Butterfly wings??...

General Discussion
12/19/2018 11:06 AMPosted by Pestilence
Tell me, lore wise, when Diablo killed all the butterflies? I mean he must have. Why else would it be odd for butterfly wings in the game?

They were the first victims. It is said that Diablo the great lord of terror saw them and thought to himself, "those are the biggest threat to my reign. Terror cannot exist as long at there are pretty things".

Chilling, really.
12/19/2018 05:52 AMPosted by Kyrios
Next season can we expect a rainbow banner that makes a rainbow trail behind us as we run?

Careful... firewalkers might just turn into RainbowWalkers
12/19/2018 06:27 AMPosted by SilverFox
Think back

Maghda blasts Deckard Cain butterflies.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbxEuy4pEM8

Oh my god! That sword needs to be salvaged! Since when did angels need a chance for all 3 followers to fight by their side?

EDIT: Oh apparently that one summons angelic assistance.
http://diablo.wikia.com/wiki/Skycutter

Cain died a butterfly death over that junk.
12/19/2018 08:08 AMPosted by Zeddicuus
They are cosmetic items that do nothing to enhance gameplay. I see no reason to not have them for those that enjoy these little things. They hurt no one and obviously take little time to create since the model already existed.

If you do not like them, do not wear them. Simple solution to a simple dilemma.

I think there is a middle ground between those who get annoyed by colorful shiny wings, even on other players and those who like and enjoy them:

Simply give us an option to hide the cosmetics from other players even when they have them equipped, so each individual player can decide for themself if they wanna see the wings of other players or not.
Its blizzard... you can expect these kinds of things from them in almost all of their games.
12/20/2018 07:07 AMPosted by clueso
12/19/2018 08:08 AMPosted by Zeddicuus
They are cosmetic items that do nothing to enhance gameplay. I see no reason to not have them for those that enjoy these little things. They hurt no one and obviously take little time to create since the model already existed.

If you do not like them, do not wear them. Simple solution to a simple dilemma.

I think there is a middle ground between those who get annoyed by colorful shiny wings, even on other players and those who like and enjoy them:

Simply give us an option to hide the cosmetics from other players even when they have them equipped, so each individual player can decide for themself if they wanna see the wings of other players or not.

So, how exactly would that work since you suggest a middle ground based on what a specific crowd may not like? For example, what if some people don't think transmogs are correct in the game to begin with? Should I really be able to carry a grey item and have it appear as an epic? Should I be able to ruin the appearance of a matched set, making it look like trash in someone else's opinion? What about those flaming shoes, won't you get burned wearing them?

Again, it's all a game. What's immersion breaking to one player is simply fun to another. Far easier to display tolerance than expect every player to have an option to turn off the choices of another player having fun.
12/19/2018 05:52 AMPosted by Kyrios
Im so confused... when did the dark game about hunting demons and the prime evils, turn into here are your butterfly wings for the season...??? Its like a bad dream... I always thought rainbow unicorn followers and prismatic swords were kind of a gimmick and joke, but a seasonal reward??? Next season can we expect a rainbow banner that makes a rainbow trail behind us as we run?

Tip- Make a witch doctor looking follower who goes to dead corpses and steals their heads, this is more in line with the diablo franchise of old...

It's a way for Blizzard to troll the community because we complained that Diablo3 was too colorful and the graphics appeared too "cartoonish". 6 and 1/2 years later, they have not discontinued this childish behavior.

Yes Blizzard, please fill your demon slaying game with rainbows and unicorns. Oh it's optional? Great, I won't use it. Except some other guy will and it will trigger me because

DIABLO IS NOT SUPPOSED TO HAVE RAINBOWS AND UNICORNS!

Oh don't play it then? Okay I won't.

Problem solved X)

*goes and plays better games where the devs dont troll their players*
12/21/2018 08:48 AMPosted by TardarSauce
Yes Blizzard, please fill your demon slaying game with rainbows and unicorns. Oh it's optional? Great, I won't use it. Except some other guy will and it will trigger me because
BRB, making male barbarian to wear nothing but a pink loincloth and butterfly wings, grouping only character.
I'm shocked they didn't go with mosquito wings, to signify that our feedback is just an irritating buzzing noise to them.
Never take any Nephilim Seriously that is wearing Butterfly Wings.
What if its a Bullet with Butterfly Wings?
Hey, some of the lady players out there may like em.
I want next season to have a little halo of baby purple unicorns that circles our characters head as the reward.
12/21/2018 11:38 AMPosted by Praylor
Never take any Nephilim Seriously that is wearing Butterfly Wings.

Careful, sometimes the sexiest heroes are the most deadly ;)

12/21/2018 01:37 PMPosted by kwittstruck
Hey, some of the lady players out there may like em.

I like them too, they just seem to be a good choice for already "colorful" classes like wizards. (They kick *** no matter what wings you put on them.)