What does the Switch mean for D3 PC?

General Discussion
More D3 endgame content and classes/builds otw?

Is anyone getting excited about this? I love D3 but have also grown tired of the game, unless they are really going to shake things up and introduce new end-game content.
It means nothing :) they already announced that D3 is in maintenance mode. It was given to the Classic games team and Team 3 (Diablo) is working on another Diablo game.
12/31/2018 12:04 PMPosted by Imperius
It means nothing :) they already announced that D3 is in maintenance mode. It was given to the Classic games team and Team 3 (Diablo) is working on another Diablo game.

Got an actual Blizzard source stating that it's in maintenance mode as I've done a search and can only find non Blizzard speculation that it's in maintenance mode
12/31/2018 12:16 PMPosted by Steve
12/31/2018 12:04 PMPosted by Imperius

Got an actual Blizzard source stating that it's in maintenance mode as I've done a search and can only find non Blizzard speculation that it's in maintenance mode

It was moved over to their classic games team. Basically maintenance mode.
Yeah I know about maintenance mode, so basically the Switch version is just more of the same (seasons 16, 17 ad nauseam) but allows people (new and old players) to play on a different platform?
12/31/2018 03:30 PMPosted by rahl
Yeah I know about maintenance mode, so basically the Switch version is just more of the same (seasons 16, 17 ad nauseam) but allows people (new and old players) to play on a different platform?

Basically Activision is using the-same-product to expand revenue.
Imagine an insurance company that sells coverage to people without cancer previously. Now it extends its policies to people with and without cancer. Switch players have PCs. Previously Activision only offers D3 on PCs.
12/31/2018 03:51 PMPosted by Pokemon
Previously Activision only offers D3 on PCs.
It's been available on other platforms for a while now (PS4, Xbox one, PS3 and Xbox 360 i do believe), switch is just the newest one to get it.

as for new content, who knows, the classic team might be working on something behind the scenes, but because of their size it will take a while.
D1 was available on console... people like to forget about that
the same thing that happens whenever bethesda releases skyrim on another console, absolutely no new content, bug fixes or ANYTHING of any kind
12/31/2018 02:25 PMPosted by Pestilence

That is still a non Blizzard opinion and not an actual source from Blizzard stating it is in Maintenance mode
01/01/2019 01:03 AMPosted by Steve
12/31/2018 02:25 PMPosted by Pestilence

That is still a non Blizzard opinion and not an actual source from Blizzard stating it is in Maintenance mode

There was a job posting for Diablo with reference to tech not used in D2 but for D3 that was listed under the classics team. It was in one or Rhykker's old weekly videos.

Whether it means that D3 is being managed by the classics or not atm is not definitive but, from memory, the game engine tech referred to didn't make sense for a D2 remake... thus it seemed more likely that D3 is in maintenance mode and being managed by the classics team.

The fact that so many of the old devs have moved off the D3 team seems to further support this theory. So whilst we have no official confirmation (and likely will never get it), the current state of the game and all the third part info so far over the past 3yrs does seem to indicated a high chance of this being correct.
01/01/2019 01:18 AMPosted by Mugsy
Whether it means that D3 is being managed by the classics or not atm is not definitive

My point exactly, You have the opinion that it's in maintenance mode, and it must be right because YOU said so, and haven't got a thing to show me that has Blizzard saying Diablo is in maintenance mode
I'm asking for proof from Blizzard that the game is in maintenance mode, that Imperius said there is. but still nothing, just other peoples opinion, which means nothing
Can't you get it? I want the proof that Diablo is in maintenance mode that Blizzard has said it is in, not what a bunch of people think
Until I get the post from Blizzard stating Diablo is in maintenance mode, it isn't, and it doesn't mean a thing what other people think
12/31/2018 10:36 PMPosted by Imperius
D1 was available on console... people like to forget about that

It was available on 1 console and it wasn’t a very good port, which is understandable 20 years ago.

Nowadays there aren’t “ports,” games get full and updates releases on consoles. World of difference.
12/31/2018 11:44 PMPosted by havikryan
the same thing that happens whenever bethesda releases skyrim on another console, absolutely no new content, bug fixes or ANYTHING of any kind

You can mod and fix Skyrim though.
01/01/2019 05:49 AMPosted by rahl

Not on consoles without the risk of the console maker wanting to ban your hardware from multiplayer content in other games.
Last I read, Fallout 76 still doesn't have mod support. So no Unofficial Patch there.
01/01/2019 05:49 AMPosted by rahl

Sure.. on one of the 4 platforms it’s on.
It means the same as getting D3 to consoles: even slower and resistive update cycle than now.
12/31/2018 11:42 AMPosted by rahl
More D3 endgame content and classes/builds otw?

Is anyone getting excited about this? I love D3 but have also grown tired of the game, unless they are really going to shake things up and introduce new end-game content.

Exactly the opposite. They are milking the console market without having to create any new content. All the console version sales will go straight to profit, not to the development of the game.
Does your dad work for Blizzard? Quit making !@#$ up if you dont know.

"Multiple unannounced Diablo projects"

Okay Idiots.
01/01/2019 01:46 AMPosted by Steve
01/01/2019 01:18 AMPosted by Mugsy
Whether it means that D3 is being managed by the classics or not atm is not definitive

My point exactly, You have the opinion that it's in maintenance mode, and it must be right because YOU said so, and haven't got a thing to show me that has Blizzard saying Diablo is in maintenance mode
I'm asking for proof from Blizzard that the game is in maintenance mode, that Imperius said there is. but still nothing, just other peoples opinion, which means nothing
Can't you get it? I want the proof that Diablo is in maintenance mode that Blizzard has said it is in, not what a bunch of people think
Until I get the post from Blizzard stating Diablo is in maintenance mode, it isn't, and it doesn't mean a thing what other people think

I love your optimism. if you don't think it is, that's fine, but we just had a blizzcon where the main stage was a brand new diablo game that is mobile. most of us think of it asa joke, but they made sure to announce its thr next diablo game.

there has been no new content in d3 for years. the necro was one added class almost 2 years ago.

besides this blizzcon, which was a disaster, they put diablo next to the bathroom at a tiny booth with no word on it.

almost all the diablo streamers have quit because there's been no nee content for years. all of them went to path of exile.

releasing the game on switch is a great idea because it adds more fans for immortal and the eventual 4.