Why do you enjoy Diablo? (your feedback)

Console Discussion
Question: Why do you guys enjoy playing Diablo?

You can heck out my stream here: https://youtu.be/EO5qwZ8DJoA where I randomly talk about things that pop into my head. but it would be interesting to hear what you guys have to say.

Thinking about making a "why diablo fans enjoy diablo" style video and it would be great to highlight some of your feedback.
I've just started playing and its a good release of stress. Slaying demons, isn't they why we are all here? I really learned a lot this season since I just got into playing online with others. It really makes the game more fun.
I started on D2 so I guess since D3 is coming on console PS3 (at that time) why not... I played Necro(PVP only), Paladin & Amazon is my main overall.. well what a surprise when I played D3 first time but I kind of like DH so played everything & only on DH nothing else...

When ROS came out it is like a fresh breath of air because finally a crusader class but in all of my years/time playing crusader class 75% of the builds are never crusader type & from what I know Blizz hate DH & cru class, I can understand crusader class because really not the popular among classes but DH???

Overall I can never said D3 is a trash/worst game but I too cannot agreed it is a great game because there are no competition at that era.. whereas now players can choose

Hype over D4 not really if the original team remain sure I might have hope... even the guy who created all these patches/changes overtime at ROS left blizz this year 2018 which IMO is huge so the original team in D4 production has became less than 20% whereas the lead/main force is working on DI so what hope I have... sure there are always new designers/creator at D4 production but do they have the passion or knowledge in the first place

No offense even the some mods of D2 knows how to modify the wants & needs of D2 players... one example "path of diablo" I know he knows nuts about diablo lore or diablo but hell he sure modify a D2 brilliantly because he saw the flaws & potential of D2 (D2 is not perfect btw) so I expect this from D4 team a modify team LOL whereas wolcen they build NEW systems NEW skills tree (which I am impress because no one ever though of that yet) & they are less than 30(which increase a lot only in year 2018) manpower with no million $$ funds backing them, have to admit POE has a strong backing in funds :)
12/06/2018 03:45 AMPosted by Taetew
I've just started playing and its a good release of stress. Slaying demons, isn't they why we are all here? I really learned a lot this season since I just got into playing online with others. It really makes the game more fun.

Good form bud - thanks for sharing with us!

Indeed it's great to go slaying this time of year -especially with friends! What made you get into the online -just more to explore?
My brother lives in Vegas and im in Milwaukee, so it was really a way for us to play together. I accidently opened up a game to pubic and met some very cool friendly helpful people. That's probably why i started playing more online.
12/06/2018 03:54 AMPosted by Teresa
I started on D2 so I guess since D3 is coming on console PS3 (at that time) why not... I played Necro(PVP only), Paladin & Amazon is my main overall.. well what a surprise when I played D3 first time but I kind of like DH so played everything & only on DH nothing else...

When ROS came out it is like a fresh breath of air because finally a crusader class but in all of my years/time playing crusader class 75% of the builds are never crusader type & from what I know Blizz hate DH & cru class, I can understand crusader class because really not the popular among classes but DH???

Overall I can never said D3 is a trash/worst game but I too cannot agreed it is a great game because there are no competition at that era.. whereas now players can choose

Hype over D4 not really if the original team remain sure I might have hope... even the guy who created all these patches/changes overtime at ROS left blizz this year 2018 which IMO is huge so the original team in D4 production has became less than 20% whereas the lead/main force is working on DI so what hope I have... sure there are always new designers/creator at D4 production but do they have the passion or knowledge in the first place

No offense even the some mods of D2 knows how to modify the wants & needs of D2 players... one example "path of diablo" I know he knows nuts about diablo lore or diablo but hell he sure modify a D2 brilliantly because he saw the flaws & potential of D2 (D2 is not perfect btw) so I expect this from D4 team a modify team LOL whereas wolcen they build NEW systems NEW skills tree (which I am impress because no one ever though of that yet) & they are less than 30(which increase a lot only in year 2018) manpower with no million $$ funds backing them, have to admit POE has a strong backing in funds :)

Great insight thank you so much for sharing and I think you've made several interesting points!

What would you "expect" from Diablo 4 ideally? What aspects do you think should be saved and carried over and what things should be kicked to the side?

additionally - what is your stance on monetization? Any ideas about how DP's could profit while getting closer to the community?
12/06/2018 06:43 AMPosted by Taetew
My brother lives in Vegas and im in Milwaukee, so it was really a way for us to play together. I accidently opened up a game to pubic and met some very cool friendly helpful people. That's probably why i started playing more online.

Awesome to hear that you're able to connect with your bro like that. It's amazing how that accidental social thing works isn't it! Good luck on your adventures out there bud! - thanks again for sharing!

What the...

I'm in Milwaukee too

As for the topic, I've never played Diablo before so when 3 launched on the 360 back in 2012, I just had to try it. Currently playing on my X1.

Been hooked ever since.
Buttery smooth combat. It's deep enough for those looking to min/max but also casual enough for anyone to just pick up and play.

D3 is in my top 5 games. If I was stranded on an island, this would be a must have. Time goes so quickly when I'm playing. Just can't get enough.
12/06/2018 12:54 PMPosted by Nems1015

What the...

I'm in Milwaukee too

As for the topic, I've never played Diablo before so when 3 launched on the 360 back in 2012, I just had to try it. Currently playing on my X1.

