Frozen orb DMO speed build question

Wizard
Here is the build https://www.diablofans.com/builds/98787-2-6-1-gr80-95-dmo-frozen-orb-speed

With the new patch what would be the best item : frostburn or crown of the primus ?

If someone know this build have an idea i'd love to have the answer, thank you !
If you have high paragon you won't need crown of primus since you one shot things. I'd go with Frostburn to kill stuff even faster. Primus would be better in a GR push situation to provide a bit of support.
EDITED

Let me take a closer look at the build. Will get back to you.
Frostburns are an okay choice, but I feel they are not the best. Consider:

1.6/1.4=~1.142=~14.2% increase (assumes 0% bonus from Absolute Zero)

But you have to remember, Black Hole with Absolute Zero will be increasing our Cold%. This dilutes the Elemental% pool and makes it less appealing.

Example with 10 enemies hit by BH:
1.9/1.7=~1.118%=~11.1% increase

Example with 30 enemies hit by BH:
2.5/2.3=~1.087=~8.7% increase

-----

You can't fit in Strongarm Bracers if you want to keep the Witching Hour. This is because we also have another belt and bracer in the build: Nemesis Bracer and Shame of Delsere.

Aside from this, with the CHD and AS, Witching Hour is great for hitting a lower FPA BP (higher AS). This makes WH > Strongarms in my opinion for this setup.

That's a shame because Strongarms would have been a pretty good option here for damage increase.

-----

After taking a few minutes look at the build, I'd go with Leoric's Crown for the Grandeur bonus. This item would provide higher RCR which would mean you could get more Frozen orbs off before you would have to use your signature, which translates to the player dealing damage more often during the rift, and therefore more progression earned with less time spent in the rift.

While I feel this alone would be a great swap, you could additionally then opt to swap Astral Presence passive to Unwavering will (~20% toughness and 10% more additive damage while standing still). UW would be great for tanking whilst nuking elites during EW ramp up. It would also give between 6.25% and 6.89% damage increase (30-45% skills + 15% debuff from slow time + possible 10% increase).

I'd really only recommend going UW if you felt confident in resource levels without Astral Presence equipped but chances are that this would be manageable enough, especially if you get that 8% RCR on shoulder. The defense from UW would be really nice for this setup.

RCR from the build currently:
10% Paragon, 12.5% Topaz Helm = 21.3%
10% Paragon, 8% shoulder, 12.5% Topaz Helm = 27.5%

RCR with Leoric's:
10% Paragon, 8% shoulder, 12.5% Topaz Helm = 37.9%

-----

TLDR / Summary:

Leoric's Crown and Perhaps UW (swap Astral) for the extra damage, DPS focus, defense, and utility during the rift.
If you are talking about speedier runs where mobs are dying quick it not really gonna make to huge of a difference what you use.

However if you're talking about higher push runs for DMO, I can hands down 100% guarantee you crown of the primus is a must have item and it has nothing to do with dps.

Time Shell rune - Increase the potency of the movement speed reduction to 80% and reduces the cooldown to 12 seconds.

Point of No Return rune - Enemies that enter or leave the Slow Time area are stunned for 5 seconds.

These 2 rune are typically over looked...
A few months ago I tried using frostburn in the cube instead of crown of the primus. It was at this point I realized how valuable these 2 runes really are, it was a night and day difference.
01/05/2019 05:08 PMPosted by Massaker
If you are talking about speedier runs where mobs are dying quick it not really gonna make to huge of a difference what you use.

However if you're talking about higher push runs for DMO, I can hands down 100% guarantee you crown of the primus is a must have item and it has nothing to do with dps.

Time Shell rune - Increase the potency of the movement speed reduction to 80% and reduces the cooldown to 12 seconds.

Point of No Return rune - Enemies that enter or leave the Slow Time area are stunned for 5 seconds.

These 2 rune are typically over looked...
A few months ago I tried using frostburn in the cube instead of crown of the primus. It was at this point I realized how valuable these 2 runes really are, it was a night and day difference.

