Blizzard, please take a note from Chris Wilson

Games & Technology
Before I start, this is NOT a plug for POE, but I will be talking about their response to a mass ban that happened, and GGG's response.

So on December 6th, GGG issued a mass ban for accounts that had chargebacks through Steam. This basically means they bought something in POE through the Steam store, but then got Steam to refund the money while still keeping the items. Now it seems that some people had actually got a refund and the items were removed, but this fact was not verified. This was a very bad thing that happened and GGG did mess this up royally.

However, today Chris Wilson (GGG Co-founder) got on Reddit in response to this, he APOLOGIZED and admitted that they made a mistake. They reinstated all banned accounts and are now thoroughly investigating the banned people who actually deserve to be banned. Now in light of this, all of the people who were angry about being banned for no reason, are no longer angry. Why? Because they got a response (it took a week, but the support has a backlog of tickets due to the new patch) and not only that they got an apology.

Blizzard, please take note of this, this is how you take a situation where you messed up royally and properly respond to the issue.

Reference: https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/a5vim0/how_ggg_failed_loyal_poe_players_with_its/

EDIT: Grammar
Yeah because that's a problem that is easily fixed........ Blizzcon can't be fixed, it happened and that's that.
A sincere apology along with better and more communication would go a long way to fixing the relation with D3 fans.
"We're sorry that we're excited about developing a mobile game that we think will be the gold standard for that industry but misread the reaction it would receive at BlizzCon." ?

"We're sorry that we're working on multiple Diablo projects but are unwilling to share details until they're further along in development." ?
"So sowy guys. We didn't want to make you feel forgoten. Pls accept me apology guys. We sowy yer feelings have a boo-boo."
There is a difference here OP, GGG realised that they made a mistake and rightfully apologised and righted their wrongs. Sure some damaged was done, but they lessen the impact and won back some of their customers by their move.

On ActiBlizz case, I don't think the top management view their pursuit of the mobile market as being a "wrong" move. Hence no apology and no word on Diablo for the PC market. Stating that they are hearing and listening to you, tantamount to just lip service now as its been weeks since the BlizzCon debacle. They could have taken a week or two to come up with a reply if they really valued their existing customers. The situation todate speaks for itself, read crickets.

They would not be in this position if they actually listened to their customers in the first place. The level of disconnect between them and the customers is astronomical.
12/13/2018 05:24 PMPosted by jtcdgroup
There is a difference here OP, GGG realised that they made a mistake and rightfully apologise and righted their wrongs. Sure some damaged was done, but they lessen the impact and won back some of their customers by their move.

On ActiBlizz case, I don't think the top management view their pursuit of the mobile market as being a "wrong" move. Hence no apology and no word on Diablo for the PC market. Stating that they are hearing and listening to you, tantamount to just lip service now as its been weeks since the BlizzCon debacle. They could have taken a week or two to come up with a reply if they really valued their existing customers. The situation todate speaks for itself, read crickets.

More like

Undoing a piece of code -> Select + backspace
Undoing an event -> Oopsie, you can't
12/13/2018 05:31 PMPosted by Imperius
There is a difference here OP, GGG realised that they made a mistake and rightfully apologise and righted their wrongs. Sure some damaged was done, but they lessen the impact and won back some of their customers by their move.

More like

Are you really this dumb ? lol

More like

Do you really need blizzard to kiss the boo-boo?
12/13/2018 06:24 PMPosted by Imperius

People also mocked the players who called Blizzard out for bad decisions on Heroes of the Storm. Now that game is in full blown admitted maintenance mode. They are pulling heaps of support from it to work on other projects and leaving it to slowly die.

You seem to really like Diablo. I know because you're on these forums more than I am, and that's saying something. You realize that Diablo won't be a thing anymore if they have no customers, right...?

Yeah, totally cool though, just keep crapping on all of your customers, Blizzard. It's a bold strategy. We're all eager to see if it pays off.

People also mocked the players who called Blizzard out for bad decisions on Heroes of the Storm. Now that game is in full blown admitted maintenance mode. They are pulling heaps of support from it to work on other projects and leaving it to slowly die.

You seem to really like Diablo. I know because you're on these forums more than I am, and that's saying something. You realize that Diablo won't be a thing anymore if they have no customers, right...?

Yeah, totally cool though, just keep crapping on all of your customers, Blizzard. It's a bold strategy. We're all eager to see if it pays off.

Gaming companies end the support of major games all the time... you only have so much employees and new projects are always more important than old ones
12/13/2018 06:44 PMPosted by Imperius
Gaming companies end the support of major games all the time... you only have so much employees and new projects are always more important than old ones

MOBA games are built to last. League of Legends is far older and far more successful than HOTS. They don't just die for no reason. Blizzard's direction with the game failed to attract a large enough crowd or sustain the one they had. The games don't really have story-modes. So their life is endless if you just keep up with them development-wise.

It's legitimately the newest one on the market compared to the two giants in the space, and they are already calling it quits.

Fact of the matter is, this is just another Blizzard fail in what is turning into a long line of them. It sucks, because I really held them in super high regard.
12/13/2018 06:48 PMPosted by Kithelle
12/13/2018 06:44 PMPosted by Imperius

MOBA games are built to last. League of Legends is far older and far more successful than HOTS. They don't just die for no reason. Blizzard's direction with the game failed to attract a large enough crowd or sustain the one they had. The games don't really have story-modes. So their life is endless if you just keep up with them development-wise.

It's legitimately the newest one on the market compared to the two giants in the space, and they are already calling it quits.

Fact of the matter is, this is just another Blizzard fail in what is turning into a long line of them. It sucks, because I really held them in super high regard.

If I'm not mistaken they still plan on adding new characters
12/13/2018 06:49 PMPosted by Imperius
If I'm not mistaken they still plan on adding new characters

Without a supported pro-scene these games get extremely little exposure. The fact of the matter is they didn't have the expected viewership or participation they had hoped for. The direction they took the game failed. Successful games and franchises don't pull back and pull out support.
Chris Wilson already bought a new Phone for the upcoming Good Game called Diablo Immortal! u should do the same. Dont be a Pleb and miss the release of Diablo Immortal cause u have no Phone!
The psychopaths have taken over. And they are not going to apologise. I mean, that would be pushing it! :8
Take the bounty cache and then DOUBLE IT!, oh wait wrong wilson.
12/13/2018 05:03 PMPosted by Jinx
"We're sorry that we're excited about developing a mobile game that we think will be the gold standard for that industry but misread the reaction it would receive at BlizzCon." ?

"We're sorry that we're working on multiple Diablo projects but are unwilling to share details until they're further along in development." ?

After browsing through your post history I'd just want to ask...

Who are you?