Stop saying 'Unannounced Projects'

General Discussion
12/14/2018 11:02 AMPosted by BrownieMix
I still don’t believe that “projects” refers to games, especially in reference to Diablo. I think they are going to discus a Netflix show, maybe a comic or animated short or some other story content, and possibly something else that isn’t a game. Then at the next blizzcon, they announce...something.

I've been saying this for a while. the term "project" can be anything that is related to a particular franchise. Doesn't matter if it's made by Blizzard or a third party, so long as it's part of the franchise and endorsed by the IP owner.

As such, a book, smart phone cases with the Diablo logo, a t-shirt, beer mugs, stickers...anything could be deemed a "Diablo project."

Source: Diablo: Immortal is called a project and they're getting NetEase to develop it.
12/13/2018 08:05 PMPosted by Plunkie
These words mean absolutely nothing. EVERY game development studio has unannounced projects they are working on, otherwise their studio would be dead.

Whenever I hear these words spouted from your corporate mouthpieces, it only reinforces how out of touch with your customers you are. You really have nothing to say and are only making these statements to hopefully dissuade players from leaving for just a little while longer until you have something of any value to present to us.

This is not communication. Real communication is a two-way street that involves absorbing and directly responding to the thoughts and concerns of your customers.

For some reason I'm still hanging on to the hope that this company can turn itself around from the trends that started since the Activision merger, but the disastrous happenings of the last couple of months have seriously damaged the trust and respect that I once held for Blizzard.

I want you to know that blizzard has listened to you and committed to the maximum to match your prospects and that at the moment to several unannounced projects in progress.

kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk!

That's the maximum you'll get from Blizzard.
These words mean absolutely nothing. EVERY game development studio has unannounced projects they are working on, otherwise their studio would be dead.

Whenever I hear these words spouted from your corporate mouthpieces, it only reinforces how out of touch with your customers you are. You really have nothing to say and are only making these statements to hopefully dissuade players from leaving for just a little while longer until you have something of any value to present to us.

This is not communication. Real communication is a two-way street that involves absorbing and directly responding to the thoughts and concerns of your customers.

For some reason I'm still hanging on to the hope that this company can turn itself around from the trends that started since the Activision merger, but the disastrous happenings of the last couple of months have seriously damaged the trust and respect that I once held for Blizzard.

You should wait till Blizzcon 2019 so they can tell us all the unannounced projects they are working on for 2020.
12/14/2018 12:12 PMPosted by Zeddicuus
I still don’t believe that “projects” refers to games, especially in reference to Diablo. I think they are going to discus a Netflix show, maybe a comic or animated short or some other story content, and possibly something else that isn’t a game. Then at the next blizzcon, they announce...something.

I've been saying this for a while. the term "project" can be anything that is related to a particular franchise. Doesn't matter if it's made by Blizzard or a third party, so long as it's part of the franchise and endorsed by the IP owner.

As such, a book, smart phone cases with the Diablo logo, a t-shirt, beer mugs, stickers...anything could be deemed a "Diablo project."

Source: Diablo: Immortal is called a project and they're getting NetEase to develop it.

Couldn’t agree more, which makes all of this even more infuriating. They announce a game no one wants or expects, then they try to pacify us by saying, “We have all these unannounced projects for Diablo coming!” when in fact they know full well they won’t announce anything about an actual game until at least one year later.

Such utter PR nonsense.
12/14/2018 01:12 PMPosted by BrownieMix

Couldn’t agree more, which makes all of this even more infuriating. They announce a game no one wants or expects, then they try to pacify us by saying, “We have all these unannounced projects for Diablo coming!” when in fact they know full well they won’t announce anything about an actual game until at least one year later.

Such utter PR nonsense.

Try playing someonething else besides Blizzard games and broaden your horizons. You reek of someone that only plays Blizzard games.
These words mean absolutely nothing.

100%

F
I agree, stop with unannounced projects and bring back soon™! At least that one became a funny meme

Agree, as long they called UNANNOUNCED DIABLO PROJECTS as their next thing i doubt there will be a pc diablo games either d4 or expansion.
They should've called it UNANNOUNCED PC DIABLO PROJECT, no?
And honestly i don't give a damn about everything outside diablo pc.

They have talked about multiple Diablo projects for their diehard PC fans.

It'd be pretty weird if that didn't mean PC games.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOVfw5O5c1g&feature=youtu.be&t=497
So I guess they will need to find new words when Blizzard will talk about projects they can't give details about. They wouldn't want to upset the OP...

How about "mysterious mysteries" or "marvelous unknown things"?
12/14/2018 09:41 AMPosted by BaldursGate
So many entitled people here. Is it any wonder why a lot of people that work at Blizzard find it stressing?

THEY find it stressing?

How? In their ivory tower of denial and greed?

Try working a customer service related job where you have to take insults to the face for a wage that's 1/3rd of what they make and then I'll consider them being "stressed".

Seriously, CMs are meant to be "Community Managers". Instead, they respond to a few low-quality thread and then quickly hide away to prevent actual interaction.
12/15/2018 05:58 AMPosted by Hazare
12/14/2018 09:41 AMPosted by BaldursGate
So many entitled people here. Is it any wonder why a lot of people that work at Blizzard find it stressing?

THEY find it stressing?

How? In their ivory tower of denial and greed?

Try working a customer service related job where you have to take insults to the face for a wage that's 1/3rd of what they make and then I'll consider them being "stressed".

Seriously, CMs are meant to be "Community Managers". Instead, they respond to a few low-quality thread and then quickly hide away to prevent actual interaction.

