Macros and Numlock

General Discussion
Hi, all!
I was looking for Inna LTK builds and videos on internet, and found this interesting one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmHHNWIo2gM

What really caught my attention though was how fast every skill is being activated.
I don't think it is actually being done only by numlock. Someone mentioned Macro usage, but I don't know what that means or how it is different from Numlock trick.
Could anyone help me on this one?
Thank you!
Cheers
From the looks of it skills 2 and 4 are spammed when he holds down LMB for LTK. Pretty much any programmable gaming mouse such as Logitech can do this. The rest of the inputs were sporadic enough to look like manual presses.
12/20/2018 03:51 PMPosted by GhostDragon
From the looks of it skills 2 and 4 are spammed when he holds down LMB for LTK. Pretty much any programmable gaming mouse such as Logitech can do this. The rest of the inputs were sporadic enough to look like manual presses.

Thank you for feedback!
There is a cheat, it's known about and they won't fix it, where you like hold numlock and and press a number pad number at the same time and it casts that ability every time it's up.

Yes it's a cheat since it makes it so the player never has to remember to cast something. It's when you see those paladins spamming their one skill. Takes so much talent to climb grifts when you never to manually cast anything.
That person has a mechanical gaming keyboard.
I suggest investing in mechanical gaming keyboards...there pricey but worth it.

There's brands such Razor and Corsair that come with Macro keys.
Personally I have a Corsair K70 RGB Rapidfire Cherry MX speed switch keyboard which you really don't need to spam that hard on keys when you have the speed switches...also very useful for certain games too like D3 and FPS.

The Cherry MX speed switches are very light so you really only need to just lightly press the keys til half way down for it to activate.
But they are hard to type with though, as you will get many typos...Even with my keyboard just typing this sentence is hard due to accidentally touching other keys and so you start to type like this => Its vetrfyh hartd to tpypreu witht speed sweoitjuhes.(Translate Its very hard to type with speed switches)
So you have to slow your hands down to type accurately...which is a little frustrating but takes practice.
I've only had the keyboard for less than a year and I'm still trying to get use to typing with speed switches.

But yes there's models with or without Marco's...but I didn't bother getting the Marco model one.
12/21/2018 11:32 AMPosted by Kinslayer
There is a cheat, it's known about and they won't fix it, where you like hold numlock and and press a number pad number at the same time and it casts that ability every time it's up.

Yes it's a cheat since it makes it so the player never has to remember to cast something. It's when you see those paladins spamming their one skill. Takes so much talent to climb grifts when you never to manually cast anything.

It's not a cheat. It's not an exploit. It's not doing something that you can't do yourself. They haven't fixed it, because there is nothing to fix.
12/21/2018 08:36 PMPosted by Rasalom

It's not a cheat. It's not an exploit. It's not doing something that you can't do yourself. They haven't fixed it, because there is nothing to fix.

Why is it used in the first place if it's something you can do yourself?
12/21/2018 11:32 AMPosted by Kinslayer

And using comdemn on numlock lowers your overall effective damage. I hear there are other ways that are done that work around latency issues. Those are the real cheaters.

Edit: down voted lul.

exploits should be fixed. because they are... exploiting a weakness in the game code.

frankly every place someone uses that keyboard trick, they should be balancing those skills to not need to be spammed.
Everyone uses macros. Everyone.
12/22/2018 04:11 PMPosted by Evoportals

Not everyone. But there is a stigma of needing to in order to perform at top level.

except i dont. so... sorry.
i have tried them. it wasnt my thing.

and there is a difference between using macros that are allowed and exploiting a bug which is technically not, but overlooked.

to me, any use of an exploit is "cheating". but its up to blizzard on if that has any consequence.
12/22/2018 04:45 PMPosted by Hurk

except i dont. so... sorry.
i have tried them. it wasnt my thing.

and there is a difference between using macros that are allowed and exploiting a bug which is technically not, but overlooked.

to me, any use of an exploit is "cheating". but its up to blizzard on if that has any consequence.

I think its an exploit if you use a nice keyboard or mouse for better tactile feedback, or a high resolution monitor so you can see better, or a SSHDD to load the game faster, or a high speed internet connection that might have a better ping than others.

See how silly your comment is when reflected? Numlock is a keypress that almost ALL users can use to level a bit of the field. Its not an exploit or a cheat, its a well known part of the PC environment that has a use in this game.
The numlock "trick" works the same as if you would continually press a key.
So if you fire up a GR and hold down your normal number keys for the entirety of the rift you would get the same result.
This makes for a rather silly play style and induces RSI so the devs wisely decided to leave the numlock workaround as is.

I don't use macros.
See how easy it was to disprove your claim?
Numlock trick is legal and allowed, macros are all banned. It's a super grey area, and the chances you get banned for just that are very low, but the chance is there.
12/23/2018 06:40 AMPosted by Meteorblade

I don't use macros.

When I said everyone, I mean every real D3 player that actually ranks. Everyone else is irrelevant.
12/23/2018 11:27 AMPosted by Evoportals
When I said everyone, I mean every real D3 player that actually ranks. Everyone else is irrelevant.

Next time say:

"Every Diablo 3 player that wants to rank up on the leaderboards..."

Because, what you've stated previously was horribly false.
I don't use macros.

Still false. Many legit players rank without cheating.
I don't use macros.

Apparently I'm not a real D3 player since I don't use macros (or numlock, I'm a total fake)? But I do rank, I don't play builds that require macros though.