Why D:I could be a smashing success

General Discussion
Actually the title was a possibility and DI could have been successful in the east but i can assure you is it not the case anymore. Chinese review board for games has decided a lot of games including overtly sexual theme, blood and gore, Kiddy credit card bait AKA microtransaction, etc will be warned to either make changes to the game to suit the Chinese market or facing a ban in those regions.

This recent decision crushed a lot of games in the east let alone a full gore mobile game with half naked characters and full of microtransactions.
Diablo Immortal is going to make Blizzard a lot of money, guaranteed. Anybody who thinks otherwise is only fooling themselves.
i really hope people enjoy it...but the controls will always suck, especially on longer plays. the screen will always be small. ill always be embarrassed to be playing a stupid phone game in public as an adult...and ill always have my good gaming computer, good gaming kb/m and good monitor with good internet at home...where i want to be when gaming in comfort. Will blizzard have a game i play in this enviroment? WOULD LIKE TO KNOW. Best of luck on the phone though. Maybe if blizzard makes a good news weather and email app ill be doing blizzard on the phone...otherwise i have better things to do while on the go.
01/03/2019 07:48 AMPosted by Crunchyblack
i really hope people enjoy it...but the controls will always suck, especially on longer plays. the screen will always be small. ill always be embarrassed to be playing a stupid phone game in public as an adult...and ill always have my good gaming computer, good gaming kb/m and good monitor with good internet at home...where i want to be when gaming in comfort. Will blizzard have a game i play in this enviroment? WOULD LIKE TO KNOW. Best of luck on the phone though. Maybe if blizzard makes a good news weather and email app ill be doing blizzard on the phone...otherwise i have better things to do while on the go.

Agreed.

And yet - they are working on something major, be it D4 or however they want to call it. The way I see it - Diablo Immortal is a game that everyone CAN play but it doesn't mean that everyone WILL play it. In this day and age - seeing adults playing on the phone is not that frowned upon. See Pokemon Go as an example and loads of other people who play Candy crush and things like that.

If you don't want to play it because you feel embarrassed playing on your phone - that's subjective and it's fine. Some people will like to have Diablo on the go without the need to pay for a Switch and such.
I am sure I will check it out just to see what it is like. But I am fairly certain that I will uninstall it just like I have all other so called ARPG games on mobile.
01/02/2019 02:43 PMPosted by MissCheetah
I just hope they don't do it at the expense of the current customers. It is fine to want new customers, but it really causes anger and resentment if they ditch us as a result.

Don't we already see this happening though?
01/03/2019 07:48 AMPosted by Crunchyblack
ill always be embarrassed to be playing a stupid phone game in public as an adult...

Putting this much importance in other people's inconsequential opinions is a sign of immaturity.
01/03/2019 08:14 AMPosted by DonMartin
I just hope they don't do it at the expense of the current customers. It is fine to want new customers, but it really causes anger and resentment if they ditch us as a result.

Don't we already see this happening though?

because the other team is working hard and they don't want to announce something that will differ from what they initially showed. Besides, gamers are impatient. people are impatient. there's no law or decree that says that you have to play a certain game forever. I currently divide my time between playing PoE, Darksiders 3, HotS and learning how to draw. Just because i don't play D3 as much as I used to doesn't mean that I've given up on D3. I'm waiting for the next iteration as much as everyone else here, I just don't feel like I've been betrayed by Blizzard for announcing a mobile game.
I hope it will be a disaster.
People don't want to admit it, but for a mobile game Diablo : Immortal could be the top dog in the app store...

I know it would never be the case on PC, but on mobile D:I could be a game changer considering the poor quality of mobile games in general. The simple fact that it's going to be centered around lore and grinding for gear is already putting it ahead of all the other cash grab games that only focus on making the game flashy and addictive.
still what is it?

"a mobile game and the only good mobile game is Tetris"
Lord Bondo
Yeah, it could be "smashing" alright. When players smash their phones out of frustration because they aren't new enough... hehe

Game on.
01/02/2019 12:34 PMPosted by Imperius

Moderator: Edited for language. Use of words denoting mental illness in any non-medical context, or ones with a derogatory connotation, is inappropriate in the forums.

This... Just this.
01/03/2019 07:10 PMPosted by GatoPreto
01/02/2019 12:34 PMPosted by Imperius

Moderator: Edited for language. Use of words denoting mental illness in any non-medical context, or ones with a derogatory connotation, is inappropriate in the forums.

This... Just this.

Don't know where that is from... I tried to find it in all the threads I participated to recently and there's no trace of that comment.

EDIT : lol found it... dunno what it was though XD I don't recall saying anything relating to a mental illness in that post
You're one of the worst posters here OP.
01/03/2019 08:27 PMPosted by neo
You're one of the worst posters here OP.

Nah, I'm just not in the hate train... I often fact check people like you and that really angers them.

Or I do a bit of research like in this post and come to a logical conclusion, that really angers people...

Really anything that doesn't help you guys cry a bit more is considered a problem on this deeply depressing forum...
Eh...actually it does. The Mobile market is HUGE and if Blizzard has a good entry into it then it will make money. We can hate that all we want, but it does not make it any less true.

It would be like going to your favorite steak house. A place that had high quality meals, was creative, and had custom details. You get there and find they are now a fast food joint churning out cookie cutter trends...to cater to an admittedly large fast food audience. It just feels bad.

They've been saying "multiple Diablo projects" for some time now and even hinting at that before BlizzCon. D:I wouldn't even be a blip on the radar other than a trololol meme or two if they'd announced any of the other projects, even if they're just in the conceptual stages right now. I'm fairly confident you're already aware though that all the players really wanted was something that catered to them in addition to the mobile game announcement, even if it wasn't close to being finished.

To quote the Drazi ambassador from Babylon 5, "Every great fall begins with a single mistake. This...is yours."

Who knows, 2019 might be a breakout year for Blizzard. Then again, it might well be the year that drove me back to console gaming for good (since I can't physically play WoW anymore thanks to the game client changes). Unless Blizzard hits one out of the park and into the next galaxy and doesn't prevent me from being able to play its games, my PS4 and Steam are going to become my best gaming friends again.
why is diablo 1 remastered now allowed because of freezing charge...