Rip Inna's Set

General Discussion
While I think a lot figured the set would take a small hit from PTR to live, getting halved just rekt'd the viability of the set compared to the top performing. I think most expected drop to 1250 from 1500 but to be halved to 750.

Yes it cleared a 131 on the PTR and going by the 130 benchmark did make it overperform but at the same time, this is only due to the RoRG buff since Inna's build was one of the very few classes that benefited more then the 1 or 2 GR buff that the RoRG buff is giving. Once it goes away at the end of the season, the change will hurt even more.

Halving the bonus just makes it far far inferior to the other sets now again.

Plz bring it back to at least 1000 before live. #saveinna
I don't play Monk much but I feel your pain. Whoever decided to nerf Inna's this much is a complete incompetent idiot.
When was inna even viable, lmao. Gj Blizz. You're amazing.
they nerfed inna's, tal rasha'S and reakor (which were not sure to compete with crusaders condemn even without rorg in the first place)....instead of buffing the rest of the sets that are still too weak (still many)

we have tons of useless items (even without affixes), usesless skills + gems on top of having not enough items with dmg reduktion - and all since the last update are 3 setnerfs and LON buff -.-
DH didnt get any nerfs and DH was in the top 3 for solo clear classes in PTR. It was going head to head equally with Innas Monk and Talrasha Wiz. I think DH is going to be the top dog S16.
12/18/2018 05:46 PMPosted by HokGnav
DH didnt get any nerfs and DH was in the top 3 for solo clear classes in PTR. It was going head to head equally with Innas Monk and Talrasha Wiz. I think DH is going to be the top dog S16.
Ssssshh don't blow it for us ROFL
I'm by no means a big Monk player. Sunwuko is definitely my preferred set (because of the skills it supports) followed by Uliana but I leveling up using U6... I only like the optimised set up.

Innas has long fascinated me as it's a 7 item set with a general damage buff (i.e. not specific to certain skills) and those are the ones that generally make the most enjoyable sets for leveling with during the first few weeks of a season.

Whilst I'm sure Innas will still be viable to use at these levels, I was hoping Innas Generator would be competitive at the higher end. I don't like R6 gen builds... the one I started setting up remains unfinished for a reason. The R6 set isn't my style of play. Innas though looks to be more forgiving. I guess I'll wait and see how it performs this season before deciding if it's worth my while making one.

I'm more disappointed in the Tals nerf though. Tals meteor is my favourite dps build atm and the build is so flexible with being converted to gem, gold and DB farming. I'm also a flashfire fan and was hoping to see that 3000% bonus make mince meat of T13.
12/18/2018 04:38 PMPosted by Dragonmaster
While I think a lot figured the set would take a small hit from PTR to live, getting halved just rekt'd the viability of the set compared to the top performing. I think most expected drop to 1250 from 1500 but to be halved to 750.

Yes it cleared a 131 on the PTR and going by the 130 benchmark did make it overperform but at the same time, this is only due to the RoRG buff since Inna's build was one of the very few classes that benefited more then the 1 or 2 GR buff that the RoRG buff is giving. Once it goes away at the end of the season, the change will hurt even more.

Halving the bonus just makes it far far inferior to the other sets now again.

Plz bring it back to at least 1000 before live. #saveinna
You favor a "Season of Detriment", but complain that they nerfed Inna's set a factor of 2 relative to the PTR (and not even the live game). Kettle meet Pot. Pot meet Kettle. It is my opinion that you lost what little credibility that you had in this argument.
Yeah ... Lets make sure the monk cant be DPS.. Love being stuck to support only, Thank you Blizz for the Great work you guys do there
innas nefr is dumb, is a shame, now rip inna
So yeah, I am going to be " That guy " I run my monk as a speed farmer, Sometimes i use bells most other times I use tempest rush, I am not going to say " No " to a 600% damage UPGRADE.

Bells has a lot more clear power, However rush is crazy fast and fun, Normally ill use bells for T13 then use rush on T11 for keys or fun etc. Because Inna's STILL got buffed I can finally ditch bells and do sonic clears on T13. I'll take it.

Okay, You got kicked in the nuts if you wanted to push etc....I guess? I just love the double standards.

