Stash Space Too Cramped

General Discussion
dont play hc, internet wont allow it, but i got you fam
i have single player/multipler and speed for some classes (dont really need much, just need ingeom and zodiac) i know lon takes a bit more, have lon ltk but its not that much more imo, and i also play non meta stuff, please, may not be on all classes but please

2 tab for legendaryamulets/rings/belts
hellfires for whatev class (dont really bother crafting these days coz its not a must)
zodiac/witching/grandeur/etlich/immunity rings/cdr and rcd belts/class specific rings/belts for barb/nec/wiz/wd/dh/monk

1 tab
gems and augments

1 tab
focus restraint/LoN with different needs, unity, jordans, coe, endless walk (with different elements)
element%, crit crit
damage%, crit, crit
damage%, crit, cdr/rcd
crit, crit, cdr/rcd
crit, crit, AD
ias, crit, crit

1 tab
bracers with whatever elements with crit / without crit for z classes
apd, warzechian, nems, strongarm, lacuni, reapers wraps, promise of glory & sanguinary because i can

oh, theres also znec, innas pet build, natalya crashing rain, natalya fan of knives, not to mention rings/ams for z classes(illusory/oculus/zodiac/leoric/rondall), class specific gears like wraps of clarity/bracer of first men/fury of ancients/etc placed together in their own class stash

a bit cramped but i can say i have so much junk that can be cleaned out to make room
Why not promote hardcore, achievements, greater rifts etc and give stash as a reward.
I have 3000+ hours played Diablo 3 yet I only play Monk and DH in different builds.
Guess why...
01/09/2019 06:05 AMPosted by Foensh
I have 3000+ hours played Diablo 3 yet I only play Monk and DH in different builds.
Guess why...

Because 12 stash tabs only lets you keep 17 copies of every single piece of equipment you could possibly ever want to use?
Ideally, I'd say that 40 stash tabs would be the sweet spot for having an end game usable stash that keeps everything clean. I come to this conclusion based on the premise of 1 tab per set + complimentary legs plus an extra tab per class for LON. This is enough for back up gear in HC and would just keep things tidy in SC.

Then a set of 5 tabs for gems, the odd jewellery/belt/bracer and general space for storing new unIDed items or caches.

With the current design of the armoury, the practice of using mules should not be encouraged as having an item in a saved build that sits in another character's inventory shouldn't occur. Not much can be done about items worn by another character except that with sufficient stash space, one could unequip the gear on a character before exiting the game meaning all gear that can be used for saved armoury builds will be in the stash.

Around 20 armoury slots and 40 stash tabs would allow me to use one character per class in SC and one in HC. I can then use the 3 bonus character slots from the RoS CE for Seasons exclusively and not worry about messing up my NS set ups.

This would be ideal storage set up for me.
I think at least 2-4 general tabs (gems, rings/amulets, follower gear, misc stuff you don't want to go through right away because you're in the middle of playing with others, etc) + 2 tabs per class is reasonable. That would be 16-18. Round it up to a flat 20, and that lets you keep a variety of gear that you can set up in your armories, but still would force you to do a small amount of inventory management.
Just make is so the Armory actually stores the items used on the alternate builds.
This is why I have 2 of every class in softcore mode (one exception being the Necro).

I can store every class set and legendary item of use on those two characters in each class.

Now, being that I only have one Necro and the DH is a class I play a lot, I have a stash tab dedicated to both those classes each.

So that leaves me 8 more tabs. One holds all my gems, potions, leg gems (I only keep one full set in the stash for both leg potions and gems), machines, GR keys, gifts, and a few other oddball items.
One stash tab holds all my universal GG items, like taskers, witching hours, etc.
One tab for rings and amulets only.
One tab for non-class specific set items. (including rings, amulets, etc)
A tab for universal weapons, (lot of my Primals make it here)
One for level up items and follower gear.
And one more for spill over for a class as needed temporarily.
Then there is one that I keep empty, so that I can grab any character I want to play, dump their inventory and play, then put these items back into their inventory.

