Red Soul Shard

General Discussion
I am new to the darkening of tristram event. After killing diablo, I got a legendary gem called Red Soul Shard or something. It has a weird property that stuns you while also doing massive area damage.

I searched about it since it was a quirky but interesting gem and came across several posts that claimed it had an exploit that was a bannable offense.

I am not interested in doing high level rifts or leader boards. I occassionally do rifts for items but dont usually go above 71.

Does the use of this gem in Gr71 and single player constitute as something I will get banned for? Or am I free to use it in single player?
01/04/2019 11:14 AMPosted by Nevermore
I am new to the darkening of tristram event. After killing diablo, I got a legendary gem called Red Soul Shard or something. It has a weird property that stuns you while also doing massive area damage.

I searched about it since it was a quirky but interesting gem and came across several posts that claimed it had an exploit that was a bannable offense.

I am not interested in doing high level rifts or leader boards. I occassionally do rifts for items but dont usually go above 71.

Does the use of this gem in Gr71 and single player constitute as something I will get banned for? Or am I free to use it in single player?

that exploit got fixed. You are fine to use it
I have a question, I could test it myself but figure I'd just ask. If you use Red Soul Shard in conjunction with a level 25+ Invigorating Gemstone (or if you have Wrath of Berserker, Epiphany, Archon, Vengeance, or Akarat's up) does it still stun you? Or does that gem/those skills prevent the stun?
01/04/2019 11:40 AMPosted by SuperCuddles
I have a question, I could test it myself but figure I'd just ask. If you use Red Soul Shard in conjunction with a level 25+ Invigorating Gemstone (or if you have Wrath of Berserker, Epiphany, Archon, Vengeance, or Akarat's up) does it still stun you? Or does that gem/those skills prevent the stun?

No
01/04/2019 11:40 AMPosted by SuperCuddles

They do, the "stun" is considered a normal cc effect, though cc reduction time never seemed to affect it as it appears to be a fixed animation.
I read through a few threads that the gem itself is very insignificant in damage in T13+ and for any type of GR pushing. I think it's just meant for leveling paired with Gem of Ease.
There is a set item you can wear that will completely negate the stun. Its part of a 2 item set but i forgot the name of it . one is a belt and the other is a pant.

If you wear the right on , stuns will no longer be an issue , or you can cube it too.
01/04/2019 01:54 PMPosted by MySelf
There is a set item you can wear that will completely negate the stun. Its part of a 2 item set but i forgot the name of it . one is a belt and the other is a pant.

If you wear the right on , stuns will no longer be an issue , or you can cube it too.

Krelm's Buff Bracers?
"You are immune to Knockback and Stun effects."
The Red Soul Shard works best when used with class set builds with GLOBAL damage modifiers (Inna's, Tal's, IK, Akarat's, etc.). Bane of the Trapped and Zei's Stone of Vengeance will help increase it too. Endless Walk, CoE (when Fire is up), Krysbin's ring, and Trag Oul's Corroded Fang are other items that help it go higher.
Its a cool transmorg but not a significant source of damage over much better gem choices.
01/04/2019 02:08 PMPosted by mungusCREEP
01/04/2019 01:54 PMPosted by MySelf

Krelm's Buff Bracers?
"You are immune to Knockback and Stun effects."

yes ! its been so long i even forgot they were bracers lol , thank you !