Why do you enjoy Diablo? (your feedback)

Console Discussion
12/07/2018 12:54 PMPosted by Smallville3
Mindless fun as others have said, but as Teresa pointed out, there was no competition when the game game out. Now that I have PoE on console, it has really magnified to me how much D3 is lacking. I expect D4 to rectify everyone that is wrong with D3.
I enjoy D3 as a way to lessen stress while playing on the Switch.

Great to hear what you have to say.

What do you think Path of Exile and Diablo got right? Can you point out a few things they got wrong? Basically - if this was your game, what would you do?
12/07/2018 06:32 PMPosted by h3idi9000
HULK SMASH!!!!

Seriously, that's what I like about it.

Weirdly, I got into this because my commute game (the game I play during my commute) was a fun, mindless mobile game (Eternium) whose forum folks compared it to Diablo 3. When Diablo 3 came out for Switch, I figured I'd try the real thing. It's totally perfect for what I wanted: a drop-in, drop-out game (no longterm narrative, no MMO world to trigger my OCD) with enough gear and build choices to allow me to experiment when I get bored and just enough sameness in the maps that I can play when the light changes (c.f., commute game, flashing sun glare, etc.)

I get why most Diablo fans are all pouty about Immortal being mobile, but I'm looking forward to it now that I've discovered the game!

Hey great to have you along with us!

Sometimes I wish that I didn't get motion sickness from using devices in vehicles (oddly enough VR doesn't phase me?) because I don't get to understand the problems that mobile gamers face from experience. But that's why its great to hear this feedback!

On the bright side - all the recent attention Diablo has gotten may help everyone see just how attached folks get to it! You play it long enough and you become diablo! (spoiler)
The few times I played with others, it was always about the wackiness you see with different character combinations. I'm not a HC Player so for us it was about the fun and laughs at what we do and see.

Other than that it's the style, the look, the characters and the endless armor & weapon combinations you get and want to try. The game is no overbearing in terms of bogging you down in areas...pretty simplistic compared to others with a higher learning curve...like maybe Warframe I play but once you get going it's not bad. Both have a degree where's it's all about numbers so you do have to give it some thought...not some mindless button smashing game.

I got it day one for the Xbox 360 and haven't looked back. But like others you feel like you reach a limit...like Stash...and new content is thin and some of that early magic is gone. Plus you have the 'Cheaters' that have infected the game which is shame because it would be so much better like other games to play with randoms for the fun of it...and in Warframe I can easily do that (PS4) without worry about "Cheaters"....
That the whole game is in Russian, really makes my day
12/09/2018 11:07 AMPosted by StayFrosty
That the whole game is in Russian, really makes my day

Hillary?
12/08/2018 06:20 AMPosted by BuzzZaw
The few times I played with others, it was always about the wackiness you see with different character combinations. I'm not a HC Player so for us it was about the fun and laughs at what we do and see.

Other than that it's the style, the look, the characters and the endless armor & weapon combinations you get and want to try. The game is no overbearing in terms of bogging you down in areas...pretty simplistic compared to others with a higher learning curve...like maybe Warframe I play but once you get going it's not bad. Both have a degree where's it's all about numbers so you do have to give it some thought...not some mindless button smashing game.

I got it day one for the Xbox 360 and haven't looked back. But like others you feel like you reach a limit...like Stash...and new content is thin and some of that early magic is gone. Plus you have the 'Cheaters' that have infected the game which is shame because it would be so much better like other games to play with randoms for the fun of it...and in Warframe I can easily do that (PS4) without worry about "Cheaters"....

Thanks so much for the feedback bud!

Aside from the cheating, what kinds of things would you have liked to see different? More end-game activities and just more of that 'level 1 -> veteran' feeling?