG over the holidays.

It’s silly to start much of anything before or during the holidays anyway - that’s when most of your players are off doing other things.
The question I guess I'd ask myself is...

If they release it now and there are major bugs yet a lot of Blizzard will be out and working off skeleton crew mostly. Know this would you not complain about the bugs? Of course you would so there isn't anything that is going to make you happy.

Waiting allows them to get other possible major issues fixed during the holidays then release a new patch with full staffing levels after the holidays to handle the complaints about every little thing people don't like about the new update.
Risk losing your fans? What? How?

Diablo 3 is not a subscription based game or have micro-transaction that will "encourage" you to spend money on them during the holiday.

No reason why would they force themselves to release a content or anything for you guys as it has zero benefit for them, at least in revenue side.

Your complain would be valid had Diablo 3 has micro-transaction/lootbox model as the holiday is really a good time to squeeze money from the gamers.

Blizzard knows that and that is why they do that for Heroes of the Storm. More Christmas lootbox contents.
I thought they lost them at this year Blizzcon.
I still had a little bit of hope on them, but it is fading as we speak
12/07/2018 12:38 AMPosted by NINEGRAVES
12/06/2018 12:36 AMPosted by XelNagaIvan
I don't understand the the logic behind delaying the patch.

I do; that patch was not even planned aka got thrown out as "blizzcon disaster reparation patch" to calm things down a bit and now they cant get it ready in time without making sure there are no bugs/exploits/gamebreakers.

Thats the sole reason.

while we all think this, Blizz stated to streamers (rhykker) that this patch has been in the works for months (when it was announced in Nov). If this is true then it should be ready for an earlier launch, but if its like we think and a rush job then 1/11 makes sense.
They cant have it both ways.
I'm happy I can continue playing the season over the holidays. It will probably be the only time I can get to play for several months.

That being said, I don't understand why you are excited for the next season. There is pretty much no new content. Pretty much the only new things are the guaranteed RoRG bonus, and guaranteed primal, which has a low chance of actually being something good (which, btw, are not really exciting). Getting to GR70 will be easier, which I'd assume will make it so they make any conquests tied to GR level higher or do different conquests.

I'm disappointed there isn't really any new content, but not surprised.
12/07/2018 12:38 AMPosted by NINEGRAVES

I do; that patch was not even planned aka got thrown out as "blizzcon disaster reparation patch" to calm things down a bit and now they cant get it ready in time without making sure there are no bugs/exploits/gamebreakers.

Thats the sole reason.

while we all think this, Blizz stated to streamers (rhykker) that this patch has been in the works for months (when it was announced in Nov). If this is true then it should be ready for an earlier launch, but if its like we think and a rush job then 1/11 makes sense.
They cant have it both ways.

changing a few set bonuses to higher numbers doesnt take a few months.
Re balancing legendaries, sure. tweaking certain drop rates, ok. But for a set bonus, no way I can see them wasting a few months development time for such a mediocre patch.
{if.FirstGreaterRift70=true, then.DropPrimal, else.PoundSand}
There, done in 5 seconds. Pay me my subcontractor fee
12/06/2018 12:36 AMPosted by XelNagaIvan
I am excited about 2.6.4.

Why?