At the start of the PTR =

Playerbase " OMFGG INNAA LOLOL SO OP REKT META "
Blizzard " Yeah seems we over did this one lets turn it down abit "
Playerbase " LOLRIP, #BCK2WORTHLESS, -_- "

I mean really? I think its a bit of a overreaction, Anyways let the down voting being :3!
12/18/2018 06:50 PMPosted by Hootwoot
So yeah, I am going to be " That guy " I run my monk as a speed farmer, Sometimes i use bells most other times I use tempest rush, I am not going to say " No " to a 600% damage UPGRADE.

Bells has a lot more clear power, However rush is crazy fast and fun, Normally ill use bells for T13 then use rush on T11 for keys or fun etc. Because Inna's STILL got buffed I can finally ditch bells and do sonic clears on T13. I'll take it.

Okay, You got kicked in the nuts if you wanted to push etc....I guess? I just love the double standards.

At the start of the PTR =

Playerbase " OMFGG INNAA LOLOL SO OP REKT META "
Blizzard " Yeah seems we over did this one lets turn it down abit "
Playerbase " LOLRIP, #BCK2WORTHLESS, -_- "

I mean really? I think its a bit of a overreaction, Anyways let the down voting being :3!

The reason people are pissed is that inna is useless now. Only good for farming.
Now all we are gonna do is play support and sunwuko.
Inna's should have been nerfed maybe not by 50%.

The set buffs the character not a specific skill making it the most optimal choice for any build with no draw back. 1000% per mystic ally would have been fine for inna's while still performing well, it would not have been outperforming other sets designed to buff certain skills AKA Monkey king's garb for WOL/LTK or Raiment for Gen monk.
Im just sad that i basically have to play sunwuko again, will prob play dh now.
Rip:
wiz nerf, monk nerf, barb nerf , PTR Patchnotes.

LON buff...is the alibi that pointless before ROS items were not removed, including the pointless Black Thornes!
Lon play at most a handful of players worldwide!
99% of the players play with sets.

The set Shadow's Mantle is overpowered, the set bonus (2 pieces) has been increased from 1,200% to 6,000%. The set bonus (6 pieces) has been increased from 50,000% to 75,000%
WHY??

I am very disappointed with the upcomming patch 2.6.4

Why they make PTR ?
Well, they managed to balance around free RoRG.

The nerf only means 4-5 GR levels less for the upcoming season. Maybe not THE top set anymore for monk, but should be viable (and: still easier to play than the other sets).

WD will have the same fate. The RoRG buff is a flat 1.5 damage multiplier for pets since you can use T&T and Jerams.

After 2.6.4 they have to rebalance all the sets to be comparable without free RoRG. Let's hope they are aware of it.
12/18/2018 05:10 PMPosted by Evoportals
I don't play Monk much but I feel your pain. Whoever decided to nerf Inna's this much is a complete incompetent idiot.
Sounds like a good description for blizzard devs.
12/18/2018 06:25 PMPosted by Ezekiel
Yeah ... Lets make sure the monk cant be DPS.. Love being stuck to support only, Thank you Blizz for the Great work you guys do there

Barbarians, for the last few years, also say hi.
12/18/2018 09:40 PMPosted by Cybah
The nerf only means 4-5 GR levels less for the upcoming season.

There's the important bit to understand. The drop may seem massive but in the end it has smaller effect than most think. Things just have to be put in a perspective.

Basically with Inna set the effective DPS got halved. What does this mean in practise? Remember that the monster health increases 17% per GR level exponentially. That means monsters have ~2.19 times health at 5 GR level higher. Thus halving the DPS equals roughly 4-5 level drop. The highest solo clear with Inna on the PTR was 131, now it should settle at 126-127 roughly.

Is it really performing badly?
Wait why does PTR to live change?...This is what I don't understand.
You look at new patch notes and go wow a massive buff and then I look at PTR notes compared to new going live patch notes and its a debuff...WTF??

PTR Inna 6 set increased from 150% to 1500%
New Patch Inna 6 set increased from 150% to 750%...err OK what happened here!

But if you compare to what live is "now now" its 150%.

But I don't play PTR so its still a major buff for me LOL....I take any buff any day doesn't matter how big or small or how many times they change there minds on the %...a buff is a buff and I'll take it...so its a win for me. LOL (joking)

Sometimes I do wonder what's the point of PTR if they change their minds once it goes live.