3) Significantly increased monsters spawn in Hell mode
4) Allow /player8 command for online play
5) All Hell bosses become much harder but drop better loot
6) Remove the safe spots at Mephisto
7) Introduce mobs which are immune to both magic and holy damage
8) Introduce cooldown on teleport skill
9) Majority elite unique items need to be revamp and boosted as they are crap
10) Show total MF in character sheet
Nice wish list - but does a wish list make sense when they didnt even announce a remaster ?
I think we're lucky to even see a patch with changes for next season. Abandon all hopes of a remaster, or a D4, the way things are going for ActiBlizz atm. All they wanna do now is make kiddy games for phones and milk money.
1) Significantly increase stash space
This could be useful yes, but some of the very important aspect of this game lies in the limitation

2) Shared stash among all characters in same account
Is largely tied to 1

3) Significantly increased monsters spawn in Hell mode
No reason for that, this is not Diablo 3, in Diablo 2 monsters actually kill you.

Not a chance, player command is there to emulate online play, not to change online play. Want the benefits of multiplayer, then play multiplayer

5) All Hell bosses become much harder but drop better loot
There's a 12% chance of all unique drops, similar to first drop. Given how easy they are to reach, this does seem fair. Thus this is not really necessary, loot-splosions is a D3 thing.

6) Remove the safe spots at Mephisto
You could, be it's a huge part of the gearing process. However I'd find it very likely with a new AI system, which I'd assume.

There's no holy type damage in D2. Only Fire, Cold, Lightning, Poison, Physical and Magic elements exists. With the latter two having no resistance options for players.

Teleport does have a cooldown, but for the sake of Sorceress movability it would not be fair to make it to extensive.

9) Majority elite unique items need to be revamp and boosted as they are crap
Some are pretty common and decent, but I agree that a tuning would be useful for some.

10) Show total MF in character sheet
This could be nice, same with other adventure affixes not listed. But I do not want a dps meter.
A few good ideas, but it looks like you want more of a D2-3 Hybrid of sorts instead of a D2 Remastered.
01/01/2019 07:45 AMPosted by NINEGRAVES
Nice wish list - but does a wish list make sense when they didnt even announce a remaster ?

Read this:
https://www.gamespot.com/articles/blizzard-looking-to-revive-these-classic-games-upd/1100-6431991/
My wishlist:

1) I never read about a D2 remaster again unless/until it's officially announced.
Only 1 for me:

Rune Gambling

Makes gold actually useful. Truly self-found high end character builds are much more possible for the average player.
Nobody is going to play D2 remaster simple because you have to run around with your inventory full of charms in a loot based game. This is easily the most moronic thing I have ever seen in a loot based game.
I only disagree with two suggestions

01/01/2019 06:56 AMPosted by fathom

I disagree. Make more dual damaging skills, make meteor and bone spear deal dual damage(fire/physical and magical/physical)

No, just make it have an casting delay just like Lighting Warp on Teleport https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Lightning_Warp

and more your invest into teleport, less delay. Cooldowns are an awful mechanic and should't exist... Cooldown is a mehcanic who makes no sense and started on mmorpgs. There are better ways to fix broken skills than forces the player to artificially wait for X seconds.

01/01/2019 02:15 PMPosted by Evoportals
Nobody is going to play D2 remaster simple because you have to run around with your inventory full of charms in a loot based game. This is easily the most moronic thing I have ever seen in a loot based game.

This is not an stupid idea. You sacrifice item slot for power. Is much better than having monks punches and necro minions scaling with weapon damage. This is the worst idea that i've saw in any game and makes zero sense.
No mention of Stamina - Run/Walk removal?

No mention of Auto Gold pickup?

QOL changes is all a Diablo 2 Remaster ever needs.

No, just make it have an casting delay just like Lighting Warp on Teleport https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Lightning_Warp

and more your invest into teleport, less delay. Cooldowns are an awful mechanic and should't exist... Cooldown is a mehcanic who makes no sense and started on mmorpgs. There are better ways to fix broken skills than forces the player to artificially wait for X seconds.

[/quote]Dude this doesn't make sense at all. A casting delay defeats the purpose of teleport. It is primarily an escape skill for a squishy class. Having to wait any amount of time before it happens completely negates that purpose.

How would that even work? You click teleport and are you immbolized until it is cast? Or are you able to keep moving?

What we don't want is teleport (restricted to one class without engima) to be something that allows one to completely ignore whole areas of the game and move twenty times faster to the boss than any other class. Cooldown is better for that. If you make it just cost a bunch of mana, you cannot use spells; if you give it a casting delay, its not worth using; if you give it cooldown, it functions well as a defensive movement ability but doesn't transport you from one end of the map to the other in a matter of seconds without engaging any enemies. At the very least, give it a charge function like monk's dashing strike (which I consider a cooldown). Or give it free charge every few seconds and outrageous mana cost (like 35% of mana) to use it off cooldown.

Just admit it - sometimes cooldowns are needed. I agree about D3 cooldowns being too long and used too often.

Replying to the OP

More stash, easy stash transfer.
Auto gold pick up
Stackable gems and runes and potions in inventory (or unlimited potion on cooldown makes the third irrelevant)
Cube recipes displayed in game.
Dedicated tab for charms but charms can also be stacked in the regular inventory.
Redone treasure class system.
Better use of energy. Dexterity and Strength contribute more to damage and attack/defense rating where applicable.
Rework of Run walk / stamina system. Don't have to get rid of it but if you keep it make walk speed way faster and have a short spirit available.

