Is RoRG a test run maybe?

General Discussion
I was just wondering player's thoughts if they thought the RoRG seasonal buff could be a possible test run for a future permanent buff all around? Players have asked for more build diversity for a long time now and by doing this buff during season, they could get a good sample size of how it would affect certain builds. After collecting this info they could possibly proceed and make all 6 piece sets go to 5. It would be such a huge change that they might want a long and large test ground before implementing it.
It is more likely it's an attempt to try something new that would make seasons feel more different than just doubling some kind of drop or spawn.

The biggest complaint for the last year has been that seasons feel so much alike given that meta is unchanged and players go to the same build again and again as there's really only one composition that seems to work.

So it's more likely to be an attempt to expand the difference of seasons.
Please. There is no such thing as "RROG".
Not "RROG", but "RoRG", and I thinks it's not a test before a permanent buff, unless all the mecanic of game will change.
12/21/2018 04:12 AMPosted by KiWeN
It is more likely it's an attempt to try something new that would make seasons feel more different than just doubling some kind of drop or spawn.

The biggest complaint for the last year has been that seasons feel so much alike given that meta is unchanged and players go to the same build again and again as there's really only one composition that seems to work.

This is my guess as well. We shall see though. The buff to LoN is also nice and should encourages more non-set builds too. Maybe eventually they will move away from the Set meta a bit more?
12/21/2018 06:07 AMPosted by MissCheetah
12/21/2018 04:12 AMPosted by KiWeN

This is my guess as well. We shall see though. The buff to LoN is also nice and should encourages more non-set builds too. Maybe eventually they will move away from the Set meta a bit more?
The prior 2 seasons did not get significant patches but the upcoming season/new era will. Why do seasonal player need even more incentives to play that game mode?
The season after this they're going to double down with the Kris Kross season and we'll be able to wear our pants backwards. It'll blow the roof off the aRPG genre and have the industry shaking in their boots.
12/21/2018 06:42 AMPosted by DarkKnight
The prior 2 seasons did not get significant patches but the upcoming season/new era will. Why do seasonal player need even more incentives to play that game mode?

Because some find it more fun that way?

Early Seasons had special new Legendary items that were Season only.
Middle Seasons had only cosmetics/stash tabs for seasons
Recent two seasons had a buff that was different, but it was non-season too.
New Season goes back to having something Season only.

They are just trying different things. Some people LIKE the fee. of having a "reason" to start over in Seasonal play.
12/21/2018 07:08 AMPosted by McCloud
The season after this they're going to double down with the Kris Kross season and we'll be able to wear our pants backwards. It'll blow the roof off the aRPG genre and have the industry shaking in their boots.
Daddy Mack and Mack Daddy approve this message.
12/21/2018 08:32 AMPosted by KingInYellow

Jump
Jump
12/21/2018 09:06 AMPosted by PMG
...Daddy Mack and Mack Daddy approve this message.

Jump
Jump
https://us.diablo3.com/en/item/halcyons-ascent-Unique_Amulet_109_x1_210
What have I done?! lol
12/21/2018 04:07 AMPosted by Thorgrimn
was just wondering player's thoughts if they thought the RROG seasonal buff could be a possible test run for a future permanent buff all around?

That's what I think. Sets are too restrictive and they wanna see if allowing such thing would encourage build diversity.
12/21/2018 09:06 AMPosted by PMG
...Daddy Mack and Mack Daddy approve this message.

Jump
Jump

Believe dattt !
Season 17, Endless Walk buff granted for everyone free. Good idea?
12/21/2018 10:59 AMPosted by Rebel7254

I'd much prefer the Unity buff being granted for free... that would really shake up the way people geared as a group when you all need to be able to take a hit.
12/21/2018 12:49 PMPosted by Mugsy

I'd much prefer the Unity buff being granted for free... that would really shake up the way people geared as a group when you all need to be able to take a hit.
Can I get a plvl? ... wait... never mind
Hum ...... my impression of "Seasonal RoRG" -- a official seasonal modding ^^.

As a big fan of modding I would like to see more similar setup in the funture such as :-

1)
even better, change the set bonus from "While this is your only Item Set bonus ..... " to " While you don't have any main class set bonus ...... "

2)
Allow DH to DW 1H + HxBow

3)
Allow Barb to DW 2H + 1H

4)
Allow Crusader to DW shields

:o

There's only one member of Kris Kross left now.

Kris Kross will make you Jump Jump.
I just saw the music vid the other day when playing some old retro RnB music vids.
A season of Halcyons Ascent LOL

I was think what to do for next season due to RoRG and I don't know what Class to start next season.
I know Wiz is a good class of mix and match set gear.
But Crusader is also good class to push top GR so I don't what to choose.
Also I liked to go back to playing Necro again as I haven't done Trag'Ouls yet and this season I didn't get much ancient gear for Necro so I was a bit disappointed this season didn't give me good drops.