Does anyone actually want Diablo 4?

General Discussion
1 2 3 7 Next
We will discuss whether we want diablo 4 or not, and how you feel about diablo 3 and the new mobile diablo.

i mean it's been 6 years and now they made some mobile game, Diablo: Lite. everyone on the forums is either asking for a minor addition to diablo 3, or some minor bug fixes. no one even mentions diablo 4. maybe the reason they didn't make diablo 4 is because either no one wants it, everyone hides the fact that they want it, or no one actually knows that they want it.

everyone seems to be disappointed at the reveal of diablo immortal. why all the disappointment? i'm disappointed because i wanted diablo 4 instead. what about you?

how do i feel about diablo 3 and diablo immortal?
the truth is i don't like diablo 3 anymore. no one does. it's a boring game after you finish the story and experience all that multiplayer has to offer. this game is only good for one season. i don't like diablo immortal either. i'm sure it's a good game for people who have not played diablo 3. otherwise it's just a !@#$ stain.
Not anymore
Sure do,don't have any high expectations tho but if its not 'worse' than D3 then I will have my fun with it anyway.

12/31/2018 12:43 PMPosted by NightRaven
i don't like diablo 3 anymore. no one does.

Maybe you don't and thats fine but don't speak for everyone cause for example I still like it in moderation.
A part of me deeply wants Diablo 4. Diablo 2 was a game with its own flaws, but it was far more intricate to me, than Diablo 3. I am not sure how Diablo 4 would play, but I remember reading somewhere that it would go back to its dark roots and origins - Diablo 2.

This is a good start. Let's hope it comes with a more complex and robust system other than having all damage abilities based off of weapon damage and percent modifiers.
It's their best chance of a come back after D3, and the last few years of bad choices.

So if they make it, I'll give them the benefit of doubt and look at it.

But honestly if they can't make it better, they might as well not make it at all.
If it builds on more of the dumbing down of the game for mobile and only consists of grab your sets & greater rifting, then no.
Nope :D they can actually add content into diablo 3.

Like similar f2p game did. ^^.
Just continue act 6 7 8 9 etc.
We will discuss whether we want diablo 4 or not, and how you feel about diablo 3 and the new mobile diablo.

i mean it's been 6 years and now they made some mobile game, Diablo: Lite. everyone on the forums is either asking for a minor addition to diablo 3, or some minor bug fixes. no one even mentions diablo 4. maybe the reason they didn't make diablo 4 is because either no one wants it, everyone hides the fact that they want it, or no one actually knows that they want it.

everyone seems to be disappointed at the reveal of diablo immortal. why all the disappointment? i'm disappointed because i wanted diablo 4 instead. what about you?

the truth is i don't like diablo 3 anymore. no one does. it's a boring game after you finish the story and experience all that multiplayer has to offer. this game is only good for one season. i don't like diablo immortal either. i'm sure it's a good game for people who have not played diablo 3. otherwise it's just a !@#$ stain.
I do If it's not a Rehash of Diablo III/World of Warcraft >_<
Not as much as before but deep down I still do. Might wait and read reviews though instead of just impulse buy instantly.

Meh... who am I kidding I would still buy it upon release.

I do If it's not a Rehash of Diablo III/World of Warcraft >_<
12/31/2018 12:48 PMPosted by Exuri
Not anymore

This. I don't consider myself a Blizzard customer any longer. It would take a HELL of a lot (no pun intended) to change that at this point. Basically, a massive shift in company direction along with massive changes in leadership. That's not going to happen. At this point, I don't want D4 anymore. I've moved on.
D3 vanilla sucked but the ros patch fixed the major problems and now I love it. It's not d2 and doesnt have to be imo.

I want a d4 cause that's probably when we will get druids at this point. Another d3 class pack isn't happening. Would be cool if I'm wrong though.
Diablo 3 has been in maintenance mode for years. Immortal is just proof the series is on life support now. I don't expect anything in the future except maybe another class pack (druid) with some minor content but I doubt it.
I'd prefer a D3 DLC or expansion TBH.
Yes, but not from this company anymore.
the truth is i don't like diablo 3 anymore. no one does. it's a boring game after you finish the story and experience all that multiplayer has to offer. this game is only good for one season.

This is the part where your post lost all respect with me.

12/31/2018 12:57 PMPosted by MrGatto
Maybe you don't and thats fine but don't speak for everyone cause for example I still like it in moderation.