Those changes I consider to be very important quality of life changes without effecting the core of D2 experience. The last two or three could effect it a little but I see absolutely no reason for any of the others to be undone in a remaster.

There are some more controversial changes I'd like to see.

Make magic damage resistance affix more widely available (not just on the crafted safety shield).
Make damage and magic damage reduced by flat amount affixes much stronger.
Make deadly strike, crushing blow, and open wounds be actual affixes which can be found on magic and rare items.
Modify elemental damage on weapons by the %weapon damage of skills.
Modify all elemental damage based on energy.
Make more opportunities to reduce immunities.
Rebalance and add more proc affixes.
*Make attack rating effect spells* extremely controversial.
Add affixes which increase damage type by a percent mostly on caster weapons but some other slots as well.
01/01/2019 02:56 PMPosted by UngivenFame
How would that even work? You click teleport and are you immbolized until it is cast? Or are you able to keep moving?

Just like PoE skill that i've mentioned. Lightning Warp

01/01/2019 02:56 PMPosted by UngivenFame
ompletely ignore whole areas of the game and move twenty times faster to the boss than any other class. Cooldown is better for that. If you make it just cost a bunch of mana, you cannot use spells; if you give it a casting delay, its not worth using; if you give it cooldown, it functions well as a defensive movement ability but doesn't transport you from o

Again, see PoE Lightning Warp. If you combine with support gems, you can move pretty fast but can't move at insane speeds and skip everything like on D2. All movement skills on PoE are worth using.

Even a lv1 Lightning Warp without any support gem can be useful in certain situations.

Cooldown is a mechanic that makes no sense. You cast the spell X, can cast the spell A, the spell B(...) but why you need to wait to cast spell X again? Why i need to wait 45 sec to order my golem again? This makes no sense. There are better ways to have the game proper balanced that makes sense.

PS : One think that i liked D3 is that most classes have movement skills. Blood Rush is an amazing skill.
Well I haven't played PoE so I still have no idea. Are you stationary while you cast teleport or are you free to move? How long is the casting delay?

Cooldown makes as much sense as Casting delay. But ultimately, which is going to lead to better gameplay. If it took a second to cast teleport in D3, I never would have lived long enough to cast it.

I don't play necro and I don't know what ordering golem actually does so I don't know why you have to wait 45 seconds.

But what I can say is that casting spell X can be extremely tiring - so much so that you can't do it again immediately. But you still have a variety of other tasks (spells A and B) that you can do even being fatigued from having cast a powerful spell. I might have done a hundred squats and cannot even walk up stairs anymore but I can still lift my arm to pick up the remote and change the channel on the TV. It makes perfect damn sense and its better in certain aspects of the game.
If they do anything other than update the art and allow higher than 800x600 resolution I wont play it. D2 was my favorite game of all time and I still regularly spend time on it.

I dont trust the monkeys at current blizzard to make any changes for the better.
1) Significantly increase stash space
2) Shared stash among all characters in same account

Core Diablo Fans may not like my idea but I think it is fair to have a of character limit plus a large shared stash space per account like D3, if there will have D2 remaster :-)

My own version ^^ :-
Introduce online SSF mode and enable PlayerX command for this mode.
01/01/2019 02:33 PMPosted by DevilsD
No mention of Stamina - Run/Walk removal?

No mention of Auto Gold pickup?

QOL changes is all a Diablo 2 Remaster ever needs.

They need to add map reveal like every other game after diablo II. Not show monsters just the map you still gotta run and kill with that .0001% chance to get a decent item
01/01/2019 03:23 PMPosted by UngivenFame
Well I haven't played PoE so I still have no idea. Are you stationary while you cast teleport or are you free to move? How long is the casting delay?

Casting it is an instant effect, and you can move afterward. After casting, a short delay (<4 seconds and reduced as it levels up) then wherever you currently are you teleport to where you marked and deal lightning damage in a small aoe at your arrival point. There is no cooldown, and the delayed triggers overlap and run concurrently. (i.e. if you cast it multiple times in rapid succession, you will teleport to each marked location in order) Then, like all skills in poe, there are many ways to augment/alter how the skill is used through different linked support gems.

Honestly, when it is low level, most players prefer other movement skills for the escape use case, for precisely the reasons you mentioned. This is a decent compromise for being so strong of a movement skill for the skip geometry use case.
01/01/2019 03:12 PMPosted by L0rdV1ct0r
Cooldown is a mechanic that makes no sense. You cast the spell X, can cast the spell A, the spell B(...) but why you need to wait to cast spell X again? Why i need to wait 45 sec to order my golem again? This makes no sense. There are better ways to have the game proper balanced that makes sense.

To me, it depend on how it is presented to me ^^.

Let talk about traditional "Mana consumption skill" first, when I find a skill with supper power but require high Mana consumption, it makes no sense for me to wait and wait until I have enough Mana to reuse it at the beginning. However, if I have enough Mana Regeneration and/or Mana Leech, the story is different, it become a fun part of an ARPG game that "require me to solve some problems to unlock a supper power".

In contrast, if you imagine cooldown skill is a "Time consumption skill", "Coolddown Reduction" & "Reduce n sec Cooldown on Hit" are the same gameplay of "Mana Regeneration" and "Mana Leech".

So I don't hate Coolddown if and only if they can represent it well to me and become another fun part that "require me to solve some problems to unlock a supper power" like Mana system me :-)