Mourning the dead builds

General Discussion
Let's collect them all here

DH Lightning ball: UE + Kridershot + Augustine's Panacea
Would be nice to see Blizz add +300% damage to Elem Arrow or somesuch to kridershot

DH M6 Maelstrom

DH M4S4 Chakram: Marauder 4 piece + Shadow 4 piece + Ill Will.

Crus Holy Shotgun

Necro Inarius + Mirinae

Crus Horse Phalanx

Monk Health Globe party

side question: why is condemn so op? is blizz honestly "balancing" the other sets around this akkhan set and its one top tier build? are they for real?
The Condemn is OP because of its very OP support items. The Akkhan set itself isn't particulary strong but the Condemn support items make the whole setup insanely strong.
They were planning to introduce a lot more items for popular skills but then the decision was made to send everyone over to "multiple unannounced diablo projects" leaving D3 an unfinished game.

So here we are a year after the last patch, and they may now have about a dozen maybe 2-3 per class that are roughly comparable in power levels. Funny thing is they got 4 sets per class, but they still can't seem to create 4 usable builds per class but that's another issue...

They can't really do much more with set adjustments so the dream of having a half dozen builds per class can only be achieved with additional items, but good luck with that happening in maintenance mode.
What about the critical mass wizard from vanilla?
A moment of silence as we observe the passing of dead builds / items.

Our Father who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done, on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread; and forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us; and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.

Merry Christmas.
leaving D3 an unfinished game

This game was finished the moment Reaper of Souls released and fixed absolutely nothing. Temporary band-aids are just that.
12/26/2018 08:19 AMPosted by hax0r
What about the critical mass wizard from vanilla?

I was going to mention this. And how is it not in his list? Must be new. Crusader and Necro are his highlights. He mentions 3 DH builds and NONE of them use a double socket Manticore. Interesting.
wiz permfreeze also
There is no "dead build" imo. Only what I like and don't like to play. It doesn't even need to be able to run t13. If it's fun I'll play it.
Frenzy Barb + Thorns Frenzy
Bouldertoss(charge) Barb
Holy Shotgun Crusader (activ use build)

a would also say "Rend-Barb" but that wasn't really "alive" in the first place^^
12/26/2018 10:24 AMPosted by pawlie
wiz permfreeze also

That's CM, guy.
12/26/2018 11:02 AMPosted by Pestilence
There is no "dead build" imo. Only what I like and don't like to play. It doesn't even need to be able to run t13. If it's fun I'll play it.

While I agree with you to a point, I think all abilities should be viable to push into t13+

The LoN buff actually will accomplish this.
Posting in another pointless thread!
RIP Delsere Bubble doing DPS with enough set items
12/26/2018 01:56 PMPosted by Semyon
RIP Delsere Bubble doing DPS with enough set items

They keep killing builds my bro liked to play which discouraged him from continuing to play. I really wish they kept with Slow Time doing damage as well as giving us a damage buff and DR as well. It was a great design for a bit of crowd control plus doing damage.

For me, I'll add:

- WD Plague of Toads builds
- WD Corpse Spiders
- WD Tiki perma root zdps build
- WD Fetish Army/SMK builds
- WD Acid Cloud
- WD Zombie Bears
- WD... wall of death doing decent damage and esp firewall being of any decent use
- WD 0 dogs... RIP sacrifice skill
- the original M6 autofire sentries build (could they not have added Cluster Arrow, Chakram and Rapid Fire to UE instead and made M6 a more traps oriented set where the sentries do the bulk of your damage?)
- Sader Firestarter
- Shield Bash Rolands (really wish they buffed the other runes instead of tinkering with how Crumble original functioned)
- Static Charge Gen Monk... wasn't my fav Monk build but the mechanics was interesting

You can probably tell by the list above that WD use to be one of my favourite classes to play but the current line up of builds that rely heavily on Firebats or RoE has really made the class more frustrating to play and rather monotonous.

2.6.4 will be great for overall variety but with Jade being the only true top end option and it also being a heavily solo oriented set (we need a DR ring for WDs!... and Monks!), it's no wonder I spend more time playing Barbs, Wizards and DHs these days where there's more build/skill variety.
Barb WW Sprint RLTW dead and long gone
CM Wizard
For got to add DH Slo Ball build to the mix. Elemental Arrow is so not a thing that I've forgotten it exists!
12/26/2018 07:39 PMPosted by Mugsy
For got to add DH Slo Ball build to the mix. Elemental Arrow is so not a thing that I've forgotten it exists!

I've made my cold Ele Arrow UE6 build more or less viable for T13 now, albeit that's with augments and 1300 paragon. At least with the set buff and LoN buff I can do wtf I want now in T13 with EA build or Rapid Fire build.

However, I really would die 1000x over if they buffed/added in support items for these two DH skills.
12/26/2018 08:08 PMPosted by PhoenixForce
I've made my cold Ele Arrow UE6 build more or less viable for T13 now, albeit that's with augments and 1300 paragon.

Yeah, I played around with a Frost Arrow UE build too a few months ago since I've got well rolled Augustines and Kridershot on my alt account's SC NS DH (though, only P775). It's fun but lack of damage buffs really ruin how far I can go with it. I really wish Hunter's Wrath had worked with Chakram and EA when they're turned into generators. It would have helped a little.