Darkening of Tristram

Console Discussion
Can other consoles just change the date to something like 01/10/19 and get the Darkening of Tristram portal? I just gave it a try on Switch and was able to get the Butcher pet, Red Soul Shard, and the plans for Wirt's Leg. However, when salvaged, only got 2 arcane dusts...not the map of the stars, so I was not able to get the cow pet.
we can change the date, but the wirts leg is specific to that date only. meaning it has to be the actual event going on, probably due to the servers, to actually get the map and be able to get the cow pet. any other time, all other stuff can be acquired.
What about Kanai's farm?
You can just change date and get the rewards? If so, what dates?
Yeah, I was also able to aquire Kanai's Skorn by setting the date to 3/27/19.

For the Darkening of Tristram, I set the date to 1/10/19. I was able to get everything but the cow pet, because Wirt's Leg didn't salvage down to the Map of the Stars. I hope this is because I was using a season toon that was connected to the Diablo network and not an indication of the Wirt's Leg problem from last year (or was it the year before) on PC.
12/11/2018 05:15 AMPosted by jacuff
Yeah, I was also able to aquire Kanai's Skorn by setting the date to 3/27/19.

For the Darkening of Tristram, I set the date to 1/10/19. I was able to get everything but the cow pet, because Wirt's Leg didn't salvage down to the Map of the Stars. I hope this is because I was using a season toon that was connected to the Diablo network and not an indication of the Wirt's Leg problem from last year (or was it the year before) on PC.

Thanks for the TIP! I set my ps4 dates to these and was able to get into darkening of tristram and the transmog for that Kanai's Skorn (looks like another weapon but adds a liquid fire glow to it). Got my tiny butcher pet now and that "red gem" that i thought was a helm transmog, i didn't realize it was an actually legendary gem you could level up.

It sounds wicked at level 25+ but not sure how effective it really is (unless you are leveling up fast) xx seconds of no cooldowns on anything and everything you use is resource free for xx seconds (insane!)
12/12/2018 05:34 AMPosted by Taetew
"red gem" that i thought was a helm transmog

it is also a transmog.
People who want a cheat free game and then they go to cheat themselves LOL
idk if you can really call this cheating.. I mean i guess in one way it is, but for those who picked up the game after Jan, or March, and don't want to wait until Jan or March, which for the DoT it makes no sense since its gonna be starting soon.

but for the glitch to be able to set the time after D/C and do the event. i can't say thats fully cheating, because there are some aspects of it they can't get like the cow pet.
Yeah, I stuck the red gem into a helm and saw the “transmog” unlocked. Its really hard to see on a model, the gem is extremely funny when you are leveling up a fresh guy. The only thing that really sucks is when you get “dizzy” and fireballs come out of your person in all directions. I made a level 1 barb stuck a gem of ease in an ancient weapon, tossed in the gem in a helm and when I was leveling myself up on t4 at level 1, I gained levels very fast which made all the abilities insta perma casts and costs no resources. I went from 1 to 51 in just a few minutes, I think now the helm and weapon are “good” but at this level the mobs are better than the 2 pieces of gear.

Changing the date on stuff is technically cheating since I, on purpose changed the date to that was listed in this post. I will admit to my fault, but I did want to see if it really worked, which it did (except the royal cow pet).

Also, it’s not a free game. I did buy it on the ps4 store a few years ago (granted it was only 12 bucks or something on a valentines super deal). I think I paid more for the necro pack addon! Hah but it’s the best 12 bucks I ever spent on a game that still gives me enjoyment playing.
He didnt say the game was free. He said cheat free.
ooooooooh! haha yeah, that makes more sense now that I read it a 2nd time with coffee in my system. hah
So yeah, it looks like the Wirt's Leg salvaging into arcane dust instead of the map of the stars is affecting everyone this year too.
01/03/2019 05:40 PMPosted by jacuff
So yeah, it looks like the Wirt's Leg salvaging into arcane dust instead of the map of the stars is affecting everyone this year too.

It might be just because you're doing the cheat for it. i've personally never had a problem with that the passsed two January events on XB1 during the actual event. At least I hope that's what's happening. I guess I'll find out tomorrow when it's officially live.
01/03/2019 05:40 PMPosted by jacuff

try doing that tom again the event will be official

01/03/2019 05:52 PMPosted by HunterD333

It might be just because you're doing the cheat for it. i've personally never had a problem with that the passsed two January events on XB1 during the actual event. At least I hope that's what's happening. I guess I'll find out tomorrow when it's officially live.

the first DoT event the only problem I had was the demon portrait no matter how much I slain some champions it did not seems to log in hell some champions are sure spawn did not count … Not proud of it my "modder" mate sent me the portrait but I did run again last year to see yup seems I manage to kill all champions required pointless in a way since I already have the portrait but I dun like things hand out to me as a gamer :p
It's live now on both Switch and PC and I'd assume other consoles as well. Last year it took about a day to get it fixed for PC and I assume the console fixed lagged even more. Probably more of the same this year.
I'm having the same issue with Wirt's Leg on PS4. For the record, I did not change the date on my console, just entered the labyrinth when it presented itself naturally. I gave the plans to the Blacksmith, and while it still costs 1 million in gold, it only crafts a BLUE item, not an Orange Legendary item as it should . . . this might be part of the issue. Hopefully it's something they can fix without having to go through the whole exercise all over again.
I think it is like a last year thingy LOL just wait for a few days for the patch than … seriously I assume they patch it last year seems like something went wrong again this year

PC can be fast because it is on blizz server or PC games... consoles will always be delay because they have to agree to a date for PS4/Xbox1 so both of them launch together the same time... & some other issue of cause you would not be happy if PS4 gets the patch today & xbox1 tomorrow something like that … many angry gamers around will rant on this :p
I think it is like a last year thingy LOL just wait for a few days for the patch than … seriously I assume they patch it last year seems like something went wrong again this year

PC can be fast because it is on blizz server or PC games... consoles will always be delay because they have to agree to a date for PS4/Xbox1/switch so both of them launch together the same time... & some other issue of cause you would not be happy if PS4 gets the patch today & xbox1/switch tomorrow something like that … many angry gamers around will rant on this :p

fixed that.. god forbid anybody leave off anything to do with switch and they'll raise hell.