Been hooked ever since.
Buttery smooth combat. It's deep enough for those looking to min/max but also casual enough for anyone to just pick up and play.

D3 is in my top 5 games. If I was stranded on an island, this would be a must have. Time goes so quickly when I'm playing. Just can't get enough.

Great feedback - thanks so much for sharing!

Sure you may not have a campfire made or shelter - buy hey, would would have one heck of a paragon level am I right? #worth it.
I play Diablo III for the same reason I played Diablo and Diablo II: mindless fun. Hundreds of hours of mindless fun, but mindless fun nonetheless.
12/06/2018 11:10 PMPosted by REDACT3D
12/06/2018 12:54 PMPosted by Nems1015

What the...

I'm in Milwaukee too

Been hooked ever since.

Sure you may not have a campfire made or shelter - buy hey, would would have one heck of a paragon level am I right? #worth it.

Lol, growing up in a military family, I'd make sure to have heat/shelter.

But yeah my paragon would be higher than it already is (just over 6k).
The top 5 games id take on that island would be Doom (BFG edition so it's really 3 games in one), D3, Call of Duty (probably blops3), Skyrim and either Mortal Kombat X or MVC: Infinite (to scratch that fighting itch).
I like it because it serves two purposes...if I have just a short time to play, I can just run a rift or two and enjoy it. If I have longer, I can play the campaign.

Either way, I can turn on a game and play without having to re-learn the keypad every time and I can adjust the difficulty to meet what I'm in the mood for.

This is really a good all-around game in its flexibility.
Nice Mortal Kombat and Milwaukee. I too am a big fan of the Mortal Kombat series, my friends always hate when I pick scorpion, I can chain so many teleports that it is so fast the screen cant keep up.

I'm always forced to play random character if they allow me to play mortal kombat with them. heheh

Get over here!

*Toasty!*

Me and Scorpion are responsible for 3 broken playstation controllers, 4 snes controllers. lol
Scorpion is my go to in MK since the original.

He's just too good

Among my other gaming posters and memoribilia, I have a giant MKX poster with Scorpion on it.

Still have my SNES hooked up to my tv, and a copy of MK3
^_^

Just picked up Super Mario All-Stars for my Snes last week at mega media xchange for 24 bucks

EDIT: just saw the MK11 trailer on youtube. Scorpion vs Raiden
Mindless fun as others have said, but as Teresa pointed out, there was no competition when the game game out. Now that I have PoE on console, it has really magnified to me how much D3 is lacking. I expect D4 to rectify everything that is wrong with D3.
I enjoy D3 as a way to lessen stress while playing on the Switch.
HULK SMASH!!!!

Seriously, that's what I like about it.

Weirdly, I got into this because my commute game (the game I play during my commute) was a fun, mindless mobile game (Eternium) whose forum folks compared it to Diablo 3. When Diablo 3 came out for Switch, I figured I'd try the real thing. It's totally perfect for what I wanted: a drop-in, drop-out game (no longterm narrative, no MMO world to trigger my OCD) with enough gear and build choices to allow me to experiment when I get bored and just enough sameness in the maps that I can play when the light changes (c.f., commute game, flashing sun glare, etc.)

I get why most Diablo fans are all pouty about Immortal being mobile, but I'm looking forward to it now that I've discovered the game!
12/07/2018 05:52 AMPosted by MountainMan
I play Diablo III for the same reason I played Diablo and Diablo II: mindless fun. Hundreds of hours of mindless fun, but mindless fun nonetheless.

Great to hear bud.

It's amazing when you look back at how much playtime we get eh? Nothing quite like sitting back and cruising dungeons for hours. What do you remember the most about playing diablo in the past or what direction would you like to see it go in the future?
12/07/2018 10:16 AMPosted by Nems1015
12/06/2018 11:10 PMPosted by REDACT3D

Lol, growing up in a military family, I'd make sure to have heat/shelter.

But yeah my paragon would be higher than it already is (just over 6k).
The top 5 games id take on that island would be Doom (BFG edition so it's really 3 games in one), D3, Call of Duty (probably blops3), Skyrim and either Mortal Kombat X or MVC: Infinite (to scratch that fighting itch).

True = if you can't survive = you can't play games! haha

What was it that kept you plowing to 6k - if you where trying to explain it to folks you found on that metaphorical island? Say they'd never heard of electronics or games. How would you explain the dedication it takes?

A good point that you require multiple styles of games to "scratch that itch" I'll add!

good stuff
12/07/2018 10:35 AMPosted by MojoD
I like it because it serves two purposes...if I have just a short time to play, I can just run a rift or two and enjoy it. If I have longer, I can play the campaign.

Either way, I can turn on a game and play without having to re-learn the keypad every time and I can adjust the difficulty to meet what I'm in the mood for.

This is really a good all-around game in its flexibility.

It's great that you point out the flexibility for available playtime. Even if you have a short while to play - you still feel like you are accomplishing something or heck at least having fun! If you could change anything - what would it be?

thanks for the feedback!
12/07/2018 10:43 AMPosted by Taetew
Nice Mortal Kombat and Milwaukee. I too am a big fan of the Mortal Kombat series, my friends always hate when I pick scorpion, I can chain so many teleports that it is so fast the screen cant keep up.

I'm always forced to play random character if they allow me to play mortal kombat with them. heheh

Get over here!

*Toasty!*

Me and Scorpion are responsible for 3 broken playstation controllers, 4 snes controllers. lol

~Raiden ... wins~