Why are Jason Schreier words treated as facts?

General Discussion
Jason Schreier, the author of the famous Kotaku article of Fenris, the cancellation of King of the North 2nd expa, and so on.

Last time here: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/20770617045

Could it all Schreier says be true? Yes. But it can also be like the Allen Adham Diablo 4 video supposedly removed from Blizzcon that Blizzard themselves denied after Schreier's words or the million articles other people wrote stating that D4 was ready.

So please, Schreier words are not proofs of anything.
12/17/2018 06:58 AMPosted by Salzwer
Jason Schreier, the author of the famous Kotaku article of Fenris, the cancellation of King of the North 2nd expa, and so on.

Could it all Schreier says be true? Yes. But it can also be like the Allen Adham Diablo 4 video supposedly removed from Blizzcon that Blizzard themselves denied after Schreier's words or the million articles other people wrote stating that D4 was ready.

Although we do not know if everything stated is true, this article claims 11 current and former Blizzard employees as sources (presumably for different and potentially overlapping corroboration) and most of what is said makes sense.

Also Allen's denial was a corporate soft denial like the denial about the tweet for diablo switch and then subsequent claim that they had nothing to announce. Fast forward a bit, they announce Diablo for Switch.

P.S. Who stated that D4 was ready? Please provide a source for at least a couple of articles for the "millions" you claim that stated D4 was ready. The only articles that I have seen says it is underdevelopment. Considering your post casts doubts on the truthfulness of an article, it is weird to me that you make what appears clearly as a false statement.
Confirmation bias. Which doesn't mean he isn't probably right. Horrible double negative but you get the idea.
If what Jason said is true, Blizzard should have imploded yet I see more and more job postings about unannounced projects.

12/17/2018 07:13 AMPosted by Deathkiss
P.S. Who stated that D4 was ready?

Other shill media outlets tried to hype it for this Blizzcon.
It's Kotaku and should be treated with all the skepticism that garbage site deserves. There are YouTubers that report on video game news that are way more knowledgeable than anything you're gonna find on a shill site like Kotaku, Rock Paper Shotgun, Polygon, etc.
12/17/2018 07:33 AMPosted by naksiloth
If what Jason said is true, Blizzard should have imploded yet I see more and more job postings about unannounced projects.

P.S. Who stated that D4 was ready?

Other shill media outlets tried to hype it for this Blizzcon.
Could you link one of these "shill" sites who said it was ready? The only thing that I saw was that at most it would be announced and its release was still far off (late 2019 or 2020).
12/17/2018 08:08 AMPosted by Deathkiss
Could you link one of these "shill" sites who said it was ready?

There was a hype train before Blizzcon at a grand schedule. None of them said it's ready as far as I'm concerned. Only Kotaku tried to "I saw something but can't describe it fully" after Blizzcon though.
12/17/2018 08:12 AMPosted by naksiloth
12/17/2018 08:08 AMPosted by Deathkiss
Could you link one of these "shill" sites who said it was ready?

There was a hype train before Blizzcon at a grand schedule. None of them said it's ready as far as I'm concerned. Only Kotaku tried to "I saw something but can't describe it fully" after Blizzcon though.
There was a hype train about a D4 announcement at Blizzcon (which Nev tried to ratchet down). You are right that the claim that D4 was ready was utter nonsense consistent with the misinformation used to refute the kotaku article in the OP.
Jason Schreier's words are treated as facts because of his strong track record.

Remember when Fallout 76 released it's first teaser trailer on May 30? If not check it out here and see how much you can garner about the game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ye84Zrqndo

Here's a Jason Schreiner article from May 31 going through what the game is about from his sources, which turned out to be largely correct: https://www.kotaku.com.au/2018/05/sources-fallout-76-is-an-online-survival-rpg/

Want another example of his work? Check out his 2017 book Blood, Sweat, and Pixels which you can find here: https://www.amazon.com/Blood-Sweat-Pixels-Triumphant-Turbulent-ebook/dp/B01NAKSWW1/

In it he interviews developers to tell the behind-the-scenes story of the development of 10 games -- Pillars of Eternity, Uncharted 4, Stardew Valley, Diablo III, Halo Wars, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Shovel Knight, Destiny, The Witcher 3, and Star Wars 1313.

While most people who comment on games just react to press releases and announcements to provide their commentary, Jason is one of the few people who actually goes out there and gets new information.

The one example you cited about the Diablo 4 video was updated very quickly (next day?) with the correction that the video was made, but Blizzard disputes it was made for BlizzCon.
Because largely we do know it to be true, and it really fits well into the game strategy.

Diablo 3 was first in the works in 2002, first as an expansion, then as a new game. Doing the same with Diablo 4 makes perfect sense. The cancelation of the second expansion was confirmed long before, but this time we actually got a working title (which also happens to fit something said in an interview a long time ago).

It's a collection of pieces that just fits well into the known, as throws in some new stuff, which make it not only plausible, but probable. Add to that that the author actually does got some credits to his research of former entries in the gaming publicity.
Even MissCheeetah confirmed that there was enough information that she knew about in that article to make it believable. Not only that, but also the fact that Jason Schreier didn't sugarcoat the truth to make it seem more positive... it makes it even more believable.

The article is very well made and way too long to be clickbait. Clickbait articles are short and they go straight to the point, making sure to be as dramatic as possible or as shill as possible. Jason Schreier's article is too balanced to be clickbait.
This article exists because of Blizzards poor communication. The silence just leaves a vacuum for people for people to fill with rumor and suspicion that people take as fact - it does them no good. Better to just get your story out.

