Silence.

General Discussion
Highly Rated
Loving the feedback and community interaction Blizzard.

I wonder if anyone is even home?
There are many gaming studios out there that communicate a million times better with their fans and supporters then Blizzard. These studios also have a lot less money because they value you and it more and "Hopefully" eventually don't have to sell out like Blizzard did.

I miss when making good video games for entertainment was working. It saddens me that Blizzard has their name tied to Activision. It truly was the day Blizzard died. That's when the political responses started and also all the lies they keep spoon feeding us today. You see it across all their games, the same political responses used to dangle the fans on.

I suggest anyone that reads this, to just move on. Nothing is going to change because the person "Reading" our feedback most likely can't say a word about anything. Activision don't care about if the game is good, they only care if it can make money. It won't change.
12/17/2018 03:37 PMPosted by Zedonius
Activision don't care about if the game is good, they only care if it can make money. It won't change.

Why are you talking about Activision? Blizzard Entertainment is a private company owned by Activision Blizzard. Activision doesn't have anything to do with the day-to-day decisions of Blizzard.

Activision Blizzard can make requests, like "bring home the bacon" or "stop wasting money with cancelled projects", but they don't have a presence at Blizzard Entertainment to make every decision for them.

Blizzard Entertainment is still controlled by 3 co-fonders and the new CEO is the guy who was leading the WoW division since 2005. It's still Blizzard, but they are getting way too big to offer the personal touch that you are looking for.
Nope, they're too busy screwing over the remaining Blizzard community fanbase groups with super garbage financial planning like what just happened with HotS. Even if it wasn't a popular game, it had a following, and a bunch of people doing eSports (not my thing) that just got royally screwed a month or so after BlizzCon where they announced not only a new hero, but the new season for HotS Competitive League and HotD in 2019.
12/17/2018 03:49 PMPosted by Imperius
Activision doesn't have anything to do with the day-to-day decisions of Blizzard.

If you really believe this, you are as out of touch as Blizzard themselves.
I will remind you that Blizzard's new CFO is straight from Activision, and all of the $#!^iest things that have happened came after that.
To quote my self:

"Activision owns a majority share in Blizzard and thus wields immense power over the direction of Blizzard. The writing has been on the wall since D3 and the AH. Blizzard then LED the industry in to the loot box generation with Overwatch. Many in the community including my self have turned a blind eye in upholding blizzard as the gold standard in the games industry. Unfortunately this has not been the case for awhile and I do not anticipate a return to form. Blizzard went all in on esports and now are going all in on mobile. Both are directions i cannot support."

In addition the new CFO is former Activision. Keeping the Blizzard name was as much a PR decision as anything else as Blizzard had a very high profile brand name even at the time. In addition to the fact they trade under the same stock and have to please the same investors. Blizzard is not a private company.
12/17/2018 03:56 PMPosted by oneredflag
To quote my self:

"Activision owns a majority share in Blizzard and thus wields immense power over the direction of Blizzard. The writing has been on the wall since D3 and the AH. Blizzard then LED the industry in to the loot box generation with Overwatch. Many in the community including my self have turned a blind eye in upholding blizzard as the gold standard in the games industry. Unfortunately this has not been the case for awhile and I do not anticipate a return to form. Blizzard went all in on esports and now are going all in on mobile. Both are directions i cannot support."

In addition the new CFO is former Activision. Keeping the Blizzard name was as much a PR decision as anything else as Blizzard had a very high profile brand name even at the time. In addition to the fact they trade under the same stock and have to please the same investors. Blizzard is not a private company.

A CFO controls the money coming in and out, but he doesn't control anything beyond that. They can make cuts or infuse more money in one or another project. CFO isn't a huge job with tons of control over a brand... they control the finances. That would be like saying that your bank controls your decisions in life.

A thighter budget could actually be a good thing for Blizzard, considering how much money they waste on cancelled projects.

And yes Blizzard Entertainment is a private company... Activision Blizzard is not however. Activision Blizzard is the merger of Activision and Vivendi, it's not Blizzard Entertainment.

Look at it this way... GGG is a private company, which is owned by Tencent and Tencent is a public company. Does that make GGG a public company? Nope it doesn't.
12/17/2018 03:24 PMPosted by Zedonius

You mean like the blue post where they apologised for screwing up the double bounty cache buff over the weekend? Oh, wait... there was no such post.
Simply implying that Activision is in control of the public relations on Blizzard Entertainment's forums is almost laughable...

Here's the thing.

Activision is not Activision Blizzard.
Blizzard Entertainment is not Activision Blizzard.

They are 3 seperate companies.

Kraft owns hundreds of private companies and none of those companies are Kraft... they are simply owned by Kraft. Kraft can infuse money in one company or ask for more output from another, but that doesn't mean Kraft employees are all around making the decisions for those companies.
12/17/2018 03:49 PMPosted by Imperius
Activision don't care about if the game is good, they only care if it can make money. It won't change.

Why are you talking about Activision? Blizzard Entertainment is a private company owned by Activision Blizzard. Activision doesn't have anything to do with the day-to-day decisions of Blizzard.

Activision Blizzard can make requests, like "bring home the bacon" or "stop wasting money with cancelled projects", but they don't have a presence at Blizzard Entertainment to make every decision for them.

Blizzard Entertainment is still controlled by 3 co-fonders and the new CEO is the guy who was leading the WoW division since 2005. It's still Blizzard, but they are getting way too big to offer the personal touch that you are looking for.

Its a crime to be so stupid.
12/17/2018 04:33 PMPosted by Gadra
Its a crime to be so stupid.

Says the people who think Activision is controlling the forums.....
In addition the new CFO is former Activision.

