Stop saying 'Unannounced Projects'

General Discussion
Highly Rated
These words mean absolutely nothing. EVERY game development studio has unannounced projects they are working on, otherwise their studio would be dead.

Whenever I hear these words spouted from your corporate mouthpieces, it only reinforces how out of touch with your customers you are. You really have nothing to say and are only making these statements to hopefully dissuade players from leaving for just a little while longer until you have something of any value to present to us.

This is not communication. Real communication is a two-way street that involves absorbing and directly responding to the thoughts and concerns of your customers.

For some reason I'm still hanging on to the hope that this company can turn itself around from the trends that started since the Activision merger, but the disastrous happenings of the last couple of months have seriously damaged the trust and respect that I once held for Blizzard.
12/13/2018 08:05 PMPosted by Plunkie
These words mean absolutely nothing. EVERY game development studio has unannounced projects they are working on, otherwise their studio would be dead.

Whenever I hear these words spouted from your corporate mouthpieces, it only reinforces how out of touch with your customers you are and how you really have nothing to say and are only making these statements to hopefully dissuade players from leaving for just a little while longer until you have something of any value to present to us.

This is not communication. Real communication is a two-way street that involves absorbing and directly responding to the thoughts and concerns of your customers.

For some reason I'm still hanging on to the hope that this company can turn itself around from the trends that started since the Activision merger, but the disastrous happenings of the last couple of months have seriously damaged the trust and respect that I once held for Blizzard.

Lets Hope they talk about Download-Content for Diablo Immortal or Diablo Immortal for Calculators :O Thats Dope.
You still have hopes? lol
GGG only has one game... Wolcen Studio only has one game...

While I agree that saying that doesn't tell us much about what those projects are, it's still better than not saying anything.

They told us they would reveal their projects throughout the year 2019, that's further commitment. Before they told us that we didn't even know if any of those projects were even close to be announced.

You can be angry that they are not telling you everything, but given Blizzard's track record as a secretive company, that's something you should've expected.
12/13/2018 08:41 PMPosted by Imperius
GGG only has one game... Wolcen Studio only has one game...

And do you believe that those companies aren't currently working on unannounced projects related to those titles? The word 'project' doesn't have to mean a new title.

They told us they would reveal their projects throughout the year 2019, that's further commitment. Before they told us that we didn't even know if any of those projects were even close to be announced.

And before that they told us that they had multiple reveals for the 2018 calendar year. They are quickly running out of time to make any additional announcement beside the very poorly handled reveal of D:I.
12/13/2018 08:37 PMPosted by Belzemuth
You still have hopes? lol

don't you guys have hopes?
Guys, I've got some unannounced projects in the works. I'm going to be doing the dishes tomorrow, and doing the laundry in a few days. I will also be going to the toilet at some point and releasing a Diablo Immortal.
Sounds about right. Precedence to me for just this year indicates that it's a load of bollocks - multiple unannounced projects for 2018, and D:I is the one that happened. Such encouragement. I would not nearly be so irritated if Blizzard didn't treat this in the corporate dribble way of waiting for people to ignore it as compared to acknowledging that they !@#$ed up and saying something of substance. Irritation - not surprised a bit.
12/14/2018 01:16 AMPosted by Ziegfried
Guys, I've got some unannounced projects in the works. I'm going to be doing the dishes tomorrow, and doing the laundry in a few days. I will also be going to the toilet at some point and releasing a Diablo Immortal.

I've got a HUGE diablo immortal cooking right now, the taco bell kind and I want you to all take comfort in knowing that multiple unannounced projects are in the works.

I might need to hire on 12 interns to keep my toilet in maintenance mode when I finally release this diablo immortal.
"Alexia..."
"Yes?"

Conclusion: Alexia is better at communication than blizzard.

The sentence has more meaning if you read the words around it as well.

We now have more live games and unannounced projects than at any point in the company’s history.

The meaning doesn't come from "unannounced projects" in isolation. It comes from having more than they've ever had at any point in the company's (long) history. That's what sets it apart from a blanket statement any company could make.
Lmao. They messed up. So they announced an unannounced project. I'm leaving the game world for a sec and recuperate from this logic.
12/14/2018 08:00 AMPosted by Voodoo
Lmao. They messed up. So they announced an unannounced project. I'm leaving the game world for a sec and recuperate from this logic.

They were saying things like this before BlizzCon.

Morhaime in August 2017: "In terms of new IP, our pipeline is in a better position than ever before in our history"

https://www.tweaktown.com/news/58676/blizzards-new-ip-pipeline-better-ever/index.html

On on Diablo specifically, they mentioned multiple Diablo projects back in August.

https://twitter.com/Diablo/status/1027193169094430720
I've got an unannounced project brewing right now. I plan to deliver it soon...
So many entitled people here. Is it any wonder why a lot of people that work at Blizzard find it stressing?
These words mean absolutely nothing.

"Son, you have been home all day and you haven't done your homework, your rooms a mess, the trash is full, the dogs pooped in the house, and the grass is ten feet high."

"Dad, I have multiple unannounced projects in the works!"

"Oh ok my bad son."
12/13/2018 08:41 PMPosted by Imperius

They told us they would reveal their projects throughout the year 2019, that's further commitment.

Yeah, Diablo GO hahah
Stop giving them the benefit of the doubt. This isn't the same blizzard of 15 years ago.
I still don’t believe that “projects” refers to games, especially in reference to Diablo. I think they are going to discus a Netflix show, maybe a comic or animated short or some other story content, and possibly something else that isn’t a game. Then at the next blizzcon, they announce...something.
The good side is we dont need to fear a Diablo Battle Royale incoming as they dont even know how to make a serious arena pvp for Diablo, let alone a Battle Royale mode.