Primals True to Form!

General Discussion
My 3 Primals for this Season:
Nagelring (who even uses this?)
Broken Promises (I actually have CHC)
Hexing Pants of Mr. Yan (I don't use any channeling build)

Primals: great idea, horrible execution, like most things in this game. That's why every once in a while I say this game needs parametric randomization!
01/04/2019 07:53 AMPosted by StoneCold

Primals: great idea, horrible execution, like most things in this game. That's why every once in a while I say this game needs parametric randomization!

Maybe Meteorblade needs to teach you another lesson in statistics...
There is no seasonal hero on the account you're posting from but a general rule of thumb is: speed runs at high levels increases the chances of getting useful primal drops.
Another rule of thumb: a good non ancient item can be better than an ancient item and a good ancient item can be just as good, or better, compared to a primal ancient.
Happy to enlighten you.
It's just an inflated legendary. Do you complain every time you get a legendary you can't use?

Salvage them, and move on.

Non-issue.
The Hexing Pants could be a hint from RNGesus it's time to try a channel build.
01/04/2019 09:04 AMPosted by Jazz
Maybe Meteorblade needs to teach you another lesson in statistics...

Thanks, Jazz. Hold my beer...
complain more and Blizzard will add in another higher tier.

this game is truly dead
01/05/2019 01:44 AMPosted by fathom
complain more and Blizzard will add in another higher tier.

Game is not dead, Blizzard is lazy and disrespectful to a legacy what made them today.

Any Follower on T13 Neph Rift farming. It has Magic Find and some extra wouldn't hurt.

Followers don't, they have 0% base ChC. However you're better off with Unity and Oculus as always. Not saying BP is better, but still a nice variety. Monks used to be all over this ring and still some try to utilize it (and fail miserably because game lackluster on balance).

Whelp... It's actually pretty nice even though you don't use.
Ribald Etchings (Scoundrel all-skills token)
Halcyon's Ascent
Fiendish Grips... this one is actually a pretty good item, just not quite as good as the regular Ancient version I already have.
Well lucky me, I got a special Primal that I am sure everybody's been lookin for.
A drum roll please.
A Primal Ancient Legendary CHAINGMAIL!
That is the chest piece that heals you real fast after you get a survival bonus and is in such high demand these days, just in case you didn't know.
Can't get that much "truer to form" than that... can we?
I actually used a Chaingmail to get an achievement a couple of days ago. I'd been at 99% for the Challenges section for ages and decided to try to get the one achievement I was missing to complete it, which was "survive with low health 250 times". I took away all my paragon points from life regen, made sure I had no life regen items on, dismissed my follower, equipped a Chaingmail and then, in a T6 game, just parked my hero in the middle of a fire pit, and watched some YouTube for a bit. Fire pit kept taking the hero to under 10% health then the Chaingmail healed him up to full. Admittedly, it's not an item I would use otherwise, but it still might help someone get this achievement.

So what? Primals were a nice addition but calling it a geat idea show a fundamental lack of understandiing of probability and statistics.

Some simple truths
1) Many legendaries have little use especially in the context of optimal builds. Of the total number of distinct legendaries that you can get, what percent are build useful?

2) For legendaries, the statistics from millions of drops suggest that ~90% are regular, ~9.8% are ancient, and ~ 0.22%-0.23% are primal. Therefore, one expexts ~45 ancient legendaries per primal drop. Given this, you are much more likely to find an ancient that fits your build due to having an order of magnitude more opportunites than a primal.
01/05/2019 06:54 AMPosted by Windigo
A Primal Ancient Legendary CHAINGMAIL!

Only relevant if your class have invulnerability skills and you're effectively using it. When second chance triggered after a fatal hit, just hit the invulnerability spell and watch it regenerate.

Also I heard peeps been trying to pull stuff with Death's Bargain and Rogar's Huge Stone. Especially Monks were trying to pull it with their double safety net but that was a thing in the past; version 2.3.0-2.4.x patch times or even before. I guess that approach is nerfed to the ground by then, because I see no one trying to utilize it anymore.
01/05/2019 07:01 AMPosted by Meteorblade
I actually used a Chaingmail to get an achievement a couple of days ago.

I bettcha you wished it was a Primal Chaingmail to get that achievement!
Darn you! Now I have to check and see if I have that achievement! I can use your "exploit" to get that achievement if I don't have it. ;)