Boxes

General Discussion
Blizzard I think you should have loot boxes to sell for Diablo 3 in a new store. You will make much more money. You sell card packs on hearthstone so why not loot boxes for a 1$ here?

Add some mounts even tho we don't need I would still buy cause it's cool. Add some wings, fashion, like 5 different skins for each class. More pets in game and in mtx store, allow us to change our skills and make them look different with our own colors.

New flags, and whatever else.
I think he might be right? but honestly i mean it might bring the diablo 3 team some money to release us more content? i'm not sure tho? leave some feedback.
Highly Rated
Loot boxes are cancer for games and gamers.
No.
Never.
Find another way.
Right, let's turn this into Gachapon III: Reaper of Wallets.

/s
If loot boxes contain only visuals i dont' see how they could be bad, but i do see what happened to heroes ;*(

honestly i think i just want to see something happen with new content thats all i'm trying to get at.

(edited for more content statement)
NO thank you!
12/04/2018 04:54 PMPosted by Mew
honestly i mean it might bring the diablo 3 team some money to release us more content?

Or they could make new content like a DLC or xpac and sell that to us.

I am fine with them selling cosmetic crap in the game as long as they aren't marketed as cancerous, slot machine loot boxes. Make the cosmetic and sell it. Do not make your customer pay money, then pull the lever to see if they get the item that they wanted. Loot boxes are a disgusting mechanic at their core and companies that use them have little to no respect for their player base.
Or sell stash tabs and character slots, the things people have actually asked for and stated they are willing to pay for.
Gotta monetize in some what. The upfront 60 dollars no longer finances a game long term since the money is shifted out of the coffers into pockets within a fiscal year in best cases and in a quarter is worst case scenarios.
Lol.

Dont know if u knew but thank god loot boxes are about to be regulated by the Federal Trade Comission and are actually banned right now in Belgium, Japan, etc.

So loot boxes might not be what they used to be for profit purposes...
12/04/2018 07:11 PMPosted by Sigür
Lol.

Dont know if u knew but thank god loot boxes are about to be regulated by the Federal Trade Comission and are actually banned right now in Belgium, Japan, etc.

So loot boxes might not be what they used to be for profit purposes...

Good. They were always a gimmicky way of getting you to pay more. I'd rather pay $10 more upfront and have all-access than pay $400 and pray that the loot boxes give me favor.
12/04/2018 04:46 PMPosted by Soul
Blizzard I think you should have loot boxes to sell for Diablo 3 in a new store. You will make much more money. You sell card packs on hearthstone so why not loot boxes for a 1$ here?

Add some mounts even tho we don't need I would still buy cause it's cool. Add some wings, fashion, like 5 different skins for each class. More pets in game and in mtx store, allow us to change our skills and make them look different with our own colors.

Better idea. Just let us buy cosmetics outright instead of an RNG box, like China has.
12/04/2018 04:46 PMPosted by Soul

Activision employee spotted.
Can't add in game purchases to an already published game - that is illegal.
Direct purchase of the transmog I want? Acceptable.
Lootbox that might contain the transmog I want? Not acceptable.
12/04/2018 07:03 PMPosted by GhostDragon
Or sell stash tabs and character slots, the things people have actually asked for and stated they are willing to pay for.
That Requires Devs, which we currently do not have
The only time loot boxes are acceptable in my opinion is if they are purchasable by in game currency, that can not be purchased with real world currency. It would give a means to all the gold that you accumulate through running grift upon grift.
12/05/2018 06:17 AMPosted by DarthJackel
The only time loot boxes are acceptable in my opinion is if they are purchasable by in game currency, that can not be purchased with real world currency. It would give a means to all the gold that you accumulate through running grift upon grift.

But im still firmly against loot boxes as a whole.