DOT Event - Cow Pet / Wirt's Leg Issue

Console Discussion
Re-posting this from thread titled "Darkening of Tristram", as that title doesn't specifically flag the bug.

I'm having the same issue with Wirt's Leg on PS4. For the record, I did not change the date on my console, just entered the labyrinth when it presented itself naturally. I gave the plans to the Blacksmith, and while it still costs 1 million in gold, it only crafts a BLUE item, not an Orange Legendary item as it should . . . this might be part of the issue, the issue being it salvages for materials and not the next link in the Cow Pet chain. Hopefully it's something they can fix without having to go through the whole exercise all over again.
I am on XBox One and am having the same issue, Writ's Leg is not coming up as a legendary and is salvaging into Arcane Dust and not the Map of the Stars. I have been waiting 360ish days for this event. Come on Blizzard this same issue happened last year, fix it please.
Same thing with me too.
did you guys get the 7 pages from the dark cultist yet? maybe that has something to do with it? If the portal is open "officially" now, I'll go give it another shot after work and see since I collected all these pages.
I have all seven pages of the cultist and the wirt's leg is still a blue item. And I'm playing on the Nintendo switch.
01/04/2019 03:39 AMPosted by Taetew
did you guys get the 7 pages from the dark cultist yet? maybe that has something to do with it? If the portal is open "officially" now, I'll go give it another shot after work and see since I collected all these pages.

Sure did . . . completed that Wednesday night. Finding Page 7 took forever . . . must have farmed 70+ pages total just to find it.
its a bug thats affecting all systems... as usual every year. PC got fixed. Now, for consoles, blizz now has another maker to go through to get everything done at the same time.
Ha given the time it took for the Starcraft pet to be patched on console then we may get the patch for this for January 2020!

Astonishing this has happened again...what on earth has happened to their quality control...especially as it's not a new bug.
I just made the blue wirt leg ;(

I re-ran the full dungeon killing everything and made another blue leg... Oh well

I think the problem with the Devs homer, is they actually don't have phones so they cant be contacted.

They probably all tossed their phones in the trash after blizzcon
01/04/2019 12:30 PMPosted by homerjnick
Ha given the time it took for the Starcraft pet to be patched on console then we may get the patch for this for January 2020!

Astonishing this has happened again...what on earth has happened to their quality control...especially as it's not a new bug.

i read an article recently that Activision is what is !@#$ing blizzard up. they are pushing quantity over quality, and making everything money related instead of QoL for the games. Basically, the finance department is making all the decisions now, which that should be the very last department to make any decisions.
01/04/2019 08:30 AMPosted by EightballVA
01/04/2019 03:39 AMPosted by Taetew

Sure did . . . completed that Wednesday night. Finding Page 7 took forever . . . must have farmed 70+ pages total just to find it.

I don't know if your unlucky but I had the 1st 2nd and 3rd pages already and it only took me 1 10 min run to get the last pages
I don't know if this is pure coincidence or not or if Blizz patched Wirt's leg this morning but this is what just happened for me:

20 minutes ago I went to Haedrig and crafted a blue Wirt's leg which salvaged into Arcane Dust just like it has been for everyone else. I then checked my challenges and saw that I had one unique left for Protector of Tristram and I wanted my Demon Portrait on Switch so I ran the labyrinth a couple of times and got my last unique along with the challenge and my portrait. I then went back to Haedrig and Wirt's leg now shows as legendary. I bought it, salvaged it for Map of the Stars. Unless it was just patched this morning, I think it's worth trying to get the Protector of Tristram Challenge to see if that works for anyone else.

Edit: Never mind I just saw another post where a guy said Wirt's leg is working on PS4. guess it was just coincidence.
I have the cow pet on Switch now. All DoT challenges and rewards complete :)
I can confirm fix is completed on PS4 as well. If you're still having issues, try closing the application and restarting Diablo fresh. When you return to Haedrig, Wirt's leg should now show up as an orange legendary item.
It's fixed on XB1 as well. Finally got the royal cow today. If anyone on XBox 1 needs a Wirt's leg, I can craft you one for free.
Mine showed blue on my Switch. I'll try to close and reopen the game.
Posted by Nevalistis in General Discussion :
01/11/2019 06:15 PMPosted by Nevalistis
Couple more clarifications, as the hotfix functions a little differently based on which platform you're playing on.

PC
Wirt's Leg will show as a blue quality (Magic) recipe, but the cost/materials needed to craft are correct. This is a known issue, and specific to PC. Once you craft the item, it will appear as Legendary in your inventory and salvage appropriately.

Console
Once you reach the main menu and connect to the internet, wait a few seconds before entering the game (5-10 should do it). This will ensure that the hotfix applies correctly, as if you enter the game too quickly, you may continue to see the Wirt's Leg recipe as blue (Magic) quality instead of Legendary.

In addition, the hotfix on these platforms must be applied with each new client session (i.e., every time you first start the game). In the future, this is something we will address, but for the remainder of this year’s event, this will be the case.

Once again, apologies for the confusion. Supporting multiple platforms comes with its own challenges, and we appreciate your patience and understanding. <3
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/20770687430?page=18#post-351
if the 4th DoT at 2020 is still having this problem.. I really wish someone would save the 2017, 2018 & this 2019 post

of course if anyone is still playing D3 :)
01/12/2019 12:53 AMPosted by Fox420
It's fixed on XB1 as well. Finally got the royal cow today. If anyone on XBox 1 needs a Wirt's leg, I can craft you one for free.

i woulds like one :) Gamertag on XB1 is StarbuckUnited
Sure thing. My gamertag is Drizzt420x. I'll add you @Starbuck.