Stop saying 'Unannounced Projects'

General Discussion
I just dropped off an unannounced project in the bathroom.
12/15/2018 06:09 AMPosted by Imperius
Just reading that makes me want to become a CM for Blizz and ignore you.

If you ignored us, how would we tell any difference between you and the existing CMs?
12/13/2018 08:05 PMPosted by Plunkie
These words mean absolutely nothing. EVERY game development studio has unannounced projects they are working on, otherwise their studio would be dead.

And let's not forget that it was unannounced project failures such as Titan that lost Blizzard's senior management credibility with Kotick who is now exerting Activision's control over a weakened Blizzard.

I'm sure 90% at least of these 'unannounced' projects are pandering to Kotick's demand for more 'product' on lolmobile devices.
They are pulling all the talent off the stuff we love, and putting them on new projects to open our wallets.

I understand WHY they are doing it. It just feels like the wrong way to go about doing it.

If they pumped more effort and attention into their current games, the old Blizzard way, while working on new !@#$, we'd salivate and beg to throw our money at the new stuff.

Instead the last few years, they are doing the bare minimum (or not even that) on their keystone products, focusing on monetization schemes over fun content, and putting their (I guess limited) resources into unannounced projects.
You guys sound like stalkers.
She dumped you - accept it. Following her around and demanding that she change her mind is just creepy. You've been dumped.
Why the HELL would Blizzard waste time making another AAA game that net's $75 every ten years? They think they can get an audience of hundreds of millions of Chinese teenagers who will keep pumping DLC money into their pockets 24/7.
What do they want with you, you broke hoboes?
It is even more fanciful to suppose that there will be a D2 remaster.
There's even less money in that.
Blizzard is done with you. When are you going to wake up and be done with it?
You need to move on with your lives.
12/16/2018 07:56 AMPosted by Shoehorizon
Why the HELL would Blizzard waste time making another AAA game that net's $75 every ten years?

Because they still stand to sell millions of copies, make hundreds of millions of dollars, and regain the trust and respect of the initial player base that helped them become the company they are.

They think they can get an audience of hundreds of millions... who will keep pumping DLC money into their pockets 24/7.

I'm sure they can. I am definitely not part of that audience, and am using this forum that has been conveniently provided to me by Blizzard to tell them such.

You need to move on with your lives.

That's just the thing. Many of us already have. Those of us still posting here are attempting to help Blizzard understand what they can do to keep those of us who are still on the fence about leaving.
Their project is a Diablo PayPal app for quick one click Diablo Immortal game progression time speed ups or refills.

They will also announce that they have an HD remake of Diablo 2 but they are working on it cause just updating D2 isn’t what we want so they are changing everything cause that’s what we want.
12/15/2018 03:59 AMPosted by Jinx
12/14/2018 11:02 AMPosted by BrownieMix
I still don’t believe that “projects” refers to games, especially in reference to Diablo. I think they are going to discus a Netflix show, maybe a comic or animated short or some other story content, and possibly something else that isn’t a game. Then at the next blizzcon, they announce...something.

They have talked about multiple Diablo projects for their diehard PC fans.

It'd be pretty weird if that didn't mean PC games.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOVfw5O5c1g&feature=youtu.be&t=497

They also expected D:I to be a huge hit with their existing PC audience. That was pretty weird too.
12/15/2018 02:42 PMPosted by Jinx
12/15/2018 06:22 AMPosted by naksiloth
Actual quote:
"For... uh... diehard PC fans... We will say though, we still have multiple Diablo teams working on multiple unannounced Diablo projects..."
Please pay attention how he didn't use PC and Diablo at the same sentence. I'm not talking out of context either. And no, do not try to quote Kotaku this time. That'd be doing yourself a favor for not sounding ridiculous.

Sorry but this is ridiculous.

He says "For our diehard PC fans, we will say though, we still have multiple Diablo teams working on multiple unannounced Diablo projects, so we haven't forgtten about them, the future is bright, stay tuned."

Your argument is that he's actually speaking in broken sentences. You're basically arguing that he said "For our diehard PC fans." then stops, and the next words are completely unrelated. Oh and also the words at the end "we haven't forgotten about them" are completely unrelated to the words beforehand.

