$1 for a Red Dot? Seriously?

Games & Technology
Will you want one?
Are you referring to a Activision game? Blizzard Diablo3 forums here.
Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 is Selling A Dot for $1
https://gamerant.com/black-ops-4-red-dot/

For years, the Call of Duty series, which cost $60 at launch, include season passes that cost nearly as much as the base game, and feature mountains of microtransactions, have been criticized for their monetization practices. Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 is no different, bringing back the COD Points currency, and having even more monetization than past games thanks to the Blackout battle royale mode. Now the game’s monetization practices are yet again under fire, this time due to a cosmetic item that some think is a little pricey.

Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 is now selling a red dot sight reticle for 100 COD Points, which translates to $1 in real world money. Called the Open Dot, anyone interested in purchasing the item from the Black Market can actually pick it up for half off – 50 COD Points (or 50 cents) – until January 1.

While some may not have a problem with Activision selling what is quite literally a dot for $1, others online have criticized the decision. Some feel that microtransactions don’t impact them as long as they don’t buy any, whereas others argue that microtransactions are often predatory and have a direct impact on how games are developed.
01/02/2019 11:35 PMPosted by Astig
Will you want one?

63 lifetime kills?
01/02/2019 11:43 PMPosted by Chetanji
Will you want one?

63 lifetime kills?

What does his lifetime kill count have to do with thinking that charging $1 for a targeting reticle cosmetic is bad?
01/02/2019 11:52 PMPosted by Meteorblade
01/02/2019 11:43 PMPosted by Chetanji
63 lifetime kills?

What does his lifetime kill count have to do with thinking that charging $1 for a targeting reticle cosmetic is bad?

as much as what cod has to do with diablo forums
01/03/2019 12:44 AMPosted by SteLitY

As much as COD has reason to be on the Battle.net launcher.
<span class="truncated">...</span>
63 lifetime kills?

Metoerblade to the rescue!
01/03/2019 01:41 AMPosted by Meteorblade

As much as COD has reason to be on the Battle.net launcher.
For your edification:

"Welcome to the General Discussion forum! This forum is here to provide you with a friendly environment where you can discuss all aspects of Diablo III with your fellow players."
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/3074657442#post-1
I've never played a single CoD game(though my Wife has) but I can say that a "cosmetic" item is far better than a P2W item at least. If we're going to get po'd about a 1$ non essential item then we should hold another certain game developer accountable for their pricing scheme too.
Will you want one?

I know a few places where you can get many of those... for free.
I don't blame companies for doing stuff like this. I blame the morons who spend their money on this nonsense, because companies wouldn't do it if it wasn't profitable.
01/03/2019 06:40 AMPosted by MountainMan
I don't blame companies for doing stuff like this. I blame the morons who spend their money on this nonsense, because companies wouldn't do it if it wasn't profitable.

QFT!!1one
01/03/2019 06:04 AMPosted by StoneCold
For your edification

From the Diablo III Games & Technology forum sticky...
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/4903440561
    In this forum, feel free to discuss anything related to games, gaming, and hardware.
So, it seems it's perfectly viable to discuss non-Blizzard games on the Diablo III forums. Heck, COD's even on the Battle.net launcher and published by Activision, so it's not even like it's a completely unrelated thing. Discussions regarding Activision's influence over the companies under its aegis aren't exactly unusual on these forums.

Incidentally, that's the forum this thread has been moved to.
Well discussing othe games just gives everyone what to expect in the future for many of Activision/Blizzard games. A Red... dot is being sold for 1$, guess what kind of MTXs will be in D:I or other titles they'll publish next year. Oh good golly can't wait for color schemes for 15$ or, or character eye or what ever color change for 1$ a pop, you want an actually different character, well then better start gathering those dollars we'll charge for every piece of customization, 1$ each, isn't THAT cheap y'all! *sarcasm*
"Why make good games when we can have even more money selling stupid and easy stuff?"

That's the poison running on activision and going for blizz, that also goes for D...
It seem that they need to sell it through 3rd party web-site silently if they want their fans to accept it :)