Devs, see this please: LoN - Extra Power and QOL

General Discussion
Have you considered:
Make LoN a 1 item set.
Make it so that having just 1 of the LoN rings
is enough to activate the set bonuses.

Free up 1 ring space for the players wanting to run LoN builds.

It would be something different than just tweaking the numbers giving players extra choices by freeing up an extra ring slot.

Players utilizing the LoN build could then freely choose what extra ring to incorporate into their build.

Its a pretty easy fix and barely beyond the point of the extent at which the game currently is being altered during seasons, patches etc.

Altering this it could make the LoN build all the more interesting with more options as to how to run it, which kinda is the spirit of the set bonus to begin with.
Or another very viable option is to do as Kithelle wrote when Talking about LoN in: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/20770527283#post-4

"Posted by Kithelle
I'm in the camp of just having the non-set bonus being passive so long as you do NOT have an active set bonus. Requiring a set to not use sets is silly."

I for one very much agree, although I suppose that this option would require a bit more work from Devs & Programmers than what I was asking in this post originally. Therefore making itself a much less likely thing to happen IMO. =)
I think set bonus is better to check a set notes
01/02/2019 07:31 PMPosted by GeneralDecay
Or another very viable option is to do as Kithelle wrote when Talking about LoN in: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/20770527283#post-4

"Posted by Kithelle
I'm in the camp of just having the non-set bonus being passive so long as you do NOT have an active set bonus. Requiring a set to not use sets is silly."

I for one very much agree, although I suppose that this option would require a bit more work from Devs & Programmers than what I was asking in this post originally. Therefore making itself a much less likely thing to happen IMO. =)

you mean just buff all items by 750%? seriously part of the point of an rpg is making choices and having tradeoffs. i get this bonus but i lose this bonus. "gimme all the bonuses" is boring. granted this game isn't exactly an rpg but at least there's an attempt here.
01/03/2019 12:17 AMPosted by LordBondo
you mean just buff all items by 750%? seriously part of the point of an rpg is making choices and having tradeoffs. i get this bonus but i lose this bonus. "gimme all the bonuses" is boring. granted this game isn't exactly an rpg but at least there's an attempt here.

No, of course that's not what I mean.
Please read it again, and take the time to process the implications what you are reading before darting down a reply.

The tradeoff when running LoN is not being able to have any other active set bonuses.
I sure wasn't talking about changing that.
The Legacy of Nightmares (LoN) ring Set, The Wailing Host and The Litany of the Undaunted, are an interesting Set with an interesting bonus on their own, but players are looking for them to be a Band-Aid that represents build diversity, and as such, want the damage bonus of that ring Set to be on par with other actual class Sets.

Maybe that's the easy way to do it; make all other gear in the game relevant as long as it's not another Set, and as long as you have LoN equipped. But then what about the Sets crafted by the Blacksmith? What about Blackthorne's? What about other rings?

10,000% of something represents 100 times whatever that something is. If you have 100 pennies, 10,000% of that is $100. If you have a weapon that does 100 damage, 10,000% of that is 10,000 damage. So if the devs were to simply go through and add a [x100] multiplier to every damage number value on every item in the game that isn't a Set, we might have what we want accomplished with the LoN, but without having to use that ring set, whereas if we did use it, we would have a real reason to use something other than class Sets.

In the meantime, continuing to buff LoN isn't the answer.
01/03/2019 06:24 AMPosted by StoneCold
The Legacy of Nightmares (LoN) ring Set, The Wailing Host and The Litany of the Undaunted, are an interesting Set with an interesting bonus on their own, but players are looking for them to be a Band-Aid that represents build diversity, and as such, want the damage bonus of that ring Set to be on par with other actual class Sets.

Yes!
Why do you feel Class Sets have to be the ONLY viable option?

Maybe that's the easy way to do it; make all other gear in the game relevant as long as it's not another Set, and as long as you have LoN equipped. But then what about the Sets crafted by the Blacksmith? What about Blackthorne's? What about other rings?

Let's not get carried away here. We don't want to be asking too much.
However LoN doesn't make ALL gear relevant IMO.

10,000% of something represents 100 times whatever that something is. If you have 100 pennies, 10,000% of that is $100. If you have a weapon that does 100 damage, 10,000% of that is 10,000 damage. So if the devs were to simply go through and add a [x100] multiplier to every damage number value on every item in the game that isn't a Set, we might have what we want accomplished with the LoN, but without having to use that ring set, whereas if we did use it, we would have a real reason to use something other than class Sets.

Nah man, I don't think that would be a good solution.
Reason being everyone still uses some non set items on their character even when using class sets. And buffing every non set item would then pretty much screw everything up.
Not to mention when running RORG.

In the meantime, continuing to buff LoN isn't the answer.

It must at least be part of the answer, must it not?
Fiddling with the numbers is a big part of the game these days, and power creep is pretty much where it's at.
Right now its also a part of what keeps some of us coming back to play another season.