The Darkening Of Tristram Event?

General Discussion
wished they would put something useful in the event, like bring back some of D1's items that will only drop in the maps. Then again D3 has turned into a carebear game catered to casuals who will whine if the game becomes difficult...
I have verified that cultist pages are indeed dropping as of this posting!
12/31/2018 04:26 PMPosted by KorbinArmand
12/31/2018 01:31 PMPosted by Imhotep
"The cultists will appear starting December 31 at 4 p.m. PST, and the portal opens January 3 at the same hour. Both parts of the event end January 30 at the same time."

I am sure we will know if there are any changes.

Umm that was 2018 (this past year's event) thus many not been what happening this year's (2019)

"Just to confirm, The Darkening of Tristram event will last until the end of this month (January), and will return every January from here on out." -Jan 10, 2016
"Darkening of Tristram (also known as Anniversary Dungeon) is limited-time event in Diablo III (only occurs in January of each year starting with 2017) that takes players back into the original 16 levels of Diablo I." -http://diablo.wikia.com/wiki/The_Darkening_of_Tristram

This is why I don't believe it is just for 2018.
01/01/2019 04:33 AMPosted by Imhotep

This is why I don't believe it is just for 2018.

I believe the 2018 reference was solely addressing the specific start date(s) aspect, not the occurrence of the event in general. At least that's the way I read it.
As they are all on holiday there will be no one to hit the event switch so it will not go online this year...
01/01/2019 04:34 PMPosted by Foensh
As they are all on holiday there will be no one to hit the event switch so it will not go online this year...

Funny that, because Cultist pages started dropping yesterday, i.e. the event's already started. The portal will be opening in a couple of days' time.
I've missed the event in the past... always started and finished playing outside of the window. This year I'll get the cosmetics :)
Already finished the cultist pages... and waiting for the portal to open tomorrow!
12/31/2018 09:22 PMPosted by fathom
wished they would put something useful in the event, like bring back some of D1's items that will only drop in the maps. Then again D3 has turned into a carebear game catered to casuals who will whine if the game becomes difficult...

You're salty. Not everyone that feels the game caters to them is a casual.
12/29/2018 09:16 PMPosted by DreamTeam
Can you link me to the official post saying it's coming at those exact times? This will be my first time doing the event if I do decide to do it. Can somebody teach me what I must do?

Just posted today:
https://news.blizzard.com/en-us/diablo3/22855173/the-darkening-of-tristram-returns-january-3
I did it just to see.
Nothing new.
Oh well.