Having said that I do believe there is a lot credability to the article
12/17/2018 06:58 AMPosted by Salzwer

True,
at least this guy talks to the community. Yea, he doesn't work there.

But devs don't talk..and that is rude...
when they do talk..its PR-masked-talking.

its so insulting.
they act like were not-relevant and our opinions don't matter for making diablo 4 / encouraging d2 remaster.

they know all..they're blizz...but...the best diablo devs left over a decade ago...so they really don't know all...they just think they do.

Example?
Look at D3?
it obviously isn't this sweet game everyone can't get enough of...
so the proof is in their product(s) with ROS.
they aren't good. they don't know how to make a sweet diablo 2 like diablo game.
or they don't know how much we want d2 remaster at this point.

that's why the pr 'multiple projects' is insulting.
they've proved they don't know how to hit a home run.

but they act like they did, and can....without even asking and listening about diablo 1 n 2. or asking Brevik on stream how to make a good diablo game. or Matt u how to make a 20+ year masterpiece soundtrack? Cool voice acting? sound fx? everything D1n2 did better than D3 by far.
they don't do this because ...who knows.... ego?
gross devs!
Who cares. Don't worry yourself about it. None of this stuff is important at all. It is just a dumb game .

P.S. Who stated that D4 was ready? Please provide a source for at least a couple of articles for the "millions" you claim that stated D4 was ready. The only articles that I have seen says it is underdevelopment. Considering your post casts doubts on the truthfulness of an article, it is weird to me that you make what appears clearly as a false statement.

Calm down dude, I obviously meant that was ready for Blizzcon, not ready for release.
12/17/2018 12:59 PMPosted by Jinx
Jason Schreier's words are treated as facts because of his strong track record.

Remember when Fallout 76 released it's first teaser trailer on May 30? If not check it out here and see how much you can garner about the game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ye84Zrqndo

Here's a Jason Schreiner article from May 31 going through what the game is about from his sources, which turned out to be largely correct: https://www.kotaku.com.au/2018/05/sources-fallout-76-is-an-online-survival-rpg/

Want another example of his work? Check out his 2017 book Blood, Sweat, and Pixels which you can find here: https://www.amazon.com/Blood-Sweat-Pixels-Triumphant-Turbulent-ebook/dp/B01NAKSWW1/

In it he interviews developers to tell the behind-the-scenes story of the development of 10 games -- Pillars of Eternity, Uncharted 4, Stardew Valley, Diablo III, Halo Wars, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Shovel Knight, Destiny, The Witcher 3, and Star Wars 1313.

While most people who comment on games just react to press releases and announcements to provide their commentary, Jason is one of the few people who actually goes out there and gets new information.

The one example you cited about the Diablo 4 video was updated very quickly (next day?) with the correction that the video was made, but Blizzard disputes it was made for BlizzCon.
You playing the devil's advocate as usual. Listing his accurate claims but deliberately omitting the false ones.
12/18/2018 07:13 AMPosted by Salzwer
You playing the devil's advocate as usual. Listing his accurate claims but deliberately omitting the false ones.

What were the false ones?

I don't follow Destiny 2 but apparently he got a lot right about that game too: https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/456mdr/reminder_kotakujason_schreier_has_been_right/
12/18/2018 08:09 AMPosted by Jinx

Did Blizzard implode? Because latest HotS shift should've sign to that according to him but I keep seeing more job postings instead. Is that a sign of company implosion? While Jason is busy trying to cobble his "journalist article" from the pieces he read from 4chan, reddit and these forums; Acti-Blizz were busy selling more MTX, CoD:BlOps4 and WoW:BfA expansion.

Let's not forget him painting the Acti-Blizz in a morbid light; Blizzard being oppressed under the Activision's influence, which doesn't hold weight on its own as they're major shareholders and together in this business.

I'm totally leaving "Jason's Eleven" thing outta this, as it occurs he thinks he's in a Hollywood movie rather than real life. Yet, another thing is; none of the sane developers would call a financial triumph like D3 as a "failure". Even RoS sales were profitable for Blizzard, check '14 investor report.
And yet those undercover developers try to turn things around about D:I being a global game, despite it's simply made for China as it's outsourced to China. Something is off, here. Especially when Blizzard said Schreier is wrong, these rumors happened.

https://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/331242/Diablo_Immortal_exists_because_China_really_wants_it_says_Blizzard_dev.php
Hoaaaahhh... All hail media articles with anonymous videogame developers... Praiseeeee, praiiiisseeee.... Sorry you all just sound silly as this, you're giving him too much credit. As anyone can call one single ex-staff as "11 developers". Anyone can interview an anonymous developer as long as they say things that you wanna hear.

If you can prove that there's a huge implosion in Blizzard and D:I totally aimed to be a global product, I'll be here waiting. Wait... Hang on a second. You gonna quote Kotaku again?..
Where did Jason say Blizzard was imploding?
12/18/2018 08:09 AMPosted by Jinx
12/18/2018 07:13 AMPosted by Salzwer

I don't follow Destiny 2 but apparently he got a lot right about that game too: https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/456mdr/reminder_kotakujason_schreier_has_been_right/

I was going to paste a link but then realized I'm talking to a person that's writing at Diablo forums who supposedly knows everything about Jason Schreier except what he said about Diablo.

Trolling breaks the code of conduct.