Darkening 2019 - Wirt's Leg issue

Bug Report
Prev 1 3 4 5 7 Next
01/06/2019 07:22 AMPosted by Bilbo6002
My goodness, the way some of you people gripe its like your life, job or finances depend on how this game works. It's a game. There's a bug. Its been reported. It'll be fixed.

It's 2019 now and, considering gaming companies' behaviour the past year this cannot be stated with any dose of certainty.

If its really that big of a deal to you that you have to come here and complain, maybe you should reevaluate your life and your priorities. Or at the very least, go play Mario with all the other kids in your grade.

Geesh

1. This is a paid product in a beloved franchise spanning over the course of multiple decades.
2. This is a recurring bug in a "20-year anniversary" event.

You might not care 'bout how Blizzard becomes year after year a rEAper-like company, many of us do, however. If you're so tired of this, grab a phone and wait for Diablo: Imposter instead.
01/04/2019 08:31 AMPosted by MissCheetah
Yes, it is bugged again this year on all platforms. *head desk* Blizzard is aware and this will go to QA today. I do not have an ETA on a fix though.

Blizzard did not fix it last year and will not fix it this year and will never fix it.

For Blizzard Diablo is dead. And the only way to make it immortal is to make a !@#$ing phone game out of it.

Don't wast your time waiting for Santa.
01/06/2019 08:03 AMPosted by morh
My goodness, the way some of you people gripe its like your life, job or finances depend on how this game works. It's a game. There's a bug. Its been reported. It'll be fixed.

It's 2019 now and, considering gaming companies' behaviour the past year this cannot be stated with any dose of certainty.

If its really that big of a deal to you that you have to come here and complain, maybe you should reevaluate your life and your priorities. Or at the very least, go play Mario with all the other kids in your grade.

Geesh

1. This is a paid product in a beloved franchise spanning over the course of multiple decades.
2. This is a recurring bug in a "20-year anniversary" event.

You might not care 'bout how Blizzard becomes year after year a rEAper-like company, many of us do, however. If you're so tired of this, grab a phone and wait for Diablo: Imposter instead.

You paid for this product with this specific event? To me, this is a bonus. But whatever. I guess it perspective. How many games and game companies charge 59.99 for their games and never do any updates at all. No content, barely any big fixes, nothing. Plus, you are griping about the ability to get an in-game pet. Wow, that's really a game changer isn't it.
You got the mushroom, which means the event works until at least level 9. You got the recipe, you crafted it. Sounds like for free content, they got a bunch right.
I doubt you work for a living, but I wonder what your response would be if you got this much right, and missed one minor piece.
I'm playing on Nintendo Switch and i can't get the map of the stars to drop i only get dust. I would really appreciate an ETA on this fix. This is not a good look for you Blizzard. Wasn't this a problem last year? When are you going to fix this?
01/06/2019 08:13 AMPosted by Bilbo6002

You paid for this product with this specific event? To me, this is a bonus. But whatever. I guess it perspective. How many games and game companies charge 59.99 for their games and never do any updates at all. No content, barely any big fixes, nothing. Plus, you are griping about the ability to get an in-game pet. Wow, that's really a game changer isn't it.

"Others are doing worse things, so let's applaud with our butt cheeks for the premium we're listening support."

You got the mushroom, which means the event works until at least level 9. You got the recipe, you crafted it.

What part of "it's a recurring bug with a on-time, temporary fix instead of a proper, permanent one" don't you get?

Sounds like for free content, they got a bunch right.

Sounds like it, doesn't it?

I doubt you work for a living, but I wonder what your response would be if you got this much right, and missed one minor piece.

Oh, snap! Now i'll retreat to my parents' basement where i treat that burn with a liter of cola.
I'm a 37-year old, full-time working (shocker, i know) lad who appreciates when he's treated honestly. Instead, Activision and the soon-to-be-nothing-but-a-memory Artist Formerly Known As Blizzard treat their customers like wallets. There's no symbiotic relationship any more, there's only satisfying the shareholders by cutting costs everywhere.
And what's that "got so much right" all about? Pixelate filter, 16 short "dungeon" levels made of reused D3 maps and mobs and a few transmogs? It's a 20-year anniversary event, that deserved much more care.

