lgbt content in diablo 4

Games & Technology
Clearly a troll thread, stuff goes up on the WoW forums constantly.
Please don't feed.
01/08/2019 06:24 AMPosted by TaintedFate
asking an opinion = getting downvoated
what an actual scrubs are dwelling in this forum

Downvoting is a quick way of expressing one's opinion here. I.e. downvote = I don't agree with what your post is saying.
And it seems that it will be the vast majority's opinion here that there is no reason to drag gender identity and individuals' sexual preferences into a Diablo game. There are no relationships in the game to speak of, so why bother pointing out who is straight and who is gay?
Let's take a step back.

Has there ever been a single "love story" in the Diablo franchise? I can't recall one.

Do we really need to bring love or sexuality into the franchise? Probably not. So far, it hasn't been relevant to the story or gameplay.

Diablo has always been about killing demons. Most demons don't speak, and those that do typically only have one line. In that sense, they're very one-dimensional. What benefit would knowing a demons sexuality really give us?

Unless a well written storyline that can account for multiple facets of characters and their interpersonal development is produced, I just don't see this as being relevant.
hehe yeah it makes no sense to drag it into a game at all.

"Well, boi, when I'm not grinding any and all demons, I'm GRINDING any and all demons, know what I mean?" Is just an immersion destroyer in any game where that can't possibly have any sense of relevance the the plot.
01/08/2019 07:16 AMPosted by DarkAngel777
Has there ever been a single "love story" in the Diablo franchise? I can't recall one.

Weren't the Nephalem the offspring of matings between angels and demons?
01/08/2019 08:11 AMPosted by Meteorblade

The Nephalem were the first inhabitants of Sanctuary, children of an Angel called Inarius and a Demon called Lilith.

https://www.diablowiki.net/Nephalem
01/08/2019 08:11 AMPosted by Meteorblade

I mean...banging =/= love... especially where demons are concerned. ;)

That said, Deckard is my love story. ;)

Kormac the Templar loves Eirena the Enchantress. Since she didn't answer to his feelings in next patch he might change his mind and go after Lyndon the Scoundrel. They both move on the Scovos Isles and live happily ever after. That would be a new twist to the story.

I have no idea what Kadala and Myriam are doing in town when we are away smashing demons.
NO.

Keep this crap out of Diablo, and video games in general.

I don't care for it in Overwatch, I don't want to see it spread to all their games.

None of that has any bearing on the game itself. It's the kind of crap that is included for the simple fact of pushing one's views.
01/08/2019 09:23 AMPosted by KeenDzaDza
I have no idea what Kadala and Myriam are doing in town when we are away smashing demons.

I bet the video of that would get plenty of likes.
There's a good Russian saying that you should not try to divvy up the skin of a bear that you've not killed yet.

We're not even sure about D4 ever being released and ppl are already discussing it's features. Blizzard is in a state right now, where D4's release for the PC is not even a certainty, especially in light of what happened at Bcon. Stop posting this crap until we know and until we know that it'll be out before 2050.
01/08/2019 07:18 AMPosted by Zeddicuus
demons

mortally challenged*
01/08/2019 09:38 AMPosted by Ashock
There's a good Russian saying that you should not try to divvy up the skin of a bear that you've not killed yet.

We're not even sure about D4 ever being released and ppl are already discussing it's features. Blizzard is in a state right now, where D4's release for the PC is not even a certainty, especially in light of what happened at Bcon. Stop posting this crap until we know and until we know that it'll be out before 2050.

what really makes me optimistic
is that the slogan for new diablo is "embrace the darkness" and this slogan seems like not working well with all "love" side of things.
Egh, imagine your most interesting characteristic being your sexuality.