I can still earn 2 more, but with how I manage my system, I can probably actually store 1 of every legendary in the game if I HAD to and STILL have space left.

But that's my take on it. If it isn't ancient, I salvage. If it isn't good rolled, I salvage. IF IT ISN'T USEFUL, I SALVAGE.

Game on.
Really hope 2019 stash space and item balance is massively improved. They have to save one of their key franchises, blizzcon 2018 was major disappointment. So many needed quality of life changes for Diablo 3 and we get a mobile game...sigh.
Yes to more stash.
In HC, you almost need double.
Tons of gems for augments, extra gear, cause gear is lost.
I would like 3-4 per class, total around 30 or so.
more stash please TriHard
01/08/2019 06:45 AMPosted by oneredflag
01/08/2019 02:02 AMPosted by SoloPlayer78
Make it purchasable in the blizzard shop

No, no, no, no, no.

I like the idea ...Stash space is getting cramped tho
level a toon for each build. Only top 2 are usually viable for pushing. Sometimes only 1 build is good. I have 2 toons of each class a season toon and 2 hc toons. Plenty of room. Once your toon is geared only save gems and primals mostly. Some ancients maybe. You don't need regular pieces once your builds done.
i just want enough space for each class to have all its sets in storage with their support items.

IE if there are 4 common builds per class, and say ~5 support items per set, then i want ~50 slots per class. as the current stash windows only hold ~70 small items or 35 full size items, you need 2 stash slots per character, total of 14 slots just for gear storage, not counting universal stuff like gems and legendary gems, etc.

What i would like to see is that each character gets 2-3 private stash tabs, but that the main stash gets reduced down to 10. (5 normal and the ability to add the other 5 through expansions and seasons, and the 2nd and 3rd character stashes could be added the same way)
01/10/2019 03:54 PMPosted by Hurk
i just want enough space for each class to have all its sets in storage with their support items.

IE if there are 4 common builds per class, and say ~5 support items per set, then i want ~50 slots per class. as the current stash windows only hold ~70 small items or 35 full size items, you need 2 stash slots per character, total of 14 slots just for gear storage, not counting universal stuff like gems and legendary gems, etc.

What i would like to see is that each character gets 2-3 private stash tabs, but that the main stash gets reduced down to 10. (5 normal and the ability to add the other 5 through expansions and seasons, and the 2nd and 3rd character stashes could be added the same way)

totally agree, people complain about the personal stash...but what need do you have to access your demon hunter gear on your barbarian. If we could keep all class specific items in that class's personal stash then we would have much more room to keep universal items and niche stuff in the shared stash
You can't have nice things from Blizzard unless it promotes kiddie gambling. That's why they won't give you more stash space.
I know that it is very likely that none of the posts here will affect ingame, but I have a opinion that would solve the issue and make people happy:

- Each character has its own stash, with 5-7 slots
- Add another stash that will be shared between all characters, starting with 3 slots
- Season aditional stash slot reward will go to shared stash

This way we can have separated items for each character, which makes life much easier.

For example, one time I dropped a very good Zodiac Ring to add to my Whirlwind Barb but had no mats to reroll it, so I added it to the stash.
A few days later I started building a speed monk and found that Zodiac Ring in my stash and rerolled strength, making it a really bad item for my Barb.

If I had separate stash por each character, this would have never happened xd

Anyway, this is just my oppinion.
5 tabs per class?

Even 1 tab per class is excessive.

I have 8 tabs.

I'm currently using 2 of them.

Either you're a hoarder or we're playing 2 different games.
01/11/2019 09:33 AMPosted by Buckles
5 tabs per class?

Even 1 tab per class is excessive.

I have 8 tabs.

I'm currently using 2 of them.

Either you're a hoarder or we're playing 2 different games.

I know that for casual players 1 is more than enough, but I like to keep at least one of each item that can be useful in the future.

One tab is easly filled in less than a week for people that play a lot.
I have 10 stash tabs so far (I don't know how many can you get) but its more then enough for me, I don't need more. To make more space I created two character for every class, lot of item I cubed. Basically I keep only items needed for builds. That's why I say I don't need more.