Legendary potions removed from inventory question

General Discussion
Will these act like pets where they are account-wide or do you need to find them per hero and set them to the potion slot.

Also, for the potions with a variant stat, is that being replaced with the max value or do we keep farming potions until we actually find one with the highest stat?
You have to find the potions per hero and at the least have it in that hero's inventory bag.

There are currently no primal versions of the potions. You'll have to keep farming until you find one with the best or closest to best stat.
01/02/2019 07:20 PMPosted by cyclOne
You have to find the potions per hero and at the least have it in that hero's inventory bag.

There are currently no primal versions of the potions. You'll have to keep farming until you find one with the best or closest to best stat.

I think you misunderstood or I was unclear.

"Quality of Life Changes
Thanks to player feedback, we’ve focused on a couple of frequently requested changes to improve the overall Diablo experience. This includes minor changes, such as removing Legendary potions from player inventories so that they no longer take up space, but also more significant changes to celebrating end-game loot in Primal Legendaries."

We won't be able to keep these in our inventory anymore. I was wondering how exactly that's going to work out. It seems a little vague the way it's described.
Actually, same answer. No different as today. Just the potion don't occupy a slot in the inventory. The potion slot on the skill bar becomes part of the inventory, of course can only hold one potion.
Like today, you only have 1 potion, and to use it that hero has to have it in its inventory.

So if you want to use it on a different character, you have to move the potion from the inventory to the stash, then pick it up with the other character.

The only change is that potion is now held on the UI bar, and not in the inventory.
^^ Good Grief.

Starting with Season 16 potions will no longer be kept in each character's backpack - the character inventory.

All potions will be kept in the account wide stash, and in order to equip those for each character, they will be dragged onto the potion slot of the belt for each character. That means one potion can serve every character on the account. The potion remains in the account wide stash, and it is equipped by slotting it on to the potion slot of the belt.

To recap:
  • Potions will not be kept in individual character backpack inventory.
  • Potions will be kept in shared account stash.
  • Potions will be equipped by dragging them from stash onto the character's belt potion slot.
  • Potions will remain in the shared account stash, and will be available for all other characters to use.
  • Potions will not stack, each potion will use one square of the shared stash inventory, so potions that appear with variable power values will still be stored and equipped separately.
01/03/2019 06:45 AMPosted by StoneCold
^^ Good Grief.

Indeed. Reading comprehension at its finest on display here.
01/03/2019 06:45 AMPosted by StoneCold
^^ Good Grief.

Starting with Season 16 potions will no longer be kept in each character's backpack - the character inventory.

All potions will be kept in the account wide stash, and in order to equip those for each character, they will be dragged onto the potion slot of the belt for each character. That means one potion can serve every character on the account. The potion remains in the account wide stash, and it is equipped by slotting it on to the potion slot of the belt.

To recap:
  • Potions will not be kept in individual character backpack inventory.
  • Potions will be kept in shared account stash.
  • Potions will be equipped by dragging them from stash onto the character's belt potion slot.
  • Potions will remain in the shared account stash, and will be available for all other characters to use.
  • Potions will not stack, each potion will use one square of the shared stash inventory, so potions that appear with variable power values will still be stored and equipped separately.

Thank you.
current notes say this:

Legendary Potions are no longer stored in player inventory and can be accessed or changed by right-clicking on the potion icon in the action bar
this leads me to believe its a selection now. not stored at all ?
01/03/2019 10:43 AMPosted by Hurk
this leads me to believe its a selection now. not stored at all ?

Stored in the stash instead of the character's inventory.
01/03/2019 02:38 AMPosted by mungusCREEP
I think you misunderstood or I was unclear.

Hmm, looks like I missed that part of the S16 Preview notes. I thought it was mainly just a copy and paste from the 2.6.4 PTR notes, so I skimmed most of it. Glad for this change though.
During the PTR, I moved the potion from my inventory to the skill bar and not in to the stash. It then was held in the tool bar spot.
The PTR patch notes did not mention anything about the potions. More specifically, the patch notes in the S16 blog says:

Legendary Potions are no longer stored in player inventory and can be accessed or changed by right-clicking on the potion icon in the action bar

which is quite odd wording if you ask me. If we can store the potions in the stash and access them with any character, why not say that instead of 'no longer stored in player inventory'?

I guess we'll find out exactly how this works in a few days' time.
01/12/2019 06:08 PMPosted by Mugsy
The PTR patch notes did not mention anything about the potions. More specifically, the patch notes in the S16 blog says:

which is quite odd wording if you ask me. If we can store the potions in the stash and access them with any character, why not say that instead of 'no longer stored in player inventory'?

I guess we'll find out exactly how this works in a few days' time.

Yes.

I thought it was a little odd too.
Almost as if all the variable stat potions will be migrated to that shared-account stash.

If so, why would we ever assign one of the lower rolled potions to the slot?

Those variable stat potions are either getting moved to the shared stash with all we've ever found or all the lower rolled stat potions are being deleted and the highest we've found thus far will be in the slot.
to my knowledge the potion no longer stored in anywhere..just right click to change whatever potion u like,they don't drop anymore,but come on..no mvp even bother to clarify this minor change??(my bad..no one in office..even the server got hacked..)
I saw this in the patch notes but the potions are still in my inventory. I can swap them just fine from the menu that comes up when you right click on the Q, but the only ones that pop up are the ones in my inventory.

I actually have one of each potion in my stash but they don't appear on the menu.
01/12/2019 08:05 PMPosted by Wyrmheart
I saw this in the patch notes but the potions are still in my inventory. I can swap them just fine from the menu that comes up when you right click on the Q, but the only ones that pop up are the ones in my inventory.

I actually have one of each potion in my stash but they don't appear on the menu.

The patch hasn't dropped yet.

We're discussing what the interface for selecting potions will be like as the patch notes are quite confusing with what was implemented in the PTR.
But to be honest, in the game Blizzard update once again made a mistake, They say it will not be in inventory but after patch you can only right click and a new UI displays but the Potions are still taking space in the inventory, what kind of scam is that.
So now we know.

The word "potions" turned out to be little misleading.

A potion will no longer occupy inventory space while being the active potion in the potion slot. The rest of the potions in the character's inventory will appear in the ui for the potion slot but only the active one will not take up a slot in the character's inventory.

I have to say this doesn't help out as much as I first thought it would.