I think you missed the title of the post. "Speed". A push build and a speed build are entirely 2 different things.
01/05/2019 06:38 PMPosted by Fullbringer
I think you missed the title of the post. "Speed". A push build and a speed build are entirely 2 different things.

I think you missed the part where I also provided feedback on that... (who is to say what OP might find useful to know)
01/04/2019 07:16 PMPosted by Cratic
Frostburns are an okay choice, but I feel they are not the best. Consider:

1.6/1.4=~1.142=~14.2% increase (assumes 0% bonus from Absolute Zero)

But you have to remember, Black Hole with Absolute Zero will be increasing our Cold%. This dilutes the Elemental% pool and makes it less appealing.

Example with 10 enemies hit by BH:
1.9/1.7=~1.118%=~11.1% increase

Example with 30 enemies hit by BH:
2.5/2.3=~1.087=~8.7% increase

-----

You can't fit in Strongarm Bracers if you want to keep the Witching Hour. This is because we also have another belt and bracer in the build: Nemesis Bracer and Shame of Delsere.

Aside from this, with the CHD and AS, Witching Hour is great for hitting a lower FPA BP (higher AS). This makes WH > Strongarms in my opinion for this setup.

That's a shame because Strongarms would have been a pretty good option here for damage increase.

-----

After taking a few minutes look at the build, I'd go with Leoric's Crown for the Grandeur bonus. This item would provide higher RCR which would mean you could get more Frozen orbs off before you would have to use your signature, which translates to the player dealing damage more often during the rift, and therefore more progression earned with less time spent in the rift.

While I feel this alone would be a great swap, you could additionally then opt to swap Astral Presence passive to Unwavering will (~20% toughness and 10% more additive damage while standing still). UW would be great for tanking whilst nuking elites during EW ramp up. It would also give between 6.25% and 6.89% damage increase (30-45% skills + 15% debuff from slow time + possible 10% increase).

I'd really only recommend going UW if you felt confident in resource levels without Astral Presence equipped but chances are that this would be manageable enough, especially if you get that 8% RCR on shoulder. The defense from UW would be really nice for this setup.

RCR from the build currently:
10% Paragon, 12.5% Topaz Helm = 21.3%
10% Paragon, 8% shoulder, 12.5% Topaz Helm = 27.5%

RCR with Leoric's:
10% Paragon, 8% shoulder, 12.5% Topaz Helm = 37.9%

-----

TLDR / Summary:

Leoric's Crown and Perhaps UW (swap Astral) for the extra damage, DPS focus, defense, and utility during the rift.

Wow man thank you so much for the fast and detailed answer i couldnt expect more, especially from the master of this build ! Thank you again !
01/05/2019 06:46 PMPosted by Massaker
01/05/2019 06:38 PMPosted by Fullbringer

I think you missed the part where I also provided feedback on that... (who is to say what OP might find useful to know)

Okay, I'll bite. Frostburn actually makes a huge difference in a speed build. You're saying it doesn't matter? Well, you're wrong.
Crown of the Primus is really a great option when combined with Ranslor's folly, as is used in many of the current DMO FO push builds.

This particular speed build is running black hole though, and in a speed focus, I feel the stun from point of no return gets in the way of grouping enemies.

On top of that, having to cast up to two bubbles to benefit from the debuff damage (bubble on target) and AS buff (bubble on self) can take longer to set up.

This is why I'd forgo the Primus for this build configuration.

If you really wanted to run Ranslor's+Primus combo, you could. Drop the Witching Hour, cube Ranslor, wear Primus, swap Black hole to Twister (and if you're confident, even replace Unity with CoE). This lowers base AS a tad, but you get the Stretch Time rune. I think this results in a vastly different playstyle.

My preference at current is for Black hole: Absolute Zero here for a few reasons: Black hole is better at pulling elites, which you can focus more on at the speed rifting level. This also frees up an item slot, and the bonus damage from black hole does help increase DPS quite a bit.