True, but she'd report to the CEO of Blizzard (J. Allen Brack). I've never seen a business where the CFO doesn't report to the CEO.

Blizzard have also said they actively recruited her and chose her out of a large, very competitive, and highly-qualified set of candidates.

I'm sure J. Allen Brack wants Blizzard to make money money as he'd be earning his bonuses based on Blizzard's profitability. No need to bring up the Activision boogeyman.
12/17/2018 04:24 PMPosted by Meteorblade
12/17/2018 03:24 PMPosted by Zedonius

You mean like the blue post where they apologised for screwing up the double bounty cache buff over the weekend? Oh, wait... there was no such post.

I tried?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
12/17/2018 04:28 PMPosted by Imperius
Simply implying that Activision is in control of the public relations on Blizzard Entertainment's forums is almost laughable...

Here's the thing.

Activision is not Activision Blizzard.
Blizzard Entertainment is not Activision Blizzard.

They are 3 seperate companies.

Kraft owns hundreds of private companies and none of those companies are Kraft... they are simply owned by Kraft. Kraft can infuse money in one company or ask for more output from another, but that doesn't mean Kraft employees are all around making the decisions for those companies.

except there is a parent company that has ultimate authority on decisions. and in this situation, activision blizzard is that parent company.

yes, it was a tentative arrangement that blizzard would continue to operate on its own, but anyone who has paid any attention has been reading on the slow moving integration of activision blizzard's decision making.

diablo immortal and the move to mobile games is a push by activision blizzard to boost shareholders. it is not a coincidence that subsequent PR initiatives have been controlled, either by blizzard or activision blizzard. the PR really is negligible, because ultimately major decisions are seemingly being made by activision blizzard at this point.

hence the move to put CFO amrita ahuja into a position at blizzard to circumvent blizzard control for profit management. i mean really, you are either trolling or you are some paid shill to come here and troll the forums to do damage control. because at this point, you can't feign ignorance or stupidity when all the facts are here before us.
There are many gaming studios out there that communicate a million times better with their fans and supporters then Blizzard. These studios also have a lot less money because they value you and it more and "Hopefully" eventually don't have to sell out like Blizzard did.

I miss when making good video games for entertainment was working. It saddens me that Blizzard has their name tied to Activision. It truly was the day Blizzard died. That's when the political responses started and also all the lies they keep spoon feeding us today. You see it across all their games, the same political responses used to dangle the fans on.

I suggest anyone that reads this, to just move on. Nothing is going to change because the person "Reading" our feedback most likely can't say a word about anything. Activision don't care about if the game is good, they only care if it can make money. It won't change.

Already have. I uninstalled everything Blizzard over a month ago for #diablout. Just never came back. I had already been unsubbed from WOW for over a year. But I did cancel any plans I had to buy the SC2 content I still didn't have, and I cancelled plans to buy the WC3 remaster (that would've been a must buy, but I can't justify giving any money to Blizzard for any reason).

Blizzard HAD a very high profile brand name. Key word is had. You can bet that as soon as the Blizzard brand carries any negative connotations, Activision will drop it like a hot potato. This will probably happen within the next couple of years. Activision will announce that Blizzard is being shut down, and there will be some announcement peppered with PR speak like "employees are being moved to new teams in the organization" or something like that. If you want to know exactly how it will go down, just look to EA's shutdown of Visceral.

https://youtu.be/pOSUWFgLWGU
12/17/2018 05:14 PMPosted by Jinx
In addition the new CFO is former Activision.

True, but she'd report to the CEO of Blizzard (J. Allen Brack). I've never seen a business where the CFO doesn't report to the CEO.

Blizzard have also said they actively recruited her and chose her out of a large, very competitive, and highly-qualified set of candidates.

I'm sure J. Allen Brack wants Blizzard to make money money as he'd be earning his bonuses based on Blizzard's profitability. No need to bring up the Activision boogeyman.

And the new CFO's resume is quite impressive. The 3 years at Activision is only a small part of it.
12/17/2018 05:27 PMPosted by Mcslops
diablo immortal and the move to mobile games is a push by activision blizzard to boost shareholders.

Michael Morhaime, Frank Pearce, and Chris Metzen were all talking about mobile back in 2016. Mobile isn't a focus because of Activision.

https://venturebeat.com/2016/02/12/blizzards-execs-eye-mobile-as-their-next-winning-game-strategy-but-not-virtual-reality/

But all mentioned mobile devices as an exciting development environment, and Pearce said that the idea of bringing Blizzard’s deep heritage in real-time strategy to that platform deserved “conscious evaluation.”
12/17/2018 05:30 PMPosted by Stormspark
If you want to know exactly how it will go down, just look to EA's shutdown of Visceral.

Again with the weak argument of Visceral Games...

I'm gonna say it again then :)

Visceral Games was originally a studio that EA fonded themselves, it was called EA Redwood Shores. Visceral Game was not a Private company owned by EA, unlike Blizzard Entertainment with Activision...

Visceral WAS EA. Shutting down one of your division isn't like shutting down a private company that you own.

If things go wrong with Blizzard, they will sell the brand. It is not their decision to make to shut down Blizzard or not.
But wait - I could have sworn I read somewhere that Blizzard was "fully committed" to "engaging" with the community....over a month ago, with almost total radio silence since.

The next blue posts will be after xmas when the patch gets announced. After that happens...well, they could always try to set a new record for consecutive days without any communication whatsoever...
Blizzard developers are only leveling up their Silence skill before they are comfortable to attempt using their Communicate skill.

It's a very confusing thing for the developers and I think we as a community need to band together and unite our positive thinking as a force of power to help bolster Blizzard's lack of determination.

;)