I don't care if you don't believe what he says, but to interpret it the way you have is totally crazy.

"For our diehard PC fans, we will say though: We still have multiple Diablo teams working on multiple unannounced projects"
Don't think it's that riddiculous to understand it this way. On the contrary, this ^ is the way it was meant to be understood every other time they used this phrase.

Also, the part about "not having forgotten about them" does not inspire confidence. Why should it? They thought D:I was a huge announcement for their core audience.
12/17/2018 01:32 PMPosted by Lubolly
They also expected D:I to be a huge hit with their existing PC audience. That was pretty weird too.

I'll be away from my gaming PC for 11 days as I visit family interstate this holiday season. It'd be nice to have a decent game to play on my phone. :)

12/17/2018 01:44 PMPosted by Lubolly
Also, the part about "not having forgotten about them" does not inspire confidence. Why should it? They thought D:I was a huge announcement for their core audience.

I think they thought "you guys love Diablo? Now you can play it anywhere!" would go over well, which it probably would have if they had announced a PC game at the same time.
12/15/2018 03:29 PMPosted by Hypersonic
In the context of the PR disaster at BlizzCon, using "multiple projects" was basically one of their very few short response to the fans. This is clearly inadequate.

Yes, people clearly want more information.

The actual phrasing (unannounced Diablo project, multiple Diablo projects) was used before BlizzCon (this is from August): https://www.ign.com/articles/2018/08/08/blizzard-has-multiple-diablo-projects-in-the-works

All they did at BlizzCon is clarify that after announcing D3 on the Switch and Diablo: Immortal they still have multiple unannounced Diablo projects.

We don't doubt that. We are worried about the nature of those "projects", since they neither specified them to be games, nor PC-related.
12/17/2018 01:47 PMPosted by Jinx
12/17/2018 01:32 PMPosted by Lubolly

I'll be away from my gaming PC for 11 days as I visit family interstate this holiday season. It'd be nice to have a decent game to play on my phone. :)

12/17/2018 01:44 PMPosted by Lubolly

I think they thought "you guys love Diablo? Now you can play it anywhere!" would go over well, which it probably would have if they had announced a PC game at the same time.

Get a Switch. Cheaper than a high end phone and way more quality non MTX games.
I really dislike "Diablo Experience that you can be proud of". Notice they don't say PC games.

Makes me look forward to Diablo Immortal Toilet paper. I'd be proud to use that.
12/13/2018 08:05 PMPosted by Plunkie
These words mean absolutely nothing. EVERY game development studio has unannounced projects they are working on, otherwise their studio would be dead.

Whenever I hear these words spouted from your corporate mouthpieces, it only reinforces how out of touch with your customers you are. You really have nothing to say and are only making these statements to hopefully dissuade players from leaving for just a little while longer until you have something of any value to present to us.

This is not communication. Real communication is a two-way street that involves absorbing and directly responding to the thoughts and concerns of your customers.

For some reason I'm still hanging on to the hope that this company can turn itself around from the trends that started since the Activision merger, but the disastrous happenings of the last couple of months have seriously damaged the trust and respect that I once held for Blizzard.
+50
"unannounced projs...for multiple platforms...by multiple people...for multiple reasons...that are dated to 2002ish...on how we think us as devs at blizzard are so above the gamer that we cannot reveal realeases until demo ready. Even though we dropped the ball hard with Diablo 3...so the community has given up / is desparate (depending on how long you can take Diablo 3)...so its incredibly-obvious most want Diablo 2 remastered or D2-like diablo 4...or best of all...

Diablo 2 conversations...now...soon...this winter...
Why Can't you adam...wyatt...other-devs….talk about Diablo 2...for real?
We'd like that over anything else right now.
We don't want to hear PR talk...its insulting just like not-talking-about-Diablo 2, like Brevik n his buddies ( and you guys too) did some abysmal job w D2 or something? The opposite is true.

Say "hey guys...look...diablo 3 isn't that sweet of a game...we are able to own that...and not deny it...and want your respect as gamers. therefore...we will talk about what brevik n matt u (and some of us) made....openly...lets analyze Diablo 2. Lets analyze Diablo 3...and some Diablo 1.