Exactly.

People continue to talk about how good D2 is... blah, blah, blah. For me, D2 was something I only played to about lvl40 with only 3 classes. Maybe I stopped early on before when loot drops was improved on (so I hear). The fact is that D2 was too punishing for me at that time... crappy self found gear, lack of ability to respec skill points (this was before respeccing was an option), and a skill system that required me to spend more time theorycrafting than playing.

D3 was able to address all these issues I had... ok, so the crappy self found gear was still an issue in vanilla but the AH was safer and more convenient to use than trading sites for D2. RoS just fixed this further.

12/31/2018 02:06 PMPosted by Pestilence
It's not d2 and doesnt have to be imo.

Absolutely. And there's a part of me that doesn't want it to be D2.

Sure, D2 had the better story but D3 has better game mechanics for me. It's the right amount of depth for the amount of time I want to learn about a game vs playing the game. And I'm only going to have less time for this as things pick up in life.

12/31/2018 01:48 PMPosted by Dryadelder
Nope :D they can actually add content into diablo 3.

Like similar f2p game did. ^^.
Just continue act 6 7 8 9 etc.

This is where my thoughts have always been. It was a big mistake by Blizzard management to focus so heavily on moving to D4 and try to forget about D3. Simply put, if they didn't want to make xpac 2, they should have had a team churning out D3 DLC in the form of new acts and new classes while the D4 team put something together.

12/31/2018 02:06 PMPosted by Pestilence
Another d3 class pack isn't happening. Would be cool if I'm wrong though.

I'm in two minds about this:

I'd like a new class for something new to play with. However, they botched up the Necromancer in my opinion which doesn't inspire me to see how a Druid would come together. I mean... 2 viable end game builds (corpse lance and mages) with the corpse lance build replicated across two sets, and most of the classic skills such as bone spear, poison nova, bone spirit, and corpse explosion having no end game viability.

Then there are so many skills for the other classes which still have no place in end game. WD is fairing the worst with every build requiring Sacred Harvester and Lakumbas to have any viable damage mitigation and dps skills being a small selection of the overall WD arsenal (what happened to Toads, Zombie Bears, Acid Cloud, and Firewall?).

I do hope they fix these issues and also get a team together to bring the Druid to life... D4 is going to take a long time. As is a D2 remaster IMHO. The classics team is focused on WC3 atm. So they really need to bring something to D3 in the interim because their player base wants something for PC soon.
Everyone on the forums is either asking for a minor addition to diablo 3, or some minor bug fixes. no one even mentions diablo 4. maybe the reason they didn't make diablo 4 is because either no one wants it, everyone hides the fact that they want it, or no one actually knows that they want it.

Either you're misinformed or trolling, but sad fact is you're horridly wrong. When it comes to an update to the Diablo franchise as an whole, the majority would prefer a Diablo 4. However, chances of it happening anytime soon is incredibly slim, as such the next best thing for people to want would be either a Diablo 2 remake, or a major Diablo 3 update and/or expansion.
If if comes out cool. Hope that Blizzard makes something respectable that long time die hard Diablo fans would love. If there is no D4 no biggie personally as I came into the franchise with D3. I have not play much D3 so I kind of slowly weed off the game.
I love this game just as it is, and I hate it...

Sounds strange, but I have been playing this game continuously and exclusively since June 1, 2012. I have several accounts, and up until this Season I have played every Season on every account. This Season however, I had two new accounts, and so I concentrated on those to get the stash tab for each of them. Just finished Guardian on the second one of them today.

The thing that keeps me, and I think everybody, coming back to Diablo III is the combat. It is the smoothest, most fluid, most graphically exciting and beautiful combat in just about any genre, and superior to every ARPG, bar none. But this game also has its flaws, and I've been griping about them for six years. But I keep playing this game because it's the best ARPG out there, warts and all.

So if they made a Diablo IV, I would be sharply interested. I would really be interested to see a game that expands on the Skovos Islands. I can imagine a set of three or four islands that each offer a group of unique maps, with long, dangerous footbridges connecting them, along with perilous treks up and down craggy cliffs and hillsides. But if they change the combat model, I'll be the first to jump off the bandwagon.
What happens if they give it the HoTS treatment that since Diablo 4 is entering an already-saturated market (PoE) it's not worth the money? But in this case, they decide it's not even worth making to completion and releasing (in other words, game is cancelled).