Now, time for my ignorant and proofless statement about you (i assume it's a custom these days):
i doubt you breathe for a living, but...
Same problem here... Any solution so far?
I am experiencing the same issue as well on PC and PS4 versions of the game. This issue has also happened last year and they didn't bother to fix it yet.
same here plz fix im on pc aswell
01/04/2019 10:18 AMPosted by Terminegro
Same problem, and i read this is not the first time you make this problem, Dear Blizzard.

Crafted for 1 million gold, blue quality, only arcane dust...c'mon.......move your brains and fix it....like the past years.................

Bruh, if you're worried about 1m gold, you need to play more. . I'm sitting on over 5b and change. Sack up and adventure
Having the same issue on Switch where Im getting a blue wirts leg.. If it gets fixed.. great! If not.. I end up not having a royal calf pet for my butcher pet to chop up and feed me later... And that is NOT okay... lol
01/06/2019 08:21 AMPosted by Tavic
I'm playing on Nintendo Switch and i can't get the map of the stars to drop i only get dust. I would really appreciate an ETA on this fix. This is not a good look for you Blizzard. Wasn't this a problem last year? When are you going to fix this?

Everyone on all platforms - do not craft the item until Blizzard fixes it for the event.

Yes, this is the same bug as last year. Apparently whatever they did last year to fix it was not permanent.

As for an ETA - as I said we don't have one. They only pay overtime/weekends when the game is totally broken and unplayable, so I don't expect anything until at least Monday in California.

Consoles may take longer than PC. Blizzard does not control the Console servers directly so has to pass the fix code off to each Console company. I don't know how long that process is.

They WILL fix it before the event ends though, that much is certain.

Of course, it should never have happened again this year. ಠ_ಠ
01/06/2019 09:59 AMPosted by MissCheetah

Everyone on all platforms - do not craft the item until Blizzard fixes it for the event.

[/quote]

What about those of us that have already crafted the blue wirts leg?
Hello, I am having the same issue. Blue item of wirt's leg that only produces arcane dust, no map of the stars. Please advise/fix/notify me.

Thank you.
01/06/2019 10:21 AMPosted by Matsushima
01/06/2019 09:59 AMPosted by MissCheetah

What about those of us that have already crafted the blue wirts leg?[/quote]

Blizzard does not offer any restorations for lost gold or materials. You will need to craft the item again after the fix is completed.

Why don't they restore gold? Well, Blizzard does not keep second by second logs of gameplay like they do for WoW. GMs can't see what you had for gold and what exactly you did with it. They can't restore things when they can't prove what happened (no logs). Blizzard did not make any tools for Support that lets Support interact with/create game items.

The only "restoration" of any kind in Diablo 3 is a full account rollback. That rolls the whole account back to a save point that was auto saved for you. It could be up to a week old so you lose any progress. You also only get three for the life of the account. You could roll back if you really want the gold, but I don't recommend it.
01/06/2019 10:21 AMPosted by Matsushima

What about those of us that have already crafted the blue wirts leg?

Most probably you'll have to recraft the item again after last year's fix gets reimplemented. Untill then simply ignore the recipe.
I play games to relax and have fun. I came to this forum to see if I was missing a step or if the issue really is a bug. What I got was two different forum threads with lots of nerd rage over nothing. I'm not suggesting that they should not fix it. Nor am I even saying it should have worked from the beginning.

The fact that you, and others have felt the need to resort to name calling and make comments about being treated honestly and not like wallets indicate you clearly have no appreciation for the nature of business. Of course they treat us like wallets. That's what customers are. Of course they are trying to satisfy their stockholders, that what corporations do. Frankly, I'm glad they are not paying overtime on a Sunday to address this issue and have complete faith that they will by close of business tomorrow.

Anyway, thank you for the entertainment. I'll share this post in my classes tomorrow. I'm sure my university students will get a kick out of the fact that it's not just the millennials that behave poorly on the internet. I just hope they will stop before 37.
Thanks for responding, I have everything on the Switch besides the Calf and am awaiting a response before I craft Wirts Leg. I'll be following this closely in anticipation. Thanks again :3
01/06/2019 11:44 AMPosted by Bilbo6002

Anyway, thank you for the entertainment. I'll share this post in my classes tomorrow. I'm sure my university students will get a kick out of the fact that it's not just the millennials that behave poorly on the internet. I just hope they will stop before 37.

I'm glad i made you smile
Sincerely,
Entitled, Toxic, Masculine, MountainDew-dependant, Uneducated Gamer.