Does this sound right?

Console Discussion
recently uploaded a youtube video on my channel about the season 16 update- anyone care to give me some feedback on it would be helpful.

sorry for the shameless plug https://youtu.be/p6w4l2x-2YU
I'm not expert at YouTube creation but I have a channel mostly for D3.

It's a saturated market...many famous streamers do the news on D3 so it is hard to get into that.

But man may I make some comments?

You need to be fast...you need to get to the point...little clips to make a point...the Tyrael voice...forget all that...it puts people off.

Get to the points, be fast, speak excitedly, extemperaneous speech etc.

You put a bit of effort into that video and ive watched a few of your streams...just be yourself...i watch others not just because of D3 but because of the person.

For instance I stream when drunk and I'm Scottish which makes streams a little more interesting.

But I like your effort...you need to say and sell something that others do not cover. Why not cover console specific D3 stuff for instance.

I'll keep an eye on your videos for sure.
love the 3 stooges and the monty python of the holy grail helm! You should slip in "Whats his boogle" from demolition man (funny movie) for your next video when someone is questioning something heh.

Don't really like the old guy voice but your normal voice is great pronounced and understandable.

I have to admit, first time a primal dropped for me, i did see the red boarder and thought what the heck, why did i get some gear already broken from a drop... this sucks

nicely done!
12/22/2018 02:14 AMPosted by homerjnick
I'm not expert at YouTube creation but I have a channel mostly for D3.

It's a saturated market...many famous streamers do the news on D3 so it is hard to get into that.

But man may I make some comments?

You need to be fast...you need to get to the point...little clips to make a point...the Tyrael voice...forget all that...it puts people off.

Get to the points, be fast, speak excitedly, extemperaneous speech etc.

You put a bit of effort into that video and ive watched a few of your streams...just be yourself...i watch others not just because of D3 but because of the person.

For instance I stream when drunk and I'm Scottish which makes streams a little more interesting.

But I like your effort...you need to say and sell something that others do not cover. Why not cover console specific D3 stuff for instance.

I'll keep an eye on your videos for sure.

hey thanks for the feedback bud- appreciate it! that drunken Scottish thing sounds like a blast haha and I hear what you're saying with offering more unique content and speaking with greater emotion I'm relatively new to the youtube/streaming so it's always great to hear what folks have to say.

I'll have to come check you out the next time you're pouring! lol
12/22/2018 02:17 AMPosted by Taetew
love the 3 stooges and the monty python of the holy grail helm! You should slip in "Whats his boogle" from demolition man (funny movie) for your next video when someone is questioning something heh.

Don't really like the old guy voice but your normal voice is great pronounced and understandable.

I have to admit, first time a primal dropped for me, i did see the red boarder and thought what the heck, why did i get some gear already broken from a drop... this sucks

nicely done!

Great feedback bud - aye the cain voice is not a hit lol thats nice though it'll save my voice from having to do more of those haha. oh and you KNOW it's only a matter of time before you see that "what's my boggle" window smash part soon haha. kind of worried about copyright strikes so this was kind of a tester for that actually. some gem clips just waiting for the right cut haha UNITY

it's interesting how the experience is changed from 'yay' a primal to = 'boo' broken item like that eh? lol
12/22/2018 02:17 AMPosted by Taetew

nicely done!

your boggle is ready sir. lol
https://youtu.be/9bwjMqQ_kZ8
The first things that jumped out at me:

1. Your intro is about 16 to 17 seconds long. You need to cut the majority of that and get it down to about 6 seconds.
2. Your video length is about 7 minutes. You covered all your points and read off of a script. Good job on that. A lot of startup youtubers ramble without a script, but you correctly avoided that.
3. Your attempt to do the Deckard voice is not funny. Stop trying to be entertaining. Just cover your material in a genuine way. Just be yourself and be interested in what you're talking about. You don't have to be entertaining.
4. Your video is too short for the constant three stooges/etc. cuts. Stop using cuts just for the sake of using them. It's just clutter and makes it hard to listen to you. It's cringey. People aren't going to sub to you for your cute use of cuts from movies in your videos. They are going to sub to you for the content you create because they are interested in what you're talking about.
12/31/2018 12:07 PMPosted by Revenant
The first things that jumped out at me:

1. Your intro is about 16 to 17 seconds long. You need to cut the majority of that and get it down to about 6 seconds.
2. Your video length is about 7 minutes. You covered all your points and read off of a script. Good job on that. A lot of startup youtubers ramble without a script, but you correctly avoided that.
3. Your attempt to do the Deckard voice is not funny. Stop trying to be entertaining. Just cover your material in a genuine way. Just be yourself and be interested in what you're talking about. You don't have to be entertaining.
4. Your video is too short for the constant three stooges/etc. cuts. Stop using cuts just for the sake of using them. It's just clutter and makes it hard to listen to you. It's cringey. People aren't going to sub to you for your cute use of cuts from movies in your videos. They are going to sub to you for the content you create because they are interested in what you're talking about.

hey thanks for the feedback bud I appreciate you takin the time to consider things that could be improved. to be honest though I really was just having fun actually editing the thing. The Cain voice was originally an out-take. this is what happens when it's 4AM and you've failed your script-read several times haha! Also somewhat of an inside joke about that - but this is all good news ultimately because all that stuff takes extra work and time!

I'm just having fun with the editing really and gauging what people like or don't like.
Gotta admit, it's hard to create for an audience without feedback. This is why I'm taking the 'build-it and they will come' approach and why I appreciate this kind of feedback.

Truthfully - the cut-aways don't help with copyright concerns and couldn't be a long-term thing anyhow as I'd eventually run out of new references from old cinema. But I feel like it helps drive the points home while revealing more of my own personality.
But hey if you guys really just want me to deliver a script with some basic comments - I could do that! ^.^

Happy New Years!
//
Yeah man just keep churning out content and I suspect you will build up an audience over time. Just remember to be genuine and keep grinding. I’m not a content creator but it’s a very saturated market and if you actually want to do it I would imagine it’s like any other job. You’ll have to keep at it constantly.