Compare those games and talk...on forums...reddit...youtube…

Why can't Adam n Wyatt go on youtube and say "Hey folks (adam and wyatt here)...heres a 20 min video about what we think stays and goes from Diablo 2 moving forward...what do you all think? We are open to including game-aspects we may not like...but you may. We are open to involving you as players in Diablo 4's development...because...after all...you are the ones who matter-most on this project.

Over Diablo 4 announcement...I think the majority of diablo fans would like to be asked / heard / involved in what diablo 1 2 and 3 stuff gets in and gets out of diablo 4.

Why?
We are left completely hoping that you devs understand what WE want out of the game..without you guys asking us about Diablo 1 and 2. Politely, This is AWFUL!

Is the super-gothic and adult-targeted (brevik or Schaefer I think did it) voice acting like the slain-townsman who says "uhh...aa...aavenge meee" in Diablo 1 getting into D4? Or are we going to have Diablo 3 style "deckard was my uncle...uncle deckard". Make sense the gigantic difference here? Ask the community to know what we want my gosh.

You never do...you avoid talking about it...and its SO offputing. It really is insulting to brevik and his buddies...you can't even talk about that masterpiece? I am sorry for saying the obvious. Yes...D2 has huge probs...so does D3..and A LOT more.

Lets fix it as a team...devs + loyal fans.

You think you can predict what we want?
how about asking...so there is no prediction?

Its like we are sitting here begging to be asked...and it sucks. Sorry it does.
Ask us about diablo 2...and LISTEN...and talk about it.
its insulting that you have not openly compared D1 2 and 3...without a Diablo 3-guard.
Here, corpse fetch, its critical for Diablo 4 to be-fun...D2's gothic art...not "dark"...but gothic...realistic..cool...beyond-cool...its not 'dark". there is so much listening that has to be done on your part and you don't even ask to get the ball rolling.

Nobody has confidence you guys can read our minds on what made Diablo 2 fun for US, not what you think made diablo 2 fun for us. Example..look at Diablo 3 and no-tal-rasha-quest but instead...rifts on level-1-70 and everything wrong with it. No level-1 unique items that are awesome and rare...etc etc etc. there's like 50 of these things to talk about. That's what happens when you "leeroy-jenkins-it" like you did with diablo 3...im sorry but its so true. Who says every char should have male and female? Why not make the classes have one-gender? does more options mean better? NO. it does not. you have to ask to get feedback.

that diablo 2 v diablo 3 conversation...with intent to listen...is more valuable than Diablo 4 release on your own, one-sided development.

Give us a Diablo 1 2 and 3 comparison talk...or many...
if not...give us Diablo 2 remaster.
please do not not-involve the community on diablo 4...and risk the game not-hitting the homeruns we want from all 3 games...it takes effort and time to listen and compare the three games with us...so why not? Rather have you delay release by a week to have a week long discussion with everyone on the internet...we matter...and know what we want out of your game.

the worst thing you can do is what you have done.
literally...ignore real open talk about the franchise and its future development.
why cant we have a youtube video...a reddit thread...that you guys read all the time and convey you have read it with examples? Can't the gamers get-in on developing Diablo 4? Or hearing about Diablo 2 remaster if its happening or not?

Why do you have to be so 'above us' and say "multiple projs multiple PR talk for..politely...arrogant-reasons"? its like you asking us a question and we all reply "im sorry devs...we have multiple games with multiple people slaying multiple mobs...that's all I can say...sorry". how would you like that? you wouldn't..you'd feel "wow these players think they are above us and not on our level..as passionate diablo fans."
ill stop here.

its redic, absurd, insulting, and discouraging for diablo's future. talk about diablo 2 and what brevik and them did. better yet, please offer Brevik the diablo 4 job. If money matters...for what its worth...i'd pay at least 200 dollars for a brevik-schaefer-matt-u made diablo 4...and at least 200 for a diablo 2 remake with an item-balance patch down the line.

yea were passionate like you said...but passionate for a brevik-diablo-4 or a d2 remaster. we are not passionate 'just for killing monsters and getting loot'. please and thank you.