Just reading that makes me want to become a CM for Blizz and ignore you.
12/15/2018 03:59 AMPosted by Jinx

Actual quote:
"For... uh... diehard PC fans... We will say though, we still have multiple Diablo teams working on multiple unannounced Diablo projects..."
Please pay attention how he didn't use PC and Diablo at the same sentence. I'm not talking out of context either. And no, do not try to quote Kotaku this time. That'd be doing yourself a favor for not sounding ridiculous.

It's also the same video where Allen said:
"we have MANY of our best developers working on new mobile titles across all of our IP´s"
And...
"Mobile gaming is coming close to the fidelity of PC games"
Would you believe they're working on anything Diablo on PC, instead of mobile IPs?

So naturally fans would like to hear a direct statement, where they use PC and Diablo words together in one sentence, without requiring them to do hoops through. We heard similar promises and wordplay at the Blizzcon front video where we got promises of "forges burning hot" with "multiple projects". Yet, we didn't hear anything yet.
This suspicion will keep lingering until they say a proper well thought sentence by sweeping doubts away.
12/15/2018 06:22 AMPosted by naksiloth
12/15/2018 03:59 AMPosted by Jinx

Actual quote:
"For... uh... diehard PC fans... We will say though, we still have multiple Diablo teams working on multiple unannounced Diablo projects..."
Please pay attention how he didn't use PC and Diablo at the same sentence. I'm not talking out of context either. And no, do not try to quote Kotaku this time. That'd be doing yourself a favor for not sounding ridiculous.

It's also the same video where Allen said:
"we have MANY of our best developers working on new mobile titles across all of our IP´s"
And...
"Mobile gaming is coming close to the fidelity of PC games"
Would you believe they're working on anything Diablo on PC, instead of mobile IPs?

So naturally fans would like to hear a direct statement, where they use PC and Diablo words together in one sentence, without requiring them to do hoops through. We heard similar promises and wordplay at the Blizzcon front video where we got promises of "forges burning hot" with "multiple projects". Yet, we didn't hear anything yet.
This suspicion will keep lingering until they say a proper well thought sentence by sweeping doubts away.

So you think he addressed PC fans directly just to pitch something that was for everyone else but PC fans.....

Sure buddy... Don't forget to use Scotch tape to keep that tin foil hat in place. Sorry for the little dig at you, but come on...
12/15/2018 06:26 AMPosted by Imperius
So you think he addressed PC fans directly just to pitch something that was for everyone else but PC fans.....

They're Blizzard, this can be pretty much about WoW either. Do you have any will left to believe them? That's the same Blizzard who told you forges are burning hot yet announced a single project for China. I don't need any tinfoil hat, nor have to lick their boots.
If you can point out a moment where they used PC or console with Diablo in the same sentence, I'd believe it. Otherwise nah.
12/15/2018 06:32 AMPosted by naksiloth

They're Blizzard, this can be pretty much about WoW either. Do you have any will left to believe them? That's the same Blizzard who told you forges are burning hot yet announced a single project for China. I don't need any tinfoil hat, nor have to lick their boots.
If you can point out a moment where they used PC or console with Diablo in the same sentence, I'd believe it. Otherwise nah.

So he specifies "Diablo project" but it's secretly a WoW project and you're the only one smart enough to see it? :O
12/15/2018 05:45 AMPosted by Imperius
So I guess they will need to find new words when Blizzard will talk about projects they can't give details about. They wouldn't want to upset the OP...

How about "mysterious mysteries" or "marvelous unknown things"?

It doesn't matter what new catchphrase they decide to use, they will all have the same meaning: nothing.

Also, think about what you just said - they need to find new ways to talk about things they can't talk about? How can any resulting 'communication' with that goal come across as anything but unsubstantial and disingenuous?
12/15/2018 06:55 AMPosted by Imperius
So he specifies "Diablo project" but it's secretly a WoW project and you're the only one smart enough to see it? :O

No, it's actually nothing. I'm not smart, you're naive enough to believe wordplay, buy buzzwords and nod to blanket terms. Find me one single phrase where they said "Diablo project at PC" without breaks, then I'll believe you. Their statement of not forgetting PC fans can be limited to WoW, OW or other games while Diablo teams keep playing deaf about the game franchise.

For all I care, a book, a movie or even a theatric performance or spelling bee cards can be a "project" for Diablo as it's a very wide blanket term to cover a large denote of planning.
I'm done believing them after realizing their Blizzcon front video was just a ruse to sell more tickets. Who can guarantee that this interview isn't filled with stunts and wordplay? They're both under an NDA, and can't even spell it out directly but can use words here and there.

When they say "multiple projects", it's actually one; when they said "forges are burning hot", it's for money of a single saturated market.
Help me here, I wanna decipher their obvious "buzzword" code and trying to tell you they're lying as always. Not put their or my own foot in my mouth. They have to quit using buzzwords and come clear. This entire thing means nothing to me and most fans. Normally we'd believe them, but not after this point.

is this sarcasm? Because they did precisely that with the Diablo Immortal announcement and the build up to it.
I see your "unannounced projects" Blizzard and raise you my "Homework that I totally did but my dog ate". See: I can do it too.

Saying "Unannounced projects" is like a school child hiding behind the "everything-proof shield!", because it's totally un-falsifiable (They could be paying rooms full of developers to blow bubbles with gum and still "technically" be telling the truth for all we know) and no matter what we say the response is